Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,717 members, 7,889,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:55 AM

Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) (7749 Views)

A Mini Bar,Viewing,Game Center.It's Worth Investing On In Nigeria ? Pls Advice / What Is The Valid Zip Code For Nigeria? Pls Help! / Candle-making In Nigeria: Pls Guide Me With Ur Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by MRNEL(m): 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2009
it is time we step up and fill this need. I have no special training in engineering but I believe in this idea. and can invest in it. I need answers on how it cannot happen, then how it can. ours maynot be as efficient but efficacy first.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by moneyskill: 10:09am On Jul 02, 2009
I would like to meet up with you sir, my name is Akin and my phone number is 08053770805.
Have a nice day.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by abbeydot: 2:34pm On Jul 04, 2009
Hi Mr NEL,

This is something i have been thinking about and done some work on while in school and after.

I have an engineering background though not trained on making solar panels. Also i have a sound business background, so i can employ both to see how it CAN HAPPEN. I even have already made proposals on ground.

Kindly reach me on ibizconsult@gmail.com for further details. I don't like placing my phone numbers on public forums. Will give you as soon as you contact me on mail.

Regards
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by kingaje: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2009
MR NEL:

it is time we step up and fill this need. I have no special training in engineering but I believe in this idea. and can invest in it. I need answers on how it cannot happen, then how it can. ours maynot be as efficient but efficacy first.

Thanks MR NEL,

I have a do it yourself manual which makes it possible for average Nigerians
to build,install and get clean energy at a very cheap price with local materials

Almost all the materials are available locally except for the CELLS which one can
always buy from china through alibaba dot com or other solar equipments
sources online.

It is possible
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by naijacutee(f): 11:09am On Jul 05, 2009
This is also an area I'm interested in. Even though manufacturing solar panels in Nigeria is likely to be a profitable venture, I do not think it is an easy task. The amount of research that would be required to assess the possibility of making Nigerian solar panels which are relevant to our needs, and which are also priced within reach of the average Nigerian cannot be underestimated.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by kingaje: 7:53am On Jul 06, 2009
naijacutee:

This is also an area I'm interested in. Even though manufacturing solar panels in Nigeria is likely to be a profitable venture, I do not think it is an easy task. The amount of research that would be required to assess the possibility of making Nigerian solar panels which are relevant to our needs, and which are also priced within reach of the average Nigerian cannot be underestimated.

I feel we don't need to start all over, we just need to borrow
and transfer the technologies to Nigeria

Cell is the brain of a complete solar panel we can have the cells
and the Batteries from advanced nations while we produce the
rest like Inverters,cables,plugs and tripods and other miscelinuos
packaging suites.

The Cells and the Batteries varies from manufacturer to manufacturers
but the best Cells are known for there ability to convert more of the
rays it received to electricity and the battery lives spans too

It is possible
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by question(m): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2009
Solar power system is possible in Nigeria.
But the challenge will be from those corrupt nigerians frustrating PHCN efforts in Nigeria. I mean those in generator and diesel business.

I am very interested in production of nigerian-made solar panels, inverters and deep cycle batteries.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by question(m): 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2009
How are solar panels made?
Discover the process of making a solar panel

Making solar panels is a delicate process, and it is for this reason that major solar advances did not come into play until the lattermost quarter of the last century, when advances in semiconductors and photovoltaic design allowed increasingly efficient and affordable solar cells to be developed.
Crystalline Silicon Solar Panels

The creation of solar panels typically involves cutting crystalline silicon into tiny disks less than a centimeter thick. These thin, wafer-like disks are then carefully polished and treated to repair and gloss any damage from the slicing process. After polishing, dopants (materials added to alter an electrical charge in a semiconductor or photovoltaic solar cell) and metal conductors are spread across each disk. The conductors are aligned in a thin, grid-like matrix on the top of the solar panel, and are spread in a flat, thin sheet on the side facing the earth.

Photovoltaic Solar Panels

To protect the solar panels after processing, a thin layer of cover glass is then bonded to the top of the photovoltaic cell. After the bonding of protective glass, the nearly-finished panel is attached to a subtrate by an expensive, thermally conductive cement. The thermally conductive property of the cement keep the solar panel from becoming overheated; any leftover energy that the solar panel is unable to convert to electricity would otherwise overheat the unit and reduce the efficiency of the solar cells.

Despite these protective measures against the tendancy of solar panels to overheat, it is vital that when installing a solar panel, additional steps should be taken to ensure the solar panel is kept cool. Elevating the solar panel above ground (see solar panel mounts) to let the airflow underneath cool the device.

Amorphous Silicon Solar Panels
Amorphous silicon solar panels are a powerful, emerging line of photovoltaics, that differ in output, structure, and manufacture than traditional photovoltaics which use crystalline silicon. Amorphous silicon solar cells, or A-si cells, are developed in a continuous roll-to-roll process by vapor-depositing silicon alloys in multiple layers, with each extremely thin layer specializing in the absorption of different parts of the solar spectrum. The result is record-breaking efficiency and reduced materials cost (A-si solar cells are typically thinner than their crystalline counterparts).

Some Amorphous Solar Panels also come with shade-resistant technology or multiple circuits within the cells, so that if an entire row of cells is subject to complete shading, the circuit won't be completely broken and some output can still be gained. This is especially useful when installing solar panels on a boat.

The development process of Amorphous Silicon solar panels also renders them much less susceptible to breakage during transport or installation. This can help reduce the risk of damaging your significant investment in a photovoltaic system. Click here for more more information on amorphous silicon solar panels.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by MRNEL(m): 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2009
I am glad at the response. Akin I'll sure get to you. my email addy is stillnadis@yahoo.com Though I am very practical, I believe in talk- good talk. there is the possibility. it won't be easy. I subscribe to finishing the process here and outsourcing the rest- for the time being. the key word in my own opinion is the comparative advantage we have. equatorial location of our nation.

but for now. anyone with info on progress in removing the tax tariff on importing solar modules.

keep this on the burner pls
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by blunt1990: 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2009
I am discussing with a Chinese coy in importing solar panel for some property developers in Nigeria. I also wish to supply to other interested buyers. I wil apreciate your update on progress made in your research so that i wil work more with nigerians, but that is after I'v seen their previous jobs.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by MRNEL(m): 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2009
@blunt, I would appreciate if you give me an idea of your prices @ stillnadis@yahoo.com.

might need it.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by tee04: 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
producing solar panel locally is capital intensive.
i represent manufacturer of solar panel and other solar related product in Nigeria.
For more info call:+2347029057105
Thanks!
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by ogb5(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2009
tee04:

producing solar panel locally is capital intensive.
i represent manufacturer of solar panel and other solar related product in Nigeria.
For more info call:+2347029057105
Thanks!

Stop decieving others, what is capital intensive in assembling solar panels in nigeria. most of the requirements are available locally. what need to be imported are the cells and the cells can be imported from china instead of importing the completed panels from china.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by duzz: 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
We install Solar Panel production line from 10mw/annual capacity to 50mw per annual capacity, completed line with prefab building and back-up generator. pricing structure are:
10MW annual capacity: $849,000
20MW annual capacity: $1.5m
50MW annual capacity: $2.5m

we can also install a complete Solar cell production line or either 15Mw capacity or 30Mw capacity at €9m and 12m respectively.
sales@primatronics.eu for full detail
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by mccloud224(m): 6:35am On Dec 17, 2009
I am yet to see a house that is totally dependent on solar power (i don't mean those one-two panel experiments).I mean heavy duty paneling for all domestic needs.Does anyone have pictures?
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by platinumnk(f): 6:37am On Dec 17, 2009
^^it is very very uneconmical

the cost for one is a sharp slant of waste of money as the electricity generated is not enough to cover the cost.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by mccloud224(m): 6:44am On Dec 17, 2009
I thought as much.And i have this thought of using solar panels in my dream house but i doubt the cost effectiveness.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by ojesymsym: 11:41pm On Dec 21, 2009
ogb5:

Stop decieving others, what is capital intensive in assembling solar panels in nigeria. most of the requirements are available locally. what need to be imported are the cells and the cells can be imported from china instead of importing the completed panels from china.

You mean import the cells and assemble here, that will reduce the cost drastically o. let talk bro, I will google it online and see wat i turn out. Cheers
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by MRNEL(m): 2:15am On Dec 22, 2009
@ojesyms
pls what's the current market price for 200W plate?
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by ojesymsym: 8:38am On Dec 22, 2009
MR NEL:

@ojesyms
pls what's the current market price for 200W plate?
Ours is a 12v, 200W solar panel, it goes for 200k
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by mroluway: 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2009
i bought a video tutorial online on how to build the solar panel including connection and installation, its very sharp and the audio is very clear. all i need is the Solar Modules. then i can build it myself. u can contact me on bigoluway30@yahoo.com and we can work things out.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by N101: 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2009
AN IDEA: Why don't some of us pool together our knowledge to get this done?  I'm convinced that there are enough of us here who are seriously interested in making this happen in Nigeria.

Working on the premise that we all have the same plan and goal in mind and aren't looking to short-change one another, why not get our respective knowledge and experience together?

Just a thought smiley
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by ogb5(m): 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2009
ojesymsym:

I am also into installation of solar panels, we actualy have 200W panels in stock, are they expensive? of course they are, I am interested in this cells part u jst mentioned.
You mean import the cells and assemble here, that will reduce the cost drastically o. let talk bro, I will google it online and see wat i turn out. Cheers

You are right, assembling the panels locally will reduce cost drastically. If you are interested we can put something together on it. It should not cost more than 60,000 naira to build a 200w solar panel
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by Mikeloo: 4:41am On Dec 31, 2009
@ N101, totally agree with you. Why the first place having this thread? Is it not to bring together knowledge-based people for technology advancement in solar power? But it's only here we decide to work independently. Until we learn to be united then we can move this country forward.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by mroluway: 3:20pm On Jan 01, 2010
THE SOLUTION HERE IS , HOW MANY PEOPLE IS INTERESTED, WHO HAS THE CONNECTION TO GET THE SOLAR MODULES AT A CHEAP RATE, WHO HAS THE KNOWLEDGE TO COUPLE IT, WHO HAS THE MONEY TO FINANCE IT, WE CAN ARRANGE TO MEET AT A PARTICULAR PLACE AND RUB MINDS , THEN THE SECOND STEPS,
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by MRNEL(m): 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2010
Folks I AM GLAD WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS. I SUGGEST WE ALL GO DO A LITTLE RESEARCH.
THE QUESTIONS
THE MODULES?
POSSIBILITY IN NIGERIA
ASSEMBLING
OUTPUT CAPACITY/annum FOR A 500 MILLION INVESTMENT (in terms of finished pdts in watts)
OTHER POSSIBILITIES BESIDES THE AVAILABLE INFO
IS IT POSSIBLE TO CONCENTRATE THE SOLAR BEAM WITH MIRRORS (AN IDEA ON A SOLAR STATION)

OTHER RESEARCH QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME

FOLKS I AM NOT AFRAID ABOUT SOMEONE STEALING PRECIOUS IDEAS.
I BELIEVE WE DESIRE TO SEE THE PRODUCTS ON THE SHELVES; THE PERSON SHOULD GO AHEAD BUT MEANWHILE WE ARE HERE FOR A TIME LIKE THIS TO SAY "LET THERE BE LIGHT"

FEEL ME?
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by Mikeloo: 7:48am On Jan 04, 2010
Count me in. I've also read a manual on DIY solar panel and understood it quite right.
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by MRNEL(m): 10:22am On Jan 04, 2010
you welcome gentlemen
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by N101: 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2011
Where is everyone?  undecided
Re: Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) by Cargoed: 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2011
Yes i can get the Cells for this. I accept we have all the necessary tools. I can project manage this if you want to come onboard just send a mail to dialcentre@ymail.com

If the Subsidy of fuel is lifted as it looks running a Gen-set will be so costly. Likewise meting the growing demand for electricity in Nigeria is very dificult without introducing Solar Technologies. Let us collaborate now this is the only way to become independent.

We will divide into these groups
Photovotaic Cells Suppliers
DeepCycle Battery Supplier
Inverter Producers
Aluminum Couplers and wiring Assemblers
Installation Engineers and artisans

Join the group by sending your mail to dialcentre@ymail.com The Target is at least N70,000 for a three bedroom flat thanks N30,000 FOR 1BEDROOM FLAT

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Spends $1 Billion On Outsourcing Yearly / Recharge Card/Voucher Printing Scam / Importing Drugs From India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.