Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:48 PM

Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP (2712 Views)

Bode George, Dokpesi For PDP Chairmanship Position / Gulak Takes Over PDP Chairmanship / Troop Repels Boko Haram Attack In Gulak, Recover Vehicles, Ammunitions(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:16am On Jan 28, 2016
Yesterday at about 2pm, the former Special Adviser on political affairs to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan stormed the National secretariat of People's Democratic Party to assume the National Chairmanship position of the party, which I believe is a victory for democracy and the PDP, and should be welcomed by all.

The Legality and Party Precedents:
For avoidance of doubt, Section 47(6) stipulates that “Where a vacancy occurs in any of the offices of the Party, the Executive Committee at the appropriate level shall appoint another person from the area or zone where the officer originated from, pending the conduct of election to fill the vacancy.”

It should be noted that Adamu Muazu(Bauchi) assumed the position of PDP Chairman on January 20, 2014 to complete the tenure of the North-East after the resignation of Alhaji Bamanga Tukur(Adamawa) on January 14, 2014 ie just six days after exit of Tukur. In 2008 when the position was zoned to South-East, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor was elected. Upon his early exit in 2010 he was replaced by fellow Igboman Dr. Okwesileze Nwodo. In year 2014, the Enugu state Chairman of PDP Mr Ikeje Asogwa was appointed days after the premature exit of Engr. Abba because he's from same zone as Abba. We should also recall that Col Ahmadu Ali(Kogi) succeeded Audu Ogbeh(Benue) as National Chairman in 2005 to complete the tenure of Ogbeh/North central. Similarly, Ogbeh had previously succeeded Barnabas Gemade in 2001(both Benue and NC).

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by mirabel001(f): 8:21am On Jan 28, 2016
pdp(ppl deceiving ppl) is a party of confunists....no direction, no leadership, no plan, no future,,.....Always living on a past glory....
Tnx 2 SS & SE, coz if nt these regions, pdp would hav been a history by now.....
All i c in pdp is corruption

1 Like

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by phemmie06(m): 8:21am On Jan 28, 2016
So people still fight on dead horse

1 Like

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by Ahmed0336(m): 8:21am On Jan 28, 2016
Wetin kosin me with who leads PDP? PDP is dead and buried since 05/15.
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by emamos: 8:25am On Jan 28, 2016
Ok
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by Sparrow13: 8:25am On Jan 28, 2016
A house that divides against itself shall surely crumble
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by vedaxcool(m): 8:26am On Jan 28, 2016
The moment PDP lost the honey pot the centre could no longer hold, it is not a party binded for their love of Nigeria but for their lust for corruption. They should use the time to have a serious rethink about why they exist!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by emamos: 8:26am On Jan 28, 2016
It is well
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 28, 2016
grin brother Paul.. Or barcanista you have started this your epistles again? They never bring you yams o....

1 Like

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by arewafederation: 8:26am On Jan 28, 2016
Only useless men like Ahmed Gulak deserve the chairmanship of PDP.... So fire on.

1 Like

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:27am On Jan 28, 2016
phemmie06:
So people still fight on dead horse
What is a dead horse?
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by emamos: 8:28am On Jan 28, 2016
vedaxcool:
The moment PDP lost the honey pot the centre could no longer hold, it is not a party binded for their love of Nigeria but for their lust for corruption. They should use the time to have a serious rethink about why they exist!

1 Like

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by emamos: 8:30am On Jan 28, 2016
mirabel001:
pdp(ppl deceiving ppl) is a party of confunists....no direction, no leadership, no plan, no future,,.....Always living on a past glory....
Tnx 2 SS & SE, coz if nt these regions, pdp would hav been a history by now.....
All i c in pdp is corruption
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by emamos: 8:33am On Jan 28, 2016
lalasticlala,obinoscopy,Mynd44. Tonyebarcanista don come again o
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by Djicemob: 8:34am On Jan 28, 2016
This OP gan sef grin

1 Like

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by Eyepencil: 8:37am On Jan 28, 2016

Protection seeker with his useless rants again.

What concern IPOB and Nnamdi kanu with PDP?

Mumu!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:37am On Jan 28, 2016
vedaxcool:
PDP is in its trying period. The problem after election was leadership that even got some patriots like Ayedee and myself( grin) to sit on the fence. But with the new leadership, I'm optimistic that will change.

Cc: Engineerboat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by modath(f): 8:38am On Jan 28, 2016
Gives one warm feelings that PDP will be under the control of a "kunu drinker"... cheesy

What a cruel irony.. grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by omolola15(m): 8:39am On Jan 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

PDP is in its trying period. The problem after election was leadership that even got some patriots like Ayedee and myself( grin) to sit on the fence. But with the new leadership, I'm optimistic that will change.

Kukuma jump fence na.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:40am On Jan 28, 2016
arewafederation:
Only useless men like Ahmed Gulak deserve the chairmanship of PDP.... So fire on.
Wetin make Gulak de useless?
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by erunz(m): 8:42am On Jan 28, 2016
Barca my guy, you might be right. but link IPOB to PDP is wrong because no one in PDP have supported their activities. Besides PDP condemned it openly and even ban some of their activities, in PDP states.

1 Like

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:42am On Jan 28, 2016
modath:

Gives one warm feelings that PDP will be under the control of a "kunu drinker"... cheesy

What a cruel irony.. grin cheesy
Is the "kunu drinker" a Nigerian? If Yes, he should carry-Goooo grin
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by ZeezaRapture(m): 8:43am On Jan 28, 2016
J
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by Progressive01(m): 8:44am On Jan 28, 2016
The soul of the party moved from the hands of the people to those of corrupt and greedy men that empower foot soldiers to constantly offend people of non-SS/SE extraction, and non sympathisers of Kanu-secessionist IPOD movement.

These people made PDP appear like a party of only Nnamdi Kanu IPOD sympathisers (opposition to this group was seen as anti-PDP by these people). In fact, the party's image became so battered that it shamelessly came to open defence of those standing trials for corruption, a position it has. NEVER taken before now.
I don't normally comment on the op's threads (got my reasons), but on these lines, lemme just say- "spreads mat, grabs popcorn and zobo". grin

They'd descend hard on this nuccur- I mean REALLY HARD!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by Eshinwaju: 8:48am On Jan 28, 2016
Hmmm....some very valid points have been made..... cheesy.....Nigeria needs a strong and valid opposition with real seriousness...hence the reason why the OP position must be appreciated.
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by Mynd44: 8:50am On Jan 28, 2016
You people dont see it coming. It should not take a seer to see that a lot of highly placed elected officials want to dump the PDP for other parties but are being held by the Constitution which says they can't decamp without losing their position except the party is fractionalised.

This is the initial plot towards dividing the party into fractions which will give those who want to decamp a legal backing to decamp.

Look at people like Governor Ayade or do you really believe Senator Kashamu is not nursing the idea of leaving the PDP?

1 Like

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:58am On Jan 28, 2016
erunz:
Barca my guy, you might be right. but link IPOB to PDP is wrong because no one in PDP have supported their activities. Besides PDP condemned it openly and even ban some of their activities, in PDP states.
PDP as a party under Secondus did not condemn IPOB activities. It was individual Governors that did so. In fact, I stated that "The soul of the party moved from the hands of the people to those of corrupt and greedy men, men that empowers foot-soldiers that constantly offend people of non-SS/SE extraction and non-sympathisers of Kanu-secessionist IPOB movement" which I believe is correct. I make bold to state that the campaign of calumny by these people against my person and others not sympathetic to their cause started immediately I made public my view on the issue. I won't go deep!

1 Like

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:08am On Jan 28, 2016
Mynd44:
You people dont see it coming. It should not take a seer to see that a lot of highly placed elected officials want to dump the PDP for other parties but are being held by the Constitution which says they can't decamp without losing their position except the party is fractionalised.

This is the initial plot towards dividing the party into fractions which will give those who want to decamp a legal backing to decamp.

Look at people like Governor Ayade or do you really believe Senator Kashamu is not nursing the idea of leaving the PDP?
The party isn't factionalised. It is a very straightforward thing!
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by modath(f): 9:09am On Jan 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Ayedee is who you are claiming as a fellow patriot? Ayedee undecided undecided!! Really

2 Likes

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:11am On Jan 28, 2016
angels09:
grin brother Paul.. Or barcanista you have started this your epistles again? They never bring you yams o....
Man shall not live by yam alone angry
Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by sayyid(m): 9:13am On Jan 28, 2016
PDP shld retrace their steps, make new reforms so as to become a strong opposition party. With dis APC will always b careful of wateva dey do.

1 Like

Re: Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:14am On Jan 28, 2016
modath:

Ayedee is who you are claiming as a fellow patriot? Ayedee undecided undecided!! Really
Ayedee has been patriotic and responsible in his position on issues since May 29. 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Bursts Another PMB Propaganda On Twitter (PICS) / Before You Say You Want Atiku Abubakar To Be Your President Read This. / Wike Mocks Amaechi Over Anti Buhari Leaked Tapes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.