Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,757 members, 7,912,106 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 09:17 PM

I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari (1113 Views)

We Will Remain Grateful To Abacha Family – Governor Dickson / Buhari: "I'm Grateful To Nigerians For Wishing Me Good Health" / Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by emamos: 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari was on a state visit to Kenya, on Wednesday, where he joined his host, Kenya's President Uhuru Kenyatta, at a memorial service in honour of Kenyan soldiers who were killed by Al-Shabaab in Somalia recently.
Delivering his speech at the event, President Buhari said that peace-loving nations of the world must now come together and deal with the threat posed to global security by terrorism with greater zeal and cohesion.
He also expressed gratitute to Kenyatta for inviting him and his team to Kenya, saying "I am grateful to learn from President Kenyatta because he is my senior in his position."
Read full text of President Buhari's speech
I thank President Uhuru Kenyatta and his team, first for inviting me and some of my Cabinet Ministers to come to Kenya.
We have gone over the initiatives taken from 2003 to last year and I assure you that the MoUs signed then and the other agreements have rapidly made progress.
We congratulate Kenya for discovering oil and gas – an area of great economic potential which Nigeria had the benefit of exploiting for over 50 years. We believe with indigenous technology, trained people from Nigeria will be able to help.
In other areas of the economy, we are going to benefit a lot from agriculture in Kenya. That is why the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development is part of my team here.
On the area of security, Nigeria has been very lucky in the sense that our immediate neighbours in the Lake Chad Basin Commission, that is Chad, Niger and Cameroon, are helping Nigeria to fight Boko Haram. We have been making progress and I believe Kenya has been making progress also with its neighbour Somalia.
On the continental side at the African Union level, we will discuss both security and economy this week in Ethiopia and try to build on the progress that has been made. And globally, since terrorism does not respect borders, does not respect cultures, does not respect ethnicity, it has become a global affair. So we have to do our best, in spite of the unfortunate demand it is making on the lean resources, to spend on security rather than social services like education, healthcare, water and infrastructure.
A lot of money has to be spent on defence because unless we secure the country, we cannot manage it.
I am grateful to learn from President Kenyatta because he is my senior in his position. I just became the President of my country recently. In terms of dealing with terrorists in the neighbouring Somalia, for the last 25 years you have been dealing with that problem. Boko Haram started in in early 90s but between 2009 and now, about 10,000 people have lost their lives not to mention the millions that have been displaced.
So in our meeting, we have exhaustively discussed security, the economy and even touched on corruption and how it destroys the system and morale of the nation state.
I thank you very much Mr. President for this invitation. I assure you that we will rapidly make progress from now onwards on the MoUs and agreements already entered especially on trade and security.
Thank you very much
lalasticlala,obinoscopy
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/im-grateful-to-learn-from-kenyatta-because-hes-my-senior-%E2%80%94president-buhari
Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by Trailblazer1(m): 5:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by emamos: 5:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
Good
Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by jane0000(f): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
God bless my president
God bless Nigeria.
Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
As a nigerian,i am also glad that u learn good thing.
Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by Vision4God: 6:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
Learning never stops.
Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by richidinho(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2016
learn ke?

in a related development

Iheanacho 3 - Aston villa 0

1 Like

Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2016
Senior?
Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
richidinho:
learn ke?

in a related development

Chuba Akpom 3 - Bury 1
Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
byrron:

Chuba Akpom 3 - Bury 1
chuba akpom sounds igbo to me
Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
richidinho:
learn ke?

in a related development

Iheanacho sounds igbo to me too

1 Like

Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by Estellar: 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
[quote author=Txonyi post=42470966] chuba akpom sounds igbo to me[/qu ote]Yea he is
Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by APCsupporter: 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
God bless our humble president
Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by biafranbaby(m): 7:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
MAROC:
Senior?

Na NEPA certificate dey talk now.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
Txonyi:

chuba akpom sounds igbo to me

He has dual citizenship and he has also represented England at the junior level, his parents are Nigerians but he was born in England.
Re: I'm Grateful To Learn From #kenyatta Because He's My Senior —president #buhari by Pidggin(f): 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
@ 73 he is still a learning, then at what age will he become wise

(1) (Reply)

10 Unarmed Peaceful Pro-biafra Were Shot Dead At Aba By The Nigeria Army / Wives Of Southern Governors Resolve To Support Nigeria's First Lady / PHOTO: No Column For PDP In 230 Polling Units Result Sheets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.