Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,672 members, 7,948,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

Court Jails Carpenter For Stealing N250 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Jails Carpenter For Stealing N250 (790 Views)

Benue Court Jails Three Herdsmen / Rwandan Court Jails Nigerian Woman Over Drug Trafficking / Pictures Of The Carpenter Who Was Attacked In Kaduna For Eating During Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Jails Carpenter For Stealing N250 by Davidblessing68(f): 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Femi Makinde, Osogbo
An Osun State Magistrates’ Court has sentenced a 26-year-old carpenter Ismaila Alani, to three months imprisonment for stealing a sum of N250.
The magistrate, Mr. Olusola Aluko, while delivering the judgment on Tuesday ordered that Alani should spend the next three months at Ilesa Prison or pay a fine of N2,500.
The convict could not pay the fine and he was taken prison.
The prosecutor, Elisha Olusegun, had told the court that Alani snatched a purse from Mrs. Sanusi Odunola and stole the money from there. The prosecutor added that the act caused a public disturbance.
The prosecutor told the court that the two offences of stealing and causing of disturbance of the public peace were contrary to and punishable under Section 390 (9) of the Criminal Code, Cap. 34, Vol. II, Laws of Osun State of Nigeria.
Alani pleaded guilty to the two counts and begged for clemency while promising not to get himself involved in any criminal act again.

Re: Court Jails Carpenter For Stealing N250 by Flexherbal(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
This is how it is.
Re: Court Jails Carpenter For Stealing N250 by Khan1993: 9:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
They jail someone who stole #250 so quick while those that stole #2.1bn are still on the loose. I think magistrate court should attend to this matter instead of supreme court. #joking
Re: Court Jails Carpenter For Stealing N250 by Davidblessing68(f): 10:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
Khan1993:
They jail someone who stole #250 so quick while those that stole #2.1bn are still on the loose. I think magistrate court should attend to this matter instead of supreme court. #joking

Nigeria lawyer are just something else believe me
Re: Court Jails Carpenter For Stealing N250 by Khan1993: 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
Davidblessing68:

Nigeria lawyer are just something else believe me
I guess its the RULE OF LAW at work

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Carpenter For Stealing N250 by Aromas: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Khan1993:
I guess its the RULE OF LAW at work
I agree with you on that but the rule of law should start from the top.
Re: Court Jails Carpenter For Stealing N250 by Praisemelody(m): 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
250 billion I guess

(1) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu Tax Fraud: The Underlying Evidence / Forest Where IPOB Bury People In Shallow Graves Found In Abia, DSS Takes Over / 5 Parents Who Were Falsely Accused Of Murdering Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.