Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,804 members, 7,905,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:45 PM

Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times (17226 Views)

Facebook, Google, Others Confirm Nigeria’s Requests For User Information / Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times / Financial Times calls Nigeria's economic approach the height of foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 01, 2016
oboman:
Here is a brief view of the budget

1...... It's is true that recurrent expenditure is over 80% of the total budget.

2...... People who are worried shouldn't be called derogatory names or be branded mere Jonathan supporters trying to discredit Buhari.

3...... If we are gonna borrow money from World Bank with 80% going on recurrent expenditure, then we ought to be genuinely worried. Let's not forget that we will pay this money back.. Had the budget been maybe 70% on capital project, this would mean more businesses would spring up which we could then tax to pay back the loan. Another alternative is waiting for oil prices to go up to pay our debts. This 2nd option looks unlikely and sounds very speculative..

4..... In this current climate, when oil revenue is dwindling, why can't we cut cost? Closing down some ministries would save us huge amount of money.. Ministry of Water Resources could be merged with Agriculture and that would save us N 7 billion. We could also merge interior ministry with information & culture, which would save us N39 billion......

5)...... Wait for this..... Your National Assembly is gonna gulp N 115 billion, that's $570 million...... We asking World bank for $3 billion and roughly 1/5 of that money will go to men that sit in a room doing absolutely nothing when we basically broke as a country??

Folks who use unpleasant names to describe Nigeria aren't treacherous or unpatriotic, they just can't comprehend this whole madness...

I hope someone somewhere reads this & receives sense.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 01, 2016
EternalTruths:
Hiss

Buhari wants to Osunize Nigeria with debts angry
i still finding it so difficult to believe that Nigeria as a country haven't made more than this amount for nine months now even when there is no ongoing contracts
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by Lobolintin(m): 7:54am On Feb 01, 2016
Achuwa1:
Let Tinubu borrow Nigeeia na.
Afterall,it is his party APC tht is in power & he stole in excess during his regime as Lagos state governor & after his regime..
we will payback when oil price goes high & also compensate him by voting APC again,,,maybe not presidency again coz APC cannot manage the country,but we will give him some pdp states in the north to join to the already apc state tht they will win in 2019.
coz its very obvious Apc wount win 2019 presidency

Hahahaha u dey vex ooo
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by sweetilicious(f): 7:58am On Feb 01, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
Like it is unexpected? Right?

When The buffoon called Jonathan spent all the nation's finances to fund his failed second term aspirations

Nigeria is a mono economy and the oil we depend on is currently almost valueless, so what are the options?

Borrow and use the money judiciously

God bless Buhari
But i thought we are in the era of change? I hope he has plans of paying back? Why can't this government live like a poor man? Not been long we just came out from debt. Bubu should pay back before he leaves office o

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by kirchofff(m): 8:13am On Feb 01, 2016
NavierStokes:

And almost 7 times that of saudi Arabia.
7 times? I guess dat should even be an understatement, cos d last time I checked saudi was less dan 20million while naija was over 170million yet they still produce much more oil barrels dan we do, so what was that lady expecting?
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by achiphet(m): 8:17am On Feb 01, 2016
When go pay this debt? When we go pay this debt? Naa me go pay this debt? Chai!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by NavierStokes(m): 8:21am On Feb 01, 2016
kirchofff:
7 times? I guess dat should even be an understatement, cos d last time I checked saudi was less dan 20million while naija was over 170million yet they still produce much more oil barrels dan we do, so what was that lady expecting?

Okay, they are about 29 million a lil more or less
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by persius555(m): 8:34am On Feb 01, 2016
Its a pity we are embarking on major infrastructural investment at a time we virtually emptied our coffers. So long as the money goes into capital projects and properly monitored, there wouldnt be cause for alarm. The terms of re-payment must be properly looked into. Every country borrows, if not how do you explain UKs 700 billion pounds debt or america's trillion dollars of debt.

PDP, you brought this woe upon this country.
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by donbigboy(m): 8:37am On Feb 01, 2016
NavierStokes:

I am tired of hearing all these shallow accusations, what do you understand by reserves, how do you think reserves are generated considering that in our economy virtually all the projected income is supposed to go into sharing between the tiers of govt, excess crude acct and sovereign wealth fund. And our constitution is against saving?

Anyways here is an article for you, hope you find the time to read and have a better understanding of our aggressive stance of defending the naira one certain time.
http://emerge-ng.com/newsletter-editr/how-sanusi-put-the-naira-in-trouble/

Thanks for that article... Very educating !!

May God help this country and it leaders..
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by NavierStokes(m): 8:49am On Feb 01, 2016
donbigboy:

Thanks for that article... Very educating !!

May God help this country and it leaders..

You are very welcome bro. Have a splendid start to the new week and month.
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by free13: 9:13am On Feb 01, 2016
# el dullard.inho.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by rugged7(m): 9:42am On Feb 01, 2016
Your MAMA there, little boy... grin

Adminisher:

Those monies that Goodluck Jonathan, Dieziani and Dasuki STOLE and they have NOT denied will eventually be recovered.
It is not propaganda. Let Dieziani come to Nigeria now to tell us it is propaganda. We want her to even go on TV where she is hiding and tell us what APC government is saying is propaganda. Then we will believe it. For now you are just an idxxt defending thieves who have more resources to defend themselves but are not. . Go figure.
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by MrEverest(m): 9:54am On Feb 01, 2016
drss:
borowing $3.5 billion to purchase bmw cars, N700 million website, N1.7 billion aso rock feeding, N182 million for tires, N3 billion aso rock renovation, N38 billion for propaganda n many other frudulent items in d budget of yams. APC govt will bury dis con3 in debts.
That is the irony of it all, this budget more than anything else proves two things (1) That Buhari is actually a stark illiterate & so do not understand the implication of the budget & is circled by opportunists that are bent on playing on his naivity for their own selfish cum corrupt benefit (2) Buhari is clueless, has no plans for Nigeria & Simply came to power for vengeance purpose which he termed fighting corruption. That budget in itself is corruption personified. Nigerians are daily inundated with warnings & instructions on how to gird their loins on the coming austerity yet Buhari & cronies live life like there is no tomorow. The zombies shud keep cheering him even as our ship is fast sinking!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by MrEverest(m): 10:34am On Feb 01, 2016
TimeManager:
We seek to diversify, but buffons are wailing export restrictions,
We probing to recover stolen funds, buffoons are wailing rule of law,
We borrowing to finance, buffoons yet again wailing more debt profile. There is only but one thing contained in their handout, & that's; wail, wail & wail.
The truth has spoken!
Do you really understand that your life, destiny & fate viz-a-viz that of your future generations are at stake here?? When you make light of this desperate situation & call people who are genuinly woried names, shows you are living in a fools paradise! Pls have u seen the budget? Where in it did u see a hint of diversification?? Why would ministry of information have more allocation than that of Agriculture & Solid Minerals combined! The two most important areas of diversification!! what is Buhari still doing with 12 jets? why spend such huge amounts on frivolities like BMW cars, decorations etc in such times? Where is the change u voted for??
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by TimeManager(m): 11:16am On Feb 01, 2016
@MrEverest, whenever i hear you guys fume up & around about the allocation to the ministry of information, it got me abysmally worried for you guyz. Need i remained you that the allocation is for both INFORMATION & CULTURE. You can do yourself the need to find out the allocations of both ministries under the last admin. In furtherance to your search, find out the allocations of the ministry of agric & solid minerals to their resultant performances in comparison to the present allocations. Mind you, the budget is still going through debate & will only kick off in march. So save your breathe.
The truth has spoken!
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by OFFICIAL336: 11:57am On Feb 01, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
Like it is unexpected? Right?

When The buffoon called Jonathan spent all the nation's finances to fund his failed second term aspirations

Nigeria is a mono economy and the oil we depend on is currently almost valueless, so what are the options?

Borrow and use the money judiciously

God bless Buhari
Borrow to fund a budget of yams? I'll advise you go through that budget again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by thundafire: 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
emzila:

who do u think we should blame before? when oil was sold for $110plus per barrel what did Jonathan do? Saudi Arabia and other oil exporting nations are facing the same challenge Nigeria is facing but because they saved during d oil price boom, they are able to absorb the shock from oil price burst. if you don't know how the economy works, keep your mouth shot and ask people to explain to you. we have meager foreign reserve to fall back on. the question you should be asking is that what possible would Nigeria have been if Jonathan had won the last election. just like saraki said, I am not worried about the loan but about its uses.

i guess dy SWF account was funded for dis hard times but amaechi,oshobaba nd co told him 2 share dy mny 2 dem,so nw u c who will u blame will u still blame him wen he refused dy shouted nd nw y cnt dy tell dy world dy made him share dy mny 2 dem
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by thundafire: 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
SoNature:

Educated illiterate, where are your punctuation marks?

talented buffon dy last tym i checked i knw i wsn't writing English exam
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by emzila(m): 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
thundafire:

i guess dy SWF account was funded for dis hard times but amaechi,oshobaba nd co told him 2 share dy mny 2 dem,so nw u c who will u blame will u still blame him wen he refused dy shouted nd nw y cnt dy tell dy world dy made him share dy mny 2 dem
when a leader lacks direction, anyone can cow him. do you know how many times Buhari had been told to devaluate naira? but he refused. one of the reasons is that he has a goal not to devaluate naira against the dollar, he also know that by the time the budget is passed and contracts are being awarded, many of the contractors will be paid in foreign currency through our banks who will then push the dollar into circulation to ease the scarcity, hence he needs not panic over short term scarcity and its challenges. JONATHAN would have ran out of that office by now, he wouldn't have known the direction from which to address Nigeria economic crisis with oil selling below $30 per barrel. and by now, he would have depleted our external reserve to $2b.
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by emzila(m): 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
SoNature:

I believe you just started following political events in Nigeria. May I remind you that Nigerian Governors Forum led by Rotimi Amaechi took Jonathan to court insisting he shares among federal, state and LGA excess crude oil money when NOI announced that they want to set up Sovereign Wealth Fund to save the money for rainy day. Yes, your governors said Excess Crude Account was illegal so the money must be shared...suddenly, even the Oshiomholes who benefited from the sharing are turning around to blame NOI and GEJ for our economic woes.
Oga, i know you ve been following politics since 19BC but excess crude account is not the same as your foreign reserve. It is not how long but how well.
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by NavierStokes(m): 12:00am On Feb 02, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obiano Promotes Clement Okodo Nigeria's 2017 Best Teacher, Gives Him N1M (Pics) / Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 / 2023: Why Kwankwaso Cannot Work For Tinubu - Penguin2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.