Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,272 members, 7,923,292 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 10:39 PM

Pls Ur Advice Is Needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Ur Advice Is Needed (310 Views)

I Should Have Served As Corper But For Reasons I Couldn't, I Need Ur Advice. / Pls Ur Best Opinion On This... / PLZ I NEED UR ADVICE. FUTO OR UNIZIK? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Adebaba1(m): 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
I am a final year student of petroleum and gas engineering unilag. I have a problem of registering my courses online because of some new procedures, the new procedure involves you passing a course that is a prequisite to another course which means you have to pass a course before you can do the other course. I have 3 outstanding(carryover) courses that are all prerequisite to one another that means I Av to pass one this first semester then do the other next first semester but the problem is that all the outstanding are all in first semester.
I have spoken with my course advise she asked me to meet my hod, I went to meet the hod who said there is nothing he can do that its the new university policy whereas the lecture in charge with course reg issue said all he needs is the hod approval but hod is really adamant. I have gone to meet people to beg him but he wouldn't give his approval. I feel so sad as my aim to serve in the batch B group is being tarnished.
Pls what can I do?
*I am not the only one with this issue we are 7 in number
Re: Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Sanchez01: 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
It would be unfair to sound like your HOD is responsible for "not making you progress". Pre-requisites courses are what they are; you cannot go further if you don't pass their basics. The lecturer asking you to meet your HOD is only trying to get you into trouble. He/she knows no Jupiter can give you the grace to write the second semester courses without their pre-requisites, which you claimed you carried over.

Your HOD cannot help you. In short, nobody can. Why? It was laid out from the beginning before you registered the courses that they were pre-requisites. If it was just some core courses or restricted electives, then it would have been quite easier to see through. But pre-requisites? Impossible. Not in Federal schools.

The only way out is if you 'beg' your way through just so you could have your scores from those three courses upgraded from "Fs" to "E". But then again, you know its effect on your CGPA could destroy a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Check This Out, It Is True? / For Your Comprehensive Project Topics And Materials In Economics And Statistics / For Your Project Topics And Materials On ECONOMICS AND STATISTICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.