Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,800 members, 7,915,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:49 PM

My Stewardship As A 2 Time Elected Councillor Of Awlaw In Oji-river LGA, Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Stewardship As A 2 Time Elected Councillor Of Awlaw In Oji-river LGA, Enugu (1108 Views)

Unexploded Civil War Bomb Discovered In Oji River / Hausa Man Contests For Councillor In Ebonyi Under PDP (Photos) / Aisha Eniola Is An Elected Councillor In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Stewardship As A 2 Time Elected Councillor Of Awlaw In Oji-river LGA, Enugu by Obaradikegwu(m): 11:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
Greetings my fellow nairalanders,my name for the records is Hon. Onyebueke Ifeanyi, the immediate past councillor representing Awlaw in Oji-river LGA, Enugu state, an Alumni of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Bsc in Applied Microbiology/Brewing science. Permit me to use this medium to acknowledge your support, criticism and encouragement during my four year long tenure as the 2 time elected councillor, member representing Awlaw in oji-river LGA, Enugu state.Indeed it was an action packed four long years. Legislatively, physically, spiritually,morally, politically and otherwise. God was faithful in all, I went from being a member of the legislative house, rose through the ranks of principal officer being the Speaker of the house and subsequently sacrificially in accordance to the principles of zoning as practiced by Enugu state and upheld by Oji-river, ended as the Deputy Speaker of the house. It was really a sign of political sagacity based on political arithmetic(Hehe).
It is on record that in synergy and good working relationship between the state and local government, the on going Awlaw-Mbala Isuochi road was activated during my regime and apart from capital projects, my political ward was devoid of political crisis, I ensured maximum peace through our grassroot mobilisation and enlightenment guaranteeing that injury was done to no man/woman in his/her right. As a legislator, we are limited to what we can achieve when it comes to capital projects cum delivery of democracy dividends( I suppose u know) but your rep did his lot.
In my capacity, I attracted the MDG project of a health centre in Etiti Awlaw autonomous community, after a tour of projects desired by the people, I wrote the State Primary Education Board and member representing Oji-river LGA in the state house of assembly Hon.Uzogbado Donatus( Deputy speaker Enugu state house of assembly) on the poor state of classrooms and science laboratory in Awlaw high school, Central school Awlaw and Community school Awlaw. Attention was drawn to the then state commisioner for works Hon. Engr, Goddy Madueke on the completion of the Awlaw-Nkwuni-Mbala Isuochi road/bridge, Awlaw-Owerre nzukalla road, Umudunwanyi-Ndiagu road ravaged by gully erosion to mention but a few.
I also in the course of my political exploits and service to my people, had a near fatal accident with my official car along Enugu/Abakaliki express road, abakpa axis, Enugu, God saved me and my brother Umebuani Merit.
Rounding off was magnificent as I, through the support of the immediate past Executive chairman of Oji-river Hon. Onyemaechi Jideofor, cleared and bulldozed nearly 25km road in parts of my political ward AWLAW. This project span through a period of over seventy(70) days and I was on ground from start to finish. Most significant of the road project is the Awlaw-Owerre ezukalla road which is an inter-state road ( Enugu and Anambra respectively). Picture evidence will follow up to buttress the probity of my standing on the above stated.
once more I say a very big thank you to all of us and most especially my immediate community AWLAW( Ito Nka Isaa) ,my dogged and most Honourable Colleagues of Oji-river Legislative council(By the By, as always, We Are Saying The Same Thing) the most distinguished STAKEHOLDERS of Oji-river( Mmadu no ya) and OJI-RIVER LGA for giving me this most cherished opportunity to serve and showcase a little of what I can do when put to test. I am most humbled and ever grateful.
Long live Awlaw, Ito nka Isaa!
Long live Oji-river LGA!!
Long live Enugu state!!!
Long live the Federal republic of Nigeria!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Bought one Sachet Of Pure Water N 20 Yesterday#pix / Goodluck Jonathan was the best executive President Nigeria ever had. / Evidence Showing Don Jazzy F..k Tiwa Savage.....pic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.