Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,006 members, 7,880,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:14 PM

Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? (3690 Views)

Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? / Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? / Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by bawomolo(m): 4:35am On Jul 06, 2009
why work when you can collect tithes like the levites.

In the case of Nigerian pastors, gifts from the mumu trying to pass WAEC, the man trying to becoming a LG chairman etc.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2009
Bawomolo,are you sure? Pls explain more
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by jagunlabi(m): 1:36pm On Jul 06, 2009
What is there to explain.The content of his post is as clear as day.Or else you are in denial.
segyemaro:

Bawomolo,are you sure? Pls explain more
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
That they dont need to work while there is tithe for them,who told him that tithe collection is legal, collection of tithe is a day ROBBERY, there is no place in the bible supporting it. So they better look for a job and do pastoring on part time basis, after all the disciples had their jobs.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by ogajim(m): 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Perhaps a related question would be 'Why do Africans give so much deference to Authority?'. This is true whether it is to the authority of Elders, or the authority of office. Is it possible for African to ever have a revolution? Or has the ability to challenge authority been thoroughly beaten out of us by the time we are 5 years old.

I remember going to dinner with an oyinbo friend and my dad and my friend was shocked that I never stood up to my Dad or even properly expressed my feelings to him. He then went and told some of my other friends about the evening. All my 9ja friends just laughed and said that they understood where I was coming from.

When the early European explorers described the AFrican psyche as child like were they just being racist or were they making a valid observation. The 'Yes sir' mentality. Or as Fela put it, the 'Meee sir' mentality.

Them go say meeeee sir
meee meee meee like goat
Them go say meeeee sir.

The bad part of the whole thing is that "pastors" and politicians are using the same tactics on our people both at home and in diaspora. We have to reject that kind of zombie life and start going after these pimps that come in all shapes and forms.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by bawomolo(m): 6:51pm On Jul 06, 2009
segyemaro:

That they dont need to work while there is tithe for them,who told him that tithe collection is legal, collection of tithe is a day ROBBERY, there is no place in the bible supporting it. So they better look for a job and do pastoring on part time basis, after all the disciples had their jobs.

but who needs a side hustle when your current job is extremely profitable? poor people are a gold mine for prosperity preaching pastors.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by jagunlabi(m): 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2009
bawomolo:

but who needs a side hustle when your current job is extremely profitable? poor people are a gold mine for prosperity preaching pastors.
Talk about the art of squeezing water out of stones.These pastors have perfected such art.They truly deserve to get paid.No be easy skill,bro!
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by KunleOshob(m): 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2009
jagunlabi:

Talk about the art of squeezing water out of stones.These pastors have perfected such art.They truly deserve to get paid.No be easy skill,bro!

There is no skill involved itis just plain old psycology/ manipulation using the fear and love for God by people to extort money from them. And the real problem is that my African brethen are just to lazy to read and understand the bible for themselves they would rather a pastor interpretes it to them forgetting that the pastor is a biased person as far as scriptures is concerned.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 9:38am On Jul 07, 2009
Also they depend on pastors for everything,its like they are hipnotised.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by jagunlabi(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2009
"It's like" or they are really and truly hipnotized?Nigerians seem to be in a permanent state of alpha consciousness,leaving them wide open for extortion.And boy,do they love being extorted.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2009
Waiting for answers
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by horse703: 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2009
sedgemaro i totally agree with u on this issue cos the same thing is goin on in ghana here. but can u please explain to me y most of the nigerian pastors are flocking to ghana to now set up churches?. please note that nothing that is ever done can discredit christianity there might a lot of falsehood goin on but it does not mean christianity is false. if u wnt th truth u wil find it
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 9:32am On Jul 08, 2009
We are getting wiser in nigeria daily and these so called pastors have exhausted all their tricks ane lies thats why they are shifting base to a neutral ground were nothing is known about them. We all need to be close to our bibles,if this is done,none of these guys can brainwashed anyone.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2009
So horse707,wake up and be close to your bible,chew the words and assimilate on them
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by bawomolo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 08, 2009
jagunlabi:

true talk grin
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2009
Bawomolo,must pastors get paid before they can preach salvation to people?
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by posakosa(m): 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2009
Many Pastors rely on tithes/offerings,

others write books, some people are just lazy.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by cicero(m): 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2009
What pastors have been called to do is enough work already.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by posakosa(m): 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2009
bawomolo:

why work when you can collect tithes like the levites.

In the case of Nigerian pastors, gifts from the mumu trying to pass WAEC, the man trying to becoming a LG chairman etc.

LMAO! Some funny shyt. grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 11:00am On Jul 10, 2009
Cicero,do you call that a full time work?
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by marvisken: 9:58am On Jul 13, 2009
they wont want to work cos,tithe and offerings are easy money from members after brain washing.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by Nezan(m): 10:00am On Jul 13, 2009
Preaching is supposed to be a full-time job.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2009
Are you sure nezan?
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by realpastor: 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2009
yes they are soppose to work,i work and at the same time pastoring too.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by minniepoe(f): 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2009
@poster

A point of correction not all RCCG pastors work. Some of them are into full time ministry as well.

I know this because i know RCCG pastors that do not work and are full time pastors.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by nicemum: 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2009
All worshippers of God - pastors or not should work - jesus did and so did his disciples - fishers, carpenters etc. Any pastors that is not work is not doing the work of Jehovah, they are free loaders. they should be leading the congregation by example not expecting the congregation to feed them. so check your churches so that you are not misled. the work of God is not a job, it is an assignment to them if they think so and so should not burden the congregation. OLE
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2009
Minniepoe,RCCG Pastors works,the ones among them that doesnt work is not up to 40%. And i agreed with the last contributor, pastoring should not be a full time job.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by marvisjoy: 1:20pm On Jan 20, 2010
Lets come to think of it is it written in the bible that pastoring must be a full time job?
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by KunleOshob(m): 2:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
marvis joy:

Lets come to think of it is it written in the bible that pastoring must be a full time job?

Abi oh after all the founding fathers of christianity [the apostles] used to work and they stated it clearly in the bible that it should be an example to other ministers and christians.

Acts 20:33-35:

33 “I have never coveted anyone’s silver or gold or fine clothes. 34 You know that these hands of mine have worked to supply my own needs and even the needs of those who were with me. 35 And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Acts 20:33-35:

33 “I [Paul]have never coveted anyone’s silver or gold or fine clothes. 34 You know that these hands of mine have worked to supply my own needs and even the needs of those who were with me. 35 And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

2 Thessalonians 3:6-9:
6 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we give you this command in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ: Stay away from all believers[a] who live idle lives and don’t follow the tradition they received from us. 7 For you know that you ought to imitate us. We were not idle when we were with you. 8 We never accepted food from anyone without paying for it. We worked hard day and night so we would not be a burden to any of you
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 7:20pm On Jan 20, 2010
Some pastor would not want to work just because of sundays collection. A man that has been searching for job for the past 3yrs just opened a wooden built church just about 4 houses to mine, he is telling people that he was called by God.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 20, 2010
We need 2b distinctive as not to commit errors.Levites are not supposed to work as said by God.We can liken levites as full time workers of God/full time pastors.Rem peter left fishing following Jesus&Jesus left carpentering to work for God.I dnt think theres any portion in d bible dat stated how d disciples/Jesus did any part time Job apart from work of ministry&moving from place to place teaching&preaching
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2010
@toba,you amazes me,who amongst those you mentioned droped their occupation to work with God collected tithes and offerings from people including Jesus Christ. Lets look at d feeding of the 5000 crowd,the bible says Jesus was moved with compassion after much teachings,he decided to feed d crowd. But if it was this our mordern day pastors that would be an opportunity to collect six different types of offering,and mandatory buying of handkerchieves and olive oil. So they should work and see that money not just come easy like offerings.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

True Story- Muslim Sees Jesus In Toronto-canada / Why Can't A Pope Buy A Private Jet / What Exactly Is Speaking In Tongues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.