Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,903 members, 7,872,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

Hear About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hear About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? (1647 Views)

Igho Sanomi Named In Alison-Madueke & Kola Aluko's $1.7bn Fraud / Have U Hear About Projects 1-9-90 Aka The Law Of Success / Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Hear About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by shevon: 6:48am On Feb 02, 2016
This is not to bring down any business but to bring to the notice of whoever cares about their money and buy things online, especially from Konga. I will still buy things from them but I will NEVER pay before my order gets to me and I'm sure of what they are delivering (except, of course, if I'm paying for my DSTV subscription)
Anyways, let me proceed to tell you what happened.
The first case, I bought a phone for my brother that was returning to school, paid for it using Konga Pay and it was not recognizing any SIM out of the box, I called and I was asked to take it somewhere on Awolowo Road at Ikeja where they told me it will take up to 2weeks before I can get it back. Since I used Konga Pay, of which they committed to give a refund or replacement if you have any issues with orders paid for through Konga Pay, I was told there was nothing they could do since the item is under manufacturers warranty. Was that stated on your site or did you, at any point mention these to your numerous customers? The only thing I got wad that they are sorry and that the only thing they can do was to take the phone themselves to the manufacturer, meaning I will still have to wait for it to be fixed.
As if that had taught me nothing, I placed another order last 2 weeks for a pouch and when I got notification that the seller had notified Konga of the shipment, I noticed the image of the item in the shipment notification was different from what I placed order for. I immediately sent an email and also called Konga to inform them that I will not accept it (before then, I called the seller severally but the person was not picking calls) and I was promised that the item will be checked and if my claim was found to be true, they will return the item and give me back my money - because I was covered by the Konga Pay protection. I still went ahead to cancel the order because the option was open. Last week I got notification for the refund only to realize that they refunded money for the item and not the money for shipping. I called to lodge a complaint and the person I spoke to told me that is the policy: the question again is, where was this stated?
Come to think of it, so we are buying things without assurance that what is being delivered will be acceptable and if it is not, we will be charged for them bringing rubbish. That is the policy of a reputable company in this country? I asked what if I had opted for pay on delivery, will they still ask me to pay for the shipping if I don't like the item and the response I got is "We are sorry for your experience"
Anyways, I intend to explore my options and I will get back my money. I just want to put people on notice that if you buy and use Konga Pay just bear it in mind that if you don't like what they bring to you, you will not get the cost of shipping the item back.
Re: Hear About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by bigtt76(f): 6:57am On Feb 02, 2016
When shopping with Konga or Jumia.... Don't ever pay before delivery is taken. Reduce buying fonts there too (though I've bought two fones on Jumia before without issue but they were newly released fones of which they were the major seller).

I recently ordered some items on Jumia and what was delivered was different from what was advertised. I simply ignored the items and paid for the one I was satisfied with.

Even at that, the one I paid for was supposed to be dark red in color only for me to come see lilac colored item.

I think they now take us all for granted.
Re: Hear About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? by puskin: 7:20am On Feb 02, 2016

(1)

What I Do To Make Averagely N50000 In Online Businesses In Abeokuta, (Must Read) / Fastlaunch Lagos Success Story / Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.