Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,954 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:34 AM

What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies (2713 Views)

Free Nigerian Movies: Leave onlinenigeria.com alone / Best Nigerian Movies / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by RotannaEze(m): 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2009
[b][/b] cryGuys,sorry to say but it's a pity that Nigerian movies sucks.I still can't believe that since all this years we still have not gotten to anywhere with our films.I am tired of seeing the say story line,the same actors and actress in over all the films,imagine that sucks.If you agree with me i suppose you drop a suggestion.
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by makib: 1:06am On Jun 30, 2009
very bad story lines. and too much continuity ie part1,2,3,4.
what the hell is that?
no suspence what so ever. i can predict the end of a movie by watching the first 20 minutes of the movie.
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by Okijajuju1(m): 1:10am On Jun 30, 2009
I dey come o!! still typing.
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by Thirdborn: 3:25am On Jun 30, 2009
I dislike everything about Nigerian movies. From the producing to acting to marketing the crap on the streets or stall or whatever these people do.

makib:

very bad story lines. and too much continuity ie part1,2,3,4.
what the hell is that?
no suspence what so ever. i can predict the end of a movie by watching the first 20 minutes of the movie.

I can predict what will happen in the film just by looking at the bloody VCD case.
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by iice(f): 7:50am On Jun 30, 2009
What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies

Riddle? grin
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by FBS: 8:44am On Jun 30, 2009
Same story line and they still have the nerve to go part 1,2,3,4. Pathetic.

Like the comedies sha. wink cheesy
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by pek(m): 10:51am On Jun 30, 2009
i hate to say this, but what is there to like?
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by muyiscoi(m): 12:37am On Jul 24, 2009
i know that the popular saying is "whats not to like" but i have to edit that here and say "what's there to like"?. that is indeed the question to be asked because nigerian movies are utter rubbish. they seem like unscripted jargons which are just made up when they get on the set with shallow stories, repetitive and unrealistic plots. if i were to choose what i hate the most about nigerian movies, it would be the editing. coupled with the fact that the movies are crap, they have an even worse editing. the sound quality is so bad at times that cars passing or okada passing interferes with the sound and can be heard even when the scene going on is indoors. i could manage to sit through a whole nigerian movie if they had at least medium level of edition but right now, i just want to toss something at the tv whenever i come across one showing a nigerian movie. so in order not to cause harm to my tv or somebody else's for that matter, i stay as far away from nigerian movies as possible. i believe whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. therefore, instead of nigerian producers churning out hundreds of millions of movies per year, sitting down and giggling at themselves for being the second largest movie industry in the world, they should channel enough money into production of one quality piece that would capture the hearts and minds of nigerians and the world at large and most of all, change my perception about nigerian movies. but for now, i keep my distance.
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by Bota: 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2009
FBS:

Same story line and they still have the nerve to go part 1,2,3,4. Pathetic.

Like the comedies sha. wink cheesy

They break it up into parts like that because of the pirates. That way at least they make some decent money out of their products before the elegiris strike !
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by Bota: 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2009
Cut them some slack guys! Do you have any idea what kind of budget these movies are produced on? They are really low budget and they are doing a good job with the meager resources at their disposal. You simply cannot compare this to movies where Angelina Jolie alone will be paid millions. And it's not really fair to lump them all together, I don't watch a lot but I've seen that movies produced by Tade Ogidan and Tchidi Tchikere are quite decent.
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by GEW: 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2009
Bota:

Cut them some slack guys! Do you have any idea what kind of budget these movies are produced on? They are really low budget and they are doing a good job with the meager resources at their disposal. You simply cannot compare this to movies where Angelina Jolie alone will be paid millions. And it's not really fair to lump them all together, I don't watch a lot but I've seen that movies produced by Tade Ogidan and Tchidi Tchikere are quite decent.
if you give some naija producerrs same facilities as hollywood people you will get same old poor movies.
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by Benzino100(f): 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2009
Me!,sit down 4 ten minutes to watch Naija movie!, Tufiakwa!, I don't even know how they come by their scripts!, always luv luv wey no get meaning!,It's always Jim Iyke or RAMSEY Egyptian !,
Nigerian actors should just face comedy, period!, We've been in this movie biz for Donkey years, still no improvement, no Awards!
What's the point?,At the end of every movie, it's always "just the beginning", or "to God be the Glory".
Sometimes, even the write-ups have serious spelling and grammatical errors, that i wonder if there's even an editor!
Another thing is indecent exposure!, for God's sake this is not Obodo Oibo, it is Naija!
Copy-copy is another wahala!, after watching one American movie, Nollywood will produce something similar,
Imagine a movie like Titanic being copied!,with a scene from the original inserted into the Naija one!
Abeg, I don't want to talk o Jare! shocked grin cheesy cry
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by Benzino100(f): 11:14am On Aug 01, 2009
Makes me want to puke,
I wonder if they even watch movies produced by other African countries,
Man,it's pathetic !,i'm ashamed,
Same ol' story every time!, same theme!, if it's not about Juju or Family wahala, it's about Boyfriend and Girlfriend snatching!
Kudos to people like Sam loco,Mr. Ibu,Awilo sharp-sharp,Okey Bakassi etc for their talent!
Those few earn my respect for their ability to make people laugh. grin
the rest have nothing to offer the public except tips on indecency!
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry >
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 01, 2009
^really? What movie did they do that in? The inserting of scenes from the original Titanic movie I mean.
What I dislike: the constant copying of American culture, way of life and forced/fake American accent. These things do not tell of our self-esteem as Nigerians.
Also the horrifying, mortifying and sometimes unbelievable types of grammatical errors in scripts. Those do not speak well of our level of education as Nigerians.
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by Moyola(f): 10:49pm On Aug 01, 2009
Arrrgghhh!! Same story line, different actors n actresses. . .
I don't really mind moviz in different parts. . .as long as d story getz beta undecided
Re: What Do You Dislike About Nigerian Movies by TheSeeker(m): 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2009
Bad costumes, good story line(sometimes) but pathetic and annoying directing and producing, etc. I will prefer A NIGHT OF A THOUSAND LAUGH to any Nigerian movie any day.

(1) (Reply)

BBA SEXTAPE: Nhlanhla And Sheillah Making Love #BBAHOTSHOTS...ADULTS OLNY / Strong Sex - Latest Nollywood Romantic Movie / Tinsel Is Still The Best Nigerian Soap On Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.