Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,669 members, 7,965,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:53 PM

We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others (1221 Views)

Pass Money Laundering Bill, Buhari Tells NASS / Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing / New Salary Package For NASS, Others Ready Sept-rmafc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
Senator Ben Murray-Bruce representing Bayelsa East constituency, may be on a collision course with some of his colleagues after he advised that all public office holders except the president use their personal cars to serve the citizens.

Murray-Bruce who was tweeting with #BudgetCommonsense noted that how does Nigeria look when it borrows from the United Kingdom to fund the 2016 budget yet its expenses is more than that of the UK.

Read all Murray-Bruce’s tweet:
Are Nigerians aware the British PM only gets an annual grant of £30,000 for upkeep of his official living quarters? ‪#‎BudgetCommonsense‬

How does Nigeria looks when we seek to borrow from UK to fund 2016 budget yet our expenses are higher than theirs? #BudgetCommonsense

I said except the President, we should all use personal cars because we look like fools if we spend more than our creditors #BudgetCommonsense

If the 2016 budget is passed as is, we will borrow ₦5 Billion daily. It will be irresponsible to spend debt on luxuries #BudgetCommonsense

Isn’t it embarrassing to fly a Presidential jet to a country we want to borrow from and whose own leaders have none? #BudgetCommonsense

I practice what I preach. In chambers and publicly, I call for reduction in pay. I share my allowance with my Constituents #BudgetCommonsense

My name is Ben Murray-Bruce and I just want to make Commonsense!

It would be recalled that the national assembly was criticized by former Nigerian president, Olusegun Obasanjo for budgeting the sum of N4.7bn ($23.9 million) to purchase exotic cars for individual lawmakers.

3 Likes

Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by babyfaceafrica: 11:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
Always making noise to the media and tweeting,please say something during plemenary...stop playing to the gallery....obamanikoro!!!!

4 Likes

Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by gbengaizzy(m): 11:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
Talk talk senator. Senator for the talkatives.
Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by fistonati(m): 11:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
That's how it should be but the senators will still have their way.

Fooling Nigerians since......

June 12 1993 or may 29 1999
Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by Aufbauh(m): 11:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
This is when Ben Bruce start talking like Obama, "Big convoys don't make big men. big ideas do".

2 Likes

Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by Sall(m): 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
Why must he always tweet to express him self he should raised the topic on the floor of the house if he so mean it. Practice what you preach and see orders follow .
Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by ucluiz: 12:13am On Feb 01, 2016
Only Senator in Naija.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by Nuells: 7:20am On Feb 01, 2016
He cannot move a motion on the floor of the senate if he hasn't been called to, hence, the senate president boycotts him when indicating ppl who would speak on a subject matter, so it's not his fault to tweet these afterall all he has been saying is written in the book of Jeremaih

2 Likes

Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by Lanretoye(m): 7:22am On Feb 01, 2016
This administration will be just like others if all APC senators don't subscribe to this,it means the CHANGE mantra is just an hoax.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by efilefun(m): 7:28am On Feb 01, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Always making noise to the media and tweeting,please say something during plemenary...stop playing to the gallery....obamanikoro!!!!
The funniest thing is this man always have his head resting on his palm during sittings after wasting all his energy shouting on Twitter. The guy wise, he no want Hin fellow senators to hold am so e dey rant on Twitter cuz those ones no sabi use am. So funny Nigerian senators are being told to attend a program just to teach them how to use Facebook!!!! *Mo Foh ooo*

1 Like

Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by Pavore9: 7:43am On Feb 01, 2016
He should raise that up in the Senate and let Nigerians see the reactions of his fellow lawmakers.
Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 01, 2016
Senator of the twitter constituency.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by ola6: 8:06am On Feb 01, 2016
True!!! Nigerians abuse a lot of privileges. Why will a senator have a 10 car convoy??

1 Like

Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by KINGwax007(m): 8:08am On Feb 01, 2016
Yeah... Here comes the clown again!

But u didn't return the official car nor reject the loan. How abt the wardrobe allowance, you collected it too?
Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by kaypling(m): 8:12am On Feb 01, 2016
On Twitter again?
Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by azyaq(m): 8:34am On Feb 01, 2016
I THINK THIS MAN IS MAKING SENSE. IF OUR SO CALLED LEADER REALLY WANT TO SERVE US. THEY SHOULD BE READY TO MAKE SACRIFICE. THE CHANGE WE DESIRE CAN NOT COME IF WE KEEP BORROWING ON IRRELIVANT THINGS
Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 01, 2016
undecided
Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by BaddieKay(f): 8:57am On Feb 01, 2016
I wish they'll listen
Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by orisa37: 9:16am On Feb 01, 2016
Ben Bruce is a new President in the Making. Nigerians are following him.
Re: We Should All Use Personal Cars, Ben Bruce Tells NASS, Others by segalex: 9:37am On Feb 01, 2016
This doesn't make sense as far as I'm concerned, let this man say this on the floor of the Senate rather than ranting on Twitter.
And he should not give us the story that he's giving his money to his constituents, what we want is a drastic reduction in their pay, he should champion this if he wants Nigerians to take him serious, he should stop playing on our intelligence

(1) (Reply)

LETTER: Your Comments Against PDP Were Worse- KASU Lecturer Blasts El-rufai / Photos; See The Contraband Goods Seized By Customs Officials In Oyo/osun States / Bakassi Peninsula Refugees To Attend Biafra Congress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.