Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,944 members, 7,973,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:11 PM

Happy Birthday To Adekunle Gold - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Happy Birthday To Adekunle Gold (838 Views)

See What Some Photo-shoppers Did To Adekunle Gold In These Photos (here) / Who Did This To Adekunle Gold? (photo) / How Olamide Show No Appreciation To Adekunle Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Birthday To Adekunle Gold by amzee(m): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2016
Send your birthday shoutouts to him.

Adekunle Kosoko, popularly known by his stage name Adekunle Gold, is a Nigerian
singer, songwriter and graphic designer.

He describes his genre of music as
urban highlife. His 2014 single "Sade" received massive airplays on various Nigerian radio stations.

His follow-up single, titled "Orente", also received positive reviews from music critics and consumers.In 2015, he was
nominated in the Most Promising Act of the Year category at the 2015 City People Entertainment Awards, and was also nominated in the "Best Alternative Song"
category at The Headies 2015 for his song titled "Sade".[3][4] He is currently signed to YBNL Nation.

Early life and education

Adekunle was born into a royal family in Lagos State, Nigeria. He holds a Higher National Diploma in Arts and Design after graduating from Lagos State Polytechnic.

Career

Early beginning

While growing up, Adekunle developed interest in music while listening to songs by King Sunny Ade and Ebenezer Obey. As a teen, he joined as a member of the
junior church choir he was attending and went on to write his first song at the age of 15.

2010–2014

In 2014, Adekunle went solo after he disbanded a music group he formed with a friend while in school. Adekunle Gold was dubbed "King of Photoshop" after posting an edited Photoshop image of
him hugging Tiwa Savage.On 19
December 2014, he released a cover of One Direction's "Story of My Life" titled "Sade" which rose to critical acclaim and went on to be nominated at the 2015 edition of The Headies.

2015–present

After the release of "Sade", Adekunle released his first official single titled "Orente" through YBNL Nation after signing a music contract with the record label on March 5, 2015.He was nominated in the Most Promising Act of the Year category at the 2015 City People Entertainment Awards.

Discography

Selected singles

"Sade" (2014)

"Orente" (2015)

"Pick Up" (2015).
Re: Happy Birthday To Adekunle Gold by xreal: 9:30am On Jan 28, 2016
HBD, hope your are now driving your Range.
Re: Happy Birthday To Adekunle Gold by Mhizkel(f): 9:37am On Jan 28, 2016
xreal:
HBD, hope your are now driving your Range.
I heard it's Bentley grin

Happy Birthday to him. kiss
Re: Happy Birthday To Adekunle Gold by harjayi(m): 9:41am On Jan 28, 2016
HBD
CHECK MY SIGNATURE, ITS FOR REAL
Re: Happy Birthday To Adekunle Gold by Kjking(m): 9:42am On Jan 28, 2016
hbd
Re: Happy Birthday To Adekunle Gold by NobleAngell(f): 9:42am On Jan 28, 2016
Hbd
Re: Happy Birthday To Adekunle Gold by Kustin(m): 10:49am On Jan 28, 2016
Wu z adekunle gold?. We dnt knw im here in toronto
Re: Happy Birthday To Adekunle Gold by cruzita(f): 11:43am On Jan 28, 2016
HBD TO MY HONEY BUNCH .LOVE U PLENTY
Re: Happy Birthday To Adekunle Gold by amzee(m): 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
cruzita:
HBD TO MY HONEY BUNCH .LOVE U PLENTY

I refused to be jealous....

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Wizkid Has A Third Baby Mama (photo) / Toyin Aimakhu Shares Photo Of Her New Love, Seun Egbegbe / Lilian Franklin Tried Her Best To Hide Her Baby Bump ,but It Was Bursting Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.