Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,288 members, 7,947,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 05:47 PM

Angelique Kerber Stuns Serena Williams To Win First Grand Slam Title. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Angelique Kerber Stuns Serena Williams To Win First Grand Slam Title. (426 Views)

Serena Williams Cries After Losing Wimbledon Final To Angelique Kerber (Photos) / Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" / Serena Beats Venus To Win Record 23rd Slam Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angelique Kerber Stuns Serena Williams To Win First Grand Slam Title. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
Angelique Kerber became the first German to win a Grand Slam title since her childhood idol Steffi Graf in 1999 when she upset world number one Serena Williams 6-4 3-6 6-4 to clinch the Australian Open on Saturday.

The 34-year-old American had been seeking her seventh Melbourne Park title and 22nd overall, which would have moved her into a tie with Graf for the most Grand Slam singles titles in the Open era.

The seventh seeded Kerber, however, was not overawed by the occasion of her first Grand Slam final, breaking twice in the first set to take it in 39 minutes as Williams made 23 unforced errors.

Williams cut down on the errors to send it into a third, which Kerber, who had the opportunity to serve it out while leading 5-3 only for the American to battle back, clinched when Williams hit a volley long in the following game.

visit www.mydearestcynthia. for 24 hours updated news and trends, we are the first to post it, other sites copy us.

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kerber Stuns Serena Williams To Win First Grand Slam Title. by daveP(m): 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2016
(in Francis Odega's look)Fefuphew!!!!

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kerber Stuns Serena Williams To Win First Grand Slam Title. by Okpueze1(m): 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
Am not happy @ all! I love everything about Serena!

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kerber Stuns Serena Williams To Win First Grand Slam Title. by rusher14: 12:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
Congratulations to Kerber.
Re: Angelique Kerber Stuns Serena Williams To Win First Grand Slam Title. by AngryNigerian(m): 1:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
OMG!!! I still can't stop crying for this loss after watching helplessly...ohhhh, See-see...my crush! How did this happen ee...anyway, ***still crying, then picks up one of these***

kiss kiss kiss kiss cry cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Sanchez Winner Gives Arsenal FA Cup 5th Round Passage / Wenger Said No Late Signings For Arsenal – Unless Messi Turns Up:discussion / Prediction Monday: 15/2/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.