Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,337 members, 7,950,664 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

I Can't Get On Well With My Mother - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Can't Get On Well With My Mother (4034 Views)

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / I Can't Satisfy My Wife In Bed / My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by ekakids(f): 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2009
sparta, at times the dad are cool headed with the kids but you know how it is,the mom;s relationship is more important to children
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 18, 2009
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2009
sparta:

@ poster, where is your papa in all of this? I havent seen anything about him in all this.

Why didn't you allow the sleeping dog to lie? undecided
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by spikedcylinder: 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2009
Lol! History biting you in the @ss! tongue
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 18, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Lol! History biting you in the @ss! tongue

Not really. I am just fed up of talking about it. 4 years have passed. It's time we left the past behind.
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Outstrip(f): 2:32am On Mar 19, 2009
I am happy that you are talking about finishing your studies. Why were you not with her until age ten? Stay strong. One thing I know about african mothers (including mine) is that they tend to be very aggressive in their method of raising their children and it never really works. Be strong. There is no reason for a mother to abuse her child but we know it happens. God is your strength. Keep your eyes on the prize. Go to school and be a good citizen.
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Outstrip(f): 2:36am On Mar 19, 2009
This was actually 5 years ago and it was michelin. So how is your relationship now
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2009
Outstrip:

This was actually 5 years ago and it was michelin. So how is your relationship now

Better or worse but I am no longer going to stress myself over her. Make she go her way!
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Epi: 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2009
michelin89:

Better or worse but I am no longer going to stress myself over her. Make she go her way!
With all due respect -  Your mother may not be perfect, but she carried you for 9 months and will love you when NOBODY else will. Give her a break.
Fact: I have my ups and downs with my mom but to say I don't like her or not speaking to her - sorry, I can't because she is my mum. 
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Outstrip(f): 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2009
epi it is not that straight forward. I am not saying that her mother is evil cause I had issues with my mom too but I have seen cases were it was simply better to let the mother sort out herself. Mother and daughter relationshps always have k leg but some of those relationships can get very toxic.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by benincitys(f): 8:05pm On Mar 19, 2009
i think all the 16year kids have problem with mom just like me
but today we are best of friends.
michelin89 try to make it work .
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2009
@ all

give me some break. What the hell do you know?

I blame whoever brought this thread back after 5 years.
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Pepeye(f): 5:13pm On Mar 20, 2009
A case of some kids do have them
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by brownbonno(m): 8:36am On Mar 21, 2009
michelin89:

Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.(Exodus 20V12)

At 21 you should be able to appreciate the efforts of your mother to bring you out of Nigeria to get a good life there in Italy.
To avoid a possible curse,you MUST go back to your mother and apologise for all your past actions.Otherwise you should be getting prepared for a possible battle of life.
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by biina: 9:22am On Mar 21, 2009
@OP
Typical teenage girl vs mom issues. Will outgrow it in a few years.
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 22, 2009
biina:

@OP
Typical teenage girl vs mom issues. Will outgrow it in a few years.

Sound like an easy way out - sweeping things under the carpet.
Saying "Typical teenage girl vs mom issues. Will outgrow it in a few years," is pretty dissmissive, and that's wrong!
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 22, 2009
michelin89:

Why didn't you allow the sleeping dog to lie? undecided

I did wonder myself. undecided
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 22, 2009
brownbonno:

Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.(Exodus 20V12)

At 21 you should be able to appreciate the efforts of your mother to bring you out of Nigeria to get a good life there in Italy.
To avoid a possible curse,you MUST go back to your mother and apologise for all your past actions.Otherwise you should be getting prepared for a possible battle of life.

Yes, but parents need to earn respect. I went through similar growing up.
Just because parents are older (and should supposedly know better) doesn't automatically make them right!
Re: I Can't Get On Well With My Mother by Epi: 12:11am On Mar 23, 2009
Never know this is an "oh-5" thread.  Yea, we should let sleeping dogs threads lie

Putting this thread back to sleep.  [size=28pt]S[/size][size=18pt]h[/size]hhhhh

*singing*

Hush little baby, don't say a word,
Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird.

And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring.

And if that diamond ring turns to brass,
Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass.

And if that looking glass gets broke,
Papa's gonna buy you a billy goat.

And if that billy goat won't pull,
Papa's gonna buy you a cart and bull.

And if that cart and bull turn over,
Papa's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.

And if that dog named Rover won't bark,
Papa's gonna buy you a horse and cart.

And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Having Trouble Understanding My Nigerian Husband / My Husband Beat Me Up And L Collapsed. / Beware Of Jobless Men With Strong Diçk!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.