Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,426 members, 7,881,560 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:56 PM

The Dawn Of #gates In Nigeria: When Will The Opened Gates Start Closing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dawn Of #gates In Nigeria: When Will The Opened Gates Start Closing (386 Views)

Anambra Billionaire Emeka Offor & His Wife Meet Bill Gates In USA(photos) / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dawn Of #gates In Nigeria: When Will The Opened Gates Start Closing by duketunde: 3:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
Good morning beautiful people, By now you must have heard about Dr Tope Aluko, a former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Secretary in Ekiti State, who opened a can of worms yesterday on yet another Gate (Ekiti State Gubernatorial elections 2014 or lemme just say EkitiGate), While we still have so many opened Gates from #DasukiGate to #NimasaGate that are yet to be closed. The internet have gone crazy since last night, with a thousand and one questions, memes and many insinuations.

Check out what Dr. Obinna Aligwekwe, a medical doctor and social commentator per excellence has to say about the many gates and state of the nation today below:
I dont know where to start;

Perhaps I would start with life first. May the souls of all those who perished in those sadistic attacks by Boko Haram find peace.

And in simple English: THE WAR ON TERROR IS NOT YET OVER.

Now to Ekitigate:

Dr Aluko's "confession" will not shock any Nigerian who reasons deeply. People have been rigging elections since the days of OBJ. Once in a while, we oohh and ahhh over those whose petty quarrels force them to come out in the open. There are many rigging machines in State houses all over Nigeria where the traducers are still chummy in their collective rape of the people, that required synergy in oppression still very much intact.

Will I justify or rationalise Dr. Aluko? Definitely not. Here is a thief who has confessed, and brought evidence with which to nail himself. Ordinarily that should be the very last interview he would be granting as a free man, in a very long time. But we all know that may not be the case. In any case, anybody who is caught should face the music, for that little chance for progress.

But time would confirm if Dr. Aluko acted out of contrition, or simply carried out a hatchet job to nail a criminal for a crime that has been committed virtually all over Nigeria. Nigeria would likely benefit from the former, but the latter? Let me just say, this is not the first time election riggers have confessed. The previous riggers did so before a sitting president, and NOTHING happened. No...., scratch that.....something did happen, they have remained relevant in politics ever since.

The sad issue here is, like I said before, its the drama that Nigerians like. We love the smell of good soup, but do not appreciate the effort used in its preparation. We want to jail EVERYBODY, but pay lip service to the process that will ensure that. Take a look at the timeline below: - See more at: http://www.duketundesblog.com/2016/02/the-dawn-of-gates-in-nigeria-when-will.html#sthash.ZMW6mZ38.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

7,000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Benue State / We Don’t Have Funds To Recruit For The Nigeria Police Force Right Now — Arase / Buhari Fires Director-general Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.