Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,173 members, 7,907,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 04:31 AM

Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details (26034 Views)

Get 2.5gb On MTN With Just 1000 Naira. / How To Register Mtn Sim Using Your BVN / Hot: How To Cheat Mtn With Mtn Beta Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Nbote(m): 9:56am On Feb 01, 2016
Nigerians and their conspiracy theories... Like someone already rightly pointed out ur BVN is simply an identification and I assume the networks wants to make use of the data customers registered to update their sim reg. D bvn is by no way ur account number and signature or password.
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by habeeblai244(m): 9:56am On Feb 01, 2016
Olaone1:

'Reason' is a noun. 'Why' is an adverb (seen as a conjunction by some peeps) . Ergo, 'reason why' is not a tautology, bro.

Also, 'why' appears almost exclusively after the word 'reason'. Just try to use 'why' with any other word. And, I mean not as a pronoun.

Some day it's redundant. But, redundancy is an acceptable feature of language. It's not a bad thing. In Nigeria, we have a lot of this: 'sharp sharp', 'well well' and wait for this; 'etc...etc' grin grin

Read this: http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2012/09/reason-why.html

Wow. I never know this. Thanks bro
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by profeoo(m): 10:04am On Feb 01, 2016
I don't just get it when people just worry unnecessarily .
Mtn only requested your permission to grant them access to use your biometric details available in your BVN in order to reduce the annoying long queues seen in their reg centers. They didn't force anyone to do so.its your choice. Ncc is on their neck and customers are also complaining of spending days in queues not being able to register. Thus the option of use of BVN came up to ease the stress in the registration process.

Do you think if they want to use your BVN details without asking you to send it,they can't get it A code exists for such.
Asking you to send 'yes' to 799 first is like a disclaimer.

Abeg jawe BVN is not account number, it is safe. Op do more research
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by profeoo(m): 10:10am On Feb 01, 2016
BiggyB242:

Then how come the next day I started getting interviews invite, because I filled graduate on it.
my friend it is not from Mtn,it is most probably if you had filled a page with jobberman and other outsourcing firms
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by bigtt76(f): 10:20am On Feb 01, 2016
Na so naa! SPAM SMS became rampant after the first SIM card registration took place in Naija. Recently I received wedding invitation and subsequent thank you SMS from couple I know nothing about. Sad I couldn't reply to them grin

habeeblai244:
My MTN line is partially blocked and I've been getting messages asking me to allow MTN access my BVN to complete the SIM registration. My skepticism won't let me do this. It's not that I don't just trust MTN or something, I'm actually scared of my fellow countrymen working in that company.
A regular Joe working with MTN might receive a 10 million naira payment from someone who needs a thousand BVNs.
Am I overthinking?
Maybe not. Your data is never safe with these companies.

I have a new MTN line I've never used for registration anywhere online and recently, it's receiving promotional messages from Jumia. There can only one explanation to this. Tho my friend told me Jumia and MTN are partner, But why would they start sending promotional msg to me that way. Our Country Men at work.

My bro who Did Jamb Last Year Recieved up to 10sms from one unrecognized polytechnics and college of Edu telling him "he has been offered admission"
pls tell me where they got his number.

So what am try to say is that,
Dont trust MTN with your BVN details. Do you think I will turn down an offer when someone tell me to just give him access to just 1000 BVN details and am gonna get 10millions.

This is my own oppinion, What do you Think??

Source : FROM MY WEBSITE
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Praktikals(m): 12:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
falcon01:
as time goes on we are no more secure we don't have privacy all your info are online it can be used to track you. don't think you are alone your every step will be watched. a tracking chip will be made.. it will be placed under your skin to track you .. you are not alone
The world is coming to an end. If you are a xtian, you ll know what I mean.
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
profeoo:
my friend it is not from Mtn,it is most probably if you had filled a page with jobberman and other outsourcing firms
Number I don't even know as I speak. I bought the sim today, started receiving invite the next day. I use the sim for browsing only .I already have an mtn number as my main line.Why should I use a number that is never on my phone for job application.Mtn staffs are giving out our info.
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
OP don't give them access ;is better you queue up.Nigerians can do anything for money.
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by habeeblai244(m): 1:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
bigtt76:
Na so naa! SPAM SMS became rampant after the first SIM card registration took place in Naija. Recently I received wedding invitation and subsequent thank you SMS from couple I know nothing about. Sad I couldn't reply to them grin

lol. Wedding Invi What. Haha cheesy
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Olaone1: 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
davit:

Then you need to read this :
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-users-of-the-English-language-even-native-speakers-use-reason-why-together
If it is good enough for Shakespeare, then, it is good enough for me.

By the way, your link didn't do it justice. Read it again.
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by mabababida: 1:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
Just because you received text messages from unknown or unsubscribed channels to your new sim does not suggest you are about to be scammed. What you should know very well is that most of the sims people are purchasing now have been used by some people before who later abandoned them, possibly because of lost phones and they cared not to welcome them back. Before they were abandoned, they were possibly registered / submitted to receive certain messages. The likelihood is that you will be receiving old owners messages each time messages are sent to them. You most probably are familiar with situations where you called someone's number only for him to tell you that he is a new owner to that number. These are possibilities to your yearnings.
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Rapsowdee01(m): 4:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
KINGwax007:
over sabi...have you checked your dictionary to see that 'reason why' is perfectly correct. It was even used as an example. I know this since 2008, during my higher institutional level, when guys like you won't allow us hear word.

I biliv u are also part of the ones who will say, "give me my balance' is correct and not 'give me my change'. Whereas, the latter is the correct one.

I bet you are about are abt to write WAEC or jamb, and I've stated reading those yeye key points because I didn't expect u to be in a higher institution and still not be friendly with dictionary. Even the one if your phone will suffice.

If you do not understand that the 'reason' before 'why' means 'logic', then u shld knw now. 'Reason why' simply means 'the logic behind' a particular thing.

In all your eduction, get understanding!

Why all the hate speech ?? You could have made your point without all the ''waec and jamb'' ish... Anyways... I've heard and thanks.. Oya Clap 4 yourself
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by slyzy(m): 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2016
catlova:

Absolutely not. Op is just uninformed and too eager to create a thread.
Thanks for the clarification
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by flightz(f): 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
Olaone1:

'Reason' is a noun. 'Why' is an adverb (seen as a conjunction by some peeps) . Ergo, 'reason why' is not a tautology, bro.

Also, 'why' appears almost exclusively after the word 'reason'. Just try to use 'why' with any other word. And, I mean not as a pronoun.

Some say it's redundant. But, redundancy is an acceptable feature of language. It's not a bad thing. In Nigeria, we have a lot of this: 'sharp sharp', 'well well' and wait for this; 'etc...etc' grin grin

Read this: http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2012/09/reason-why.html
wow, u are still on nairaland.. Never knew, remember those days in 2011
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Olaone1: 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
flightz:
wow, u are still on nairaland.. Never knew, remember those days in 2011
Yes, bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Leads In New Internet Subscription / Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay / I Need A Phone With Sharp Camera With Good Battery Life For 50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.