Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,940 members, 7,873,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:51 AM

Toyota Camry 2008 Model With 600,000 Kilometers - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Toyota Camry 2008 Model With 600,000 Kilometers (1877 Views)

Tidy 2013 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic... Asking Price: ₦6,600,000 / One Owner 2009/2010 Kia Sorento With Just 59k Kilometers For Just 1.65M Naira / Super Clean Registered Honda CRV 2013 Model Available For Sale! 20k Kilometers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2008 Model With 600,000 Kilometers by naijacarlovers: 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
As an automobile consultant, late last year I took a client to go and inspect a Nigerian used Toyota Camry 2008 Model (muscle/spider) he wanted to buy. The body of the car was good. The engine sounded ok. The drive had few noises which I felt were manageable.

I now decided to check the mileage and the stalk was broken off. But because the mileage was stuck on Trip B, I decided to confirm so I used my own car's key and pressed the stalk and nearly passed out.

The mileage reading was 350,000 miles. I converted it to kilometers and it was 600,000 kilometers.

I quietly told the client we needed to leave and will get back to the seller.

So far that's the highest mileage I have seen for a private saloon car.

Would you buy such a Toyota Camry?
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Model With 600,000 Kilometers by Inception(m): 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
naijacarlovers:
As an automobile consultant, late last year I took a client to go and inspect a Nigerian used Toyota Camry 2008 Model (muscle/spider) he wanted to buy. The body of the car was good. The engine sounded ok. The drive had few noises which I felt were manageable.

I now decided to check the mileage and the stalk was broken off. But because the mileage was stuck on Trip B, I decided to confirm so I used my own car's key and pressed the stalk and nearly passed out.

The mileage reading was 350,000 miles. I converted it to kilometers and it was 600,000 kilometers.

I quietly told the client we needed to leave and will get back to the seller.

So far that's the highest mileage I have seen for a private saloon car.

Would you buy such a Toyota Camry?

Choi! shocked

Na Buhari Drive am?!

grin
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Model With 600,000 Kilometers by naijacarlovers: 5:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
Inception:

Choi! shocked

Na Buhari Drive am?!

grin

I don't even know what to tell you. For the records, my hand no de ooooo. grin
Inception:

Choi! shocked

Na Buhari Drive am?!

grin

I don't even know what to tell you. For the records, my hand no de ooooo.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Model With 600,000 Kilometers by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
I think your judgment based on mileage is not accurate.
Most Toyotas camrys, corollas etc come from USA and Canada where people cover lot of highway mile. I've seen 2007 camrys with mileage over 600k shipped into the country as tokunbo and one zero deleted from mileage to make it 60k plus...someone will buy happy he got a car with low mileage.There is hardly any toyota and lexus from US without a mileage roll back in Nigeria unless the car must be seriously accidented. This is how dealers make most of thier profit and remain competitive.

I think the main concern is service history and condition of the body and drive mechanism...u can probably negotiate a very low price for the car with the assurance of throwing a new engine inside once the main one packs up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Model With 600,000 Kilometers by naijacarlovers: 6:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
truthbastille:
Most Toyotas camrys, corollas etc come from USA and Canada where people cover lot of highway mile. I've seen 2007 camrys with mileage over 600k shipped into the country as tokunbo and one zero deleted from mileage to make it 60k plus...someone will buy happy he got a car with low mileage.There is hardly any toyota and lexus from US without a mileage roll back in Nigeria unless the car must be seriously accidented. This is how dealers make most of thier profit and remain competitive.

I think the main concern is service history and condition of the body and drive mechanism...u can probably negotiate a very low price for the car with the assurance of throwing a new engine inside once the main one packs up.

I understand your point bro. Remember I said I was consulting for a client. If you were in my shoes will you allow him buy such?

Mind you, in as much as there cars with such high mileage, it is heavy-duty cars that are engineered from the word go for such. So for saloon cars, there will be a lot of material degradation no matter how neat they look.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Model With 600,000 Kilometers by Areaboy2(m): 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
my 2007 camry is currently at 145,000 miles. that should be close to 300,000km. but I can assure you it is one of the best 07 v6 camry full option I've seen. got it two years ago on 137k and till date I have only changed the alternator. of course with the odd stab links here and there due to naija bad Road.

so I do think your judgement based on mileage might be misplaced. if it drives and feels sound, it probably is.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Model With 600,000 Kilometers by lebete3000: 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2016
truthbastille:

Do these dealers usually do same roll-back for Mercedes benz cars too
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Model With 600,000 Kilometers by lebete3000: 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
truthbastille:

Do they do similar roll-back for Mercedes benz too?
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Model With 600,000 Kilometers by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
[quote author=lebete3000 post=43594277]

Do they do similar roll-back for Mercedes benz too?[/quote
Yes. Roll back can be for benz
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Model With 600,000 Kilometers by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
[quote author=lebete3000 post=43594277]

Do they do similar roll-back for Mercedes benz too?[/quote
Yes. Roll back can be done for benz

(1) (Reply)

SOLD - Neatly Used 2002 Isuzu Axiom Full Option - #630k / . / Toks 2005 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor. #2.550m Negotiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.