Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,262 members, 7,887,758 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

New Electricity Tariffs Take Effect On Monday Feb 1 – NERC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Electricity Tariffs Take Effect On Monday Feb 1 – NERC (721 Views)

New Electricity Tariff: Buhari May Face 1st Labour Showdown As NLC,TUC Spit Fire / NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff / Electricity Tariffs To Be Raised Upon Power Stability—buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Electricity Tariffs Take Effect On Monday Feb 1 – NERC by ForcefullBULL: 9:46am On Jan 29, 2016
The new tariffs approved for electricity consumers across the country will become effective on Monday and will enable the power distribution, generation and transmission companies to acquire needed infrastructure, the acting Chairman of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, Dr. Anthony Akah, has said.

Akah, who said this when he led top executives of the regulatory agency on a courtesy call on the National Orientation Agency in Abuja on Thursday, also said there was no going back on the new tariffs.

The NERC boss said the lack of cost-reflective tariffs had hindered the electricity companies from acquiring the necessary infrastructure, adding that with the new tariffs, they would not have any excuse for not delivering on agreements they entered into with the government.

He said the Nigerian power sector reform must provide an appropriate pricing template, which had been lacking, leading to deficiency in revenues from power.

This, he added, necessitated the new Multi-Year Tariff Order to enable the generating, transmission and distribution companies to provide the needed infrastructure for higher generation and supply of electricity to meet the needs of consumers.

Akah said under the new MYTO, all premises must be metered and consumers who subscribe to specific metering models must be supplied meters within 60 days after which they would not be disconnected or charged on estimation if a meter was not supplied.

He also said that a Power Consumer Assistance Fund had been put in place to cater for the electricity needs of the less-privileged in the country, adding that the visit was part of the establishment of a coordinated approach to creating public awareness ahead of the February 1 implementation date of the new MYTO.
http://www.punchng.com/new-electricity-tariffs-take-effect-on-monday-nerc/

Re: New Electricity Tariffs Take Effect On Monday Feb 1 – NERC by Destined2win: 9:47am On Jan 29, 2016
I desire a nation where I will be proud to tell my kids about because that nation is secured
I desire a nation where I will never worry about what to eat because there is abundance in the land
I desire a nation where there is peace in all the borders and resultant development
I desire a nation where those at the helm of affairs do all they do out of love for her citizenry

I desire that nation, that nation I will get!

Do you desire that nation?

Then pray for my presidency!

When I become President, all nations will see and yearn to be like our nation.

So Help Me God!
Re: New Electricity Tariffs Take Effect On Monday Feb 1 – NERC by Miracle4Sure: 9:58am On Jan 29, 2016
Naija 4 real........okiez Ooooo
Re: New Electricity Tariffs Take Effect On Monday Feb 1 – NERC by nnachukz(m): 10:01am On Jan 29, 2016
Another Buhari in the making posted something a step above me. Just like buhari, he won't pray for the present administration to be successful but would want others to rather pray for him to be the president promising heaven on earth only if he becomes the president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Electricity Tariffs Take Effect On Monday Feb 1 – NERC by dustmalik: 10:02am On Jan 29, 2016
Re: New Electricity Tariffs Take Effect On Monday Feb 1 – NERC by nnachukz(m): 10:09am On Jan 29, 2016
For now, I don't know the full detail of the new tarrif. So I will wait and see how it goes before commenting in support or against it.
Re: New Electricity Tariffs Take Effect On Monday Feb 1 – NERC by chudionu58(f): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2016
I heard EEDC customers will. be payin N27 per KwH from 16.44.....*unverified info*
Re: New Electricity Tariffs Take Effect On Monday Feb 1 – NERC by yimikaa: 10:44am On Jan 29, 2016
ForcefullBULL:

Akah said under the new MYTO, all premises must be metered and consumers who subscribe to specific metering models must be supplied meters within 60 days after which they would not be disconnected or charged on estimation if a meter was not supplied.

IEDC hope you can see. 60days pere ni oo

(1) (Reply)

N66.1bn Target For Stamp Duties — Economist / UK: Will The Judiciary Apply Law Or Conform To Buhari Wishes? / Budget 2016; Is FG Not Being Wasteful? PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.