Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,188 members, 7,890,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:39 AM

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna - Agriculture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna (151264 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / My Little Ginger Sack Farm In The South East / Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by knostbrown01(m): 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
what type of water fertilizer can be apply to cucumber @vanpeele
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
knostbrown01:
what type of water fertilizer can be apply to cucumber @vanpeele

The one's made for all crops or vegetables
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by tabontabon: 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
Why Is Chicken Manure Not Good/usable?Pls Give Reasons.
vanpeele:

@plonuh Get a sack, pour in suitable soil mixed with cow manure (NEVER USE CHICKEN MANURE) and plant any crop you like.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 2:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
tabontabon:
Why Is Chicken Manure Not Good/usable?Pls Give Reasons.

Because it didn't work for me but mimmmms says it worked for her....so contact her
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by tabontabon: 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
I Guess You Applied The Chicken Manure In Its Wet Form,it Generates A Lot Of Heat While Decomposing .Its Better To Spread & Let It Dry In The Sun So It Releases Its Heat Before Mixing It With The Soil.
vanpeele:

Because it didn't work for me but mimmms says it worked for her....so contact her
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 3:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
tabontabon:
I Guess You Applied The Chicken Manure In Its Wet Form,it Generates A Lot Of Heat While Decomposing .Its Better To Spread & Let It Dry In The Sun So It Releases Its Heat Before Mixing It With The Soil.

It was very dry....for 8 months
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by tabontabon: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ok, Guess You Are Not Lucky With It.
Please Does Cucumber And Water Melon Need Staking?What Precautions Are Necessary When Harvesting?What Type Of Sack Do You Use For Selling And What Is The Average Size/number Of Cucumber Per Sack?
vanpeele:

It was very dry....for 8 months
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 5:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
tabontabon:
Ok, Guess You Are Not Lucky With It.
Please Does Cucumber And Water Melon Need Staking?What Precautions Are Necessary When Harvesting?What Type Of Sack Do You Use For Selling And What Is The Average Size/number Of Cucumber Per Sack?

1. Not really but Google will answer better.
2. from my experience not really
3. chicken feed sack
4. Depends on size 150-250
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Yescogreen: 6:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
When I become President, I will prioritize giving people like you big loans to invest in Agriculture.[/quote]
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
Yescogreen:

When I become President, I will prioritize giving people like you big loans to invest in Agriculture.

Thanks but we don't need loan but grants. Don't fancy paying anyone interest....even 1%

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by knostbrown01(m): 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2016
vanpeele:

The one's made for all crops or vegetables
for vegetables bro
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
knostbrown01:

for vegetables bro
From Ishaqteejay
Maxi force
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by knostbrown01(m): 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
vanpeele:

From Ishaqteejay
Maxi force
Tanx bro, u r a good man
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Yescogreen: 8:29am On Apr 30, 2016
This is an innovative one, well done!
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 9:16am On Apr 30, 2016
Yescogreen:
This is an innovative one, well done!

Thanks
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 2:37pm On May 08, 2016
New project preview....Applying greenhouse techniques to open field

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Silvereze(m): 3:38pm On May 08, 2016
I like what you're doing, kudos. Meanwhile I am an agric student, studying crop science in UNIBEN. my blog is https://www.agribusinesscoach.com please check out my blog. I LOVE AGRIC
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 4:27pm On May 08, 2016
Silvereze:
I like what you're doing, kudos. Meanwhile I am an agric student, studying crop science in UNIBEN. my blog is www.naijafarmer..com please check out my blog. I LOVE AGRIC

Nice blog. Seems you focus mainly on livestock. In my opinion, poultry and fish aren't profitable except if the people buying after you've laboured buy it at a good price. Managing crops is easier. Regarding life, goats, sheep and cows are better. They're easier to manage (IMO) than fish and chicken.

More grease to you blog elbows.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by sheyi86: 7:43pm On May 08, 2016
vanpeele:
New project preview....Applying greenhouse techniques to open field
Gud evni sir, pls how many stands of cucumber can i have in one sack bag.thanks.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:49pm On May 08, 2016
sheyi86:
Gud evni sir, pls how many stands of cucumber can i have in one sack bag.thanks.

I planted 4 per sack. It shouldn't be more than that.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by FarmTech(m): 8:58pm On May 08, 2016
vickychuk:
Pls op what size in gram was ur murano pack of 5k+ (ie was it the 450gram pack or the 150gram pack?
Does anyone in the house know any agro seed dealer in anambra?
Thank you
In anambra, go to ADP office in awka. it is opp kwarter junctn. I bought 10g premier cucumber seed there. cost N270.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by FarmTech(m): 9:02pm On May 08, 2016
vanpeele:

Nice blog. Seems you focus mainly on livestock. In my opinion, poultry and fish aren't profitable except if the people buying after you've laboured buy it at a good price. Managing crops is easier. Regarding life, goats, sheep and cows are better. They're easier to manage (IMO) than fish and chicken.

More grease to you blog elbows.
That poultry and fish aren't profitable? I don't' agree oo.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vickychuk(m): 9:29pm On May 08, 2016
Was thinking of creating a thread for my cucumber sack farming experience but after much thought I decided to share it on here on the motivator's thread. Hope I'm welcome Oga vanpeele ?

Most of the requirements for the farm are in place but due to the murano scarcity I've decided to go for a heirloom cucumber variety... Though I know the murano may catch up to the super marketer variety I'm planting when they arrive.

Going to finish the bagging tomorrow and sow the seeds. Then cutting bamboo for the trellis on Tuesday.

I love the concept of sack farming because of its numerous benefits as listed by the OP but I think the greatest of all the benefits is growing so much on so little space. I'll ake a rough measurement of the area I'm planting 1000 crops so as to let you guys understand this more.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 10:22pm On May 08, 2016
FarmTech:
.. That poultry and fish aren't profitable? I don't' agree oo.
After the word profitable, there's an except.
And it's an opinion...which can be disproved...
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 10:47pm On May 08, 2016
vickychuk:
Was thinking of creating a thread for my cucumber sack farming experience but after much thought I decided to share it on here on the motivator's thread. Hope I'm welcome Oga vanpeele ?

Most of the requirements for the farm are in place but due to the murano scarcity I've decided to go for a heirloom cucumber variety... Though I know the murano may catch up to the super marketer variety I'm planting when they arrive.

Going to finish the bagging tomorrow and sow the seeds. Then cutting bamboo for the trellis on Tuesday.

I love the concept of sack farming because of its numerous benefits as listed by the OP but I think the greatest of all the benefits is growing so much on so little space. I'll ake a rough measurement of the area I'm planting 1000 crops so as to let you guys understand this more.

It'll be an honour and my pleasure if you place your progress here.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vickychuk(m): 11:49pm On May 08, 2016
FarmTech:

In anambra, go to ADP office in awka. it is opp kwarter junctn. I bought 10g premier cucumber seed there. cost N270.
Thanks but I already bought some Griffaton France super marketer seeds..... Do they sell other vegetables' seed and farm inputs ? what are the expected attributes of the premium seeds(i.e is it a hybrid) ?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by bozz007(m): 12:47pm On May 09, 2016
Pataricatering:
You can even save more space if you erect something like wooden shelves and stack the sacks up vertically. Just a thought.

this is very funny
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vickychuk(m): 12:18am On May 10, 2016
bozz007:

this is very funny
Funny? It's doable.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vickychuk(m): 12:30am On May 10, 2016
cucumber seeds

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vickychuk(m): 12:35am On May 10, 2016
NPK fertilizer to be used

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vickychuk(m): 7:50am On May 10, 2016
I was able to fill the remaining 70 bags yesterday so I have 170 bags for starts. Will add more if I can get the murano seeds. So for now the farm has 680 plants excluding the ones I planted on the ground.Luckily for me it rained yesterday after planting though I watered lightly after sowing. I'll go check on them by Saturday and replant were necessary .Lots of pictures coming up if network allows.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:56am On May 10, 2016
vickychuk:
I was able to fill the remaining 70 bags yesterday so I have 170 bags for starts. Will add more if I can get the murano seeds. So for now the farm has 680 plants excluding the ones I planted on the ground.Luckily for me it rained yesterday after planting though I watered lightly after sowing. I'll go check on them by Saturday and replant were necessary .Lots of pictures coming up if network allows.

Kudos to your efforts. From my experience with super marketer, it doesn't like morning dew or water on its leaves. It dries them out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.