Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,244 members, 7,910,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:13 AM

Possible Solutions For Nigerian Graduates? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Possible Solutions For Nigerian Graduates? (578 Views)

Job Opportunity / Placement For Nigerian Graduates / Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) / ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Possible Solutions For Nigerian Graduates? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 30, 2009
Are there really ANY or can there be possible solution(s) for the millions of 9ja graduates?! The increasin number of em' is highly devastating, Who do we blame here, is it the govt or the graduates who are not makin any such move as to getting an alternative for themselves.

Nigeria is so big to acomodate uncountable (numerous) activities. My little piece of advice reminder is -
1. Why not overlook your graduate status and start thinking broadly beyond and across your field.
2. NL for sure is full of job seekers, STOP depending on Internet search for jobs on evryday basis, remember that cld be someworth expense on you.
3. If you are the quack graduate type and dont know how ta think and come up with reasonable ideas on what next for u to do in life, You can always start some small scale self employed business which requires little resources.
4. REMEMBER, Not to despise the days of ur little beginings (Prov. ). See if u can get a loan to kick start ur self employed intentions.
5. Learn to be motivated by great men and women of instinct with possitive societal values. Do not look down on your self and entertain shyness even as a graduate. Think big. Do not be proud. (pride goes before a fall). Pride will NeVEr make u start small, talking frm experience.
6. The alarming rate of evryday graduates can no longer be condoned and we all know this. Stop decieving and fooling urself of expecting a positive response from that company that u sent ur outstanding CV to. Enough of everyday sending o' CV and Resumé. One secret ya'll graduates dont know is, This companys' are only trying to Maintain, Attain, Gain, Sustain and Retain Societal Standards thats why they publish and advertise Open Vacancies cos they know that so many peeps and applicants wold def apply within thereby gaining more grounds of fame and pretend to be employing grads, if u know what i mean.
7. Being a messenger NEVER makes u look inferior.
And above all, YoUR ATTITUDE is PoWErFUL than yoUR REPUTATION in other words, ur attitude as a fresh or old graduate towards the approach of any venture is extremely powerful and of great importance than your status or reputation as a graduate. I dont care 'to know' if u graduate from HARVARD, all i demand for is a responsive attitude. (ofcourse, ur attitued talks/speaks louder)
BrEinex.
Re: Possible Solutions For Nigerian Graduates? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 30, 2009
Thanks for thou complement.
Uhm! I hope u're for real then i can tell u there are a huge number of em' out there who willing to contact u. BUT i also hope u could share some tip of ideas here. Who knows, i might grab one of such wink

(1) (Reply)

Imagine: Mobil Has Started Interviewing Accountants / Thanks To Nairaland / Forum Modurators Are Wanted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.