Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,052 members, 7,966,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 05:36 AM

I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan (792 Views)

Aftermath Of A Fierce Battle With Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest. Graphic Photos / Boko Haram: Goodluck Jonathan Replies Buhari / We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by Blacksodje(m): 7:19am On Jan 30, 2016
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has denied
entering into any peace deal with the Boko Haram
sect.
In an interview with Quartz, a news website, on the
sidelines of his recent press conference at Geneva,
Switzerland, Jonathan said his government did not
set up any negotiating team.
“I did not negotiate with Boko Haram. The
government never set up a team,” Quartz quoted
him as saying.
Back then, top government officials including
Reuben Abati, Jonathan’s spokesman and Hassan
Tukur, principal private secretary of the former
president, confirmed the phantom peace deal.
Tukur had told the Voice of America that the
government was meeting with Danladi Ahmadu,
Boko Haram’s representative, and high-level
officials from Chad and Cameroon.
Subsequently, Abati buttressed Tukur’s statement
by saying he was optimistic that the talks would
produce “concrete and positive”.
But Abubakar Shekau, leader of the
group, embarrassed the immediate past
government in a video, which he released weeks
after the sect staged several attacks, which
contradicted the terms of the said peace pact.
“We have not made ceasefire with anyone. We did
not negotiate with anyone… It’s a lie. It’s a lie. We
will not negotiate. What is our business with
negotiation? Allah said we should not,” Shekau had
said.
Jonathan also denied the allegations of corruption
against his government, saying he knows that “one
day the truth will come out”.
“Sometimes people think that I was president since
the independence (of Nigeria) and not for five
years. Sometimes they say that we have lost over
$150 billion in funds in the five years that I was
president,” he said.
Making reference to allegations of missing money
made by Sanusi Lamido, former Central Bank
governor, Jonathan said: “Because of politics, some
people come up with more money and say that
$49.8 billion were missing within 18 months.
“The same person who raised the issue, within two
days said the money was $12 billion, and the two
days later said it was $20 billion.
“Regarding the $9 billion, the truth will come out.”

https://www.thecable.ng/jonathan-i-did-not-negotiate-with-bharam

cc: mynd44, lalasticlala, seun
Re: I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 30, 2016
One thing am very glad about is the fact that the Ineffectual buffoon has started opening his mouth. Very soon, the buffoon will start implicating himself.

He claims there was no peace deal, not even a dialogue with boko haram, yet his aide reuben abati said otherwise. With all the embarrassment that issue brought his administration, the buffoon didn't see it fit to sack anyone, not even abati.

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/3345401_img20160129073906_jpega2853da92d007e71b583c32fab56aef5[/img]
Re: I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by Mologi(m): 7:20am On Jan 30, 2016
Are u serious?
Re: I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by modath(f): 7:22am On Jan 30, 2016
This clueless hero sef! undecided

We know you didn't negotiate with BH, rather you gave them wings to fly by starving the NA of needed warfare equipments, making multi billionaires of your aides & cronies & also staging a ruse of a fund raiser in order to divert funds for arms to your yeye campaign!

People who hero worship this Jona should be neutered..... someone who was governor, VP & President & couldn't transform ordinary Otuoke not to talk of Bayelsa!!

Abeg, make e shift jare...

& Reuben Abati too shud use hand take cover hin face, pottage made that one too lose hin conscience & sense of decency.
Re: I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by KINGwax007(m): 7:29am On Jan 30, 2016
Yea, u're right! U didn't negotiate with them because the first time u tried to do it, they ripped u off big time like the mumu wey u be!

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by shakamarh: 7:31am On Jan 30, 2016
Hmm All This Politicians Changing Mouth Every Day
Re: I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 30, 2016
Thank Satan TonyeBarcanista did not deceive me to vote for this man. His loss was our goodluck.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:38am On Jan 30, 2016
I'm more interested in your role in the $2.2billion Sir as alleged by Metuh and Dasuki! angry

This one na story for another day
Re: I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 30, 2016
Ineffectual buffon..... Thief Jonathan
Re: I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm more interested in your role in the $2.2billion Sir as alleged by Metuh and Dasuki! angry
Not that I support NOI, but she 'tries' to respond to allegations regarding her tenure as 'Thief' Minister of the Economy. GEJ just dey waka upandan like goat wey belle dey turn am.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by EdCure: 7:49am On Jan 30, 2016
Who negotiated the failed cease fire?
Was he not alive when his aides were claiming to have negotiated a cease fire with the terrorists? How did he handle the matter?

This man is really an ineffectual buffoon.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 7:55am On Jan 30, 2016
Oh yeah. Like we didn't read the news where you (Jonathan) and your cohorts came out and said you've read and signed a peace agreement with Boko Haram, so much so that you even paraded a Danladi Ahmadu was a spokesperson for the so called Boko Haram.

Oga Jona, abeg stop to dey lie, Naija peeps no say na lie you sabi lie that's why dem vote you comot.
Re: I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan by GodpunishBuhari: 8:37am On Jan 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

This one na story for another day

All this ya camouflage tryna for neutra won't help you. You campaigned for this now you claim you being a lover of Nigeria Abeg #swerve

Say no to unstable minds

(1) (Reply)

See Photos Of HE Nyesom Wike In Church Today For His Thanksgiving Service. / Florence Ita-giwa Secrets Revealed / See What A Father Did To His Son For Stealing His N100(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.