Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,899 members, 7,980,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 07:14 AM

What A Day! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What A Day! (483 Views)

A Day Away / A Day In The Life Of A Writer / Short Story : A Day In The Life Of Mynd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What A Day! by ElectaAlen(f): 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dear Diary,
     What a day I had yesterday. I finished with my little chores and got my little sister ready for school. Then it was time for my hair. I had my hair washed at the salon just opposite my house and spent some time under the hairdryer. What a relief it was to finally have my head out after a fairly long time. I hurried home to get myself ready to hit the road. I had a breakfast of noodles and a cold bath making me regret not heating up some water. I dressed up in my newest dress- yea, my newest dress- for a reason which I'll reveal later. So, off I went, at about 10:30am, making my way to the National Library. About 30 mins later, I reached my destination. I walked in, took my seat, prayed a short prayer and business began. My special friend was there already. I called him earlier when I was still yet to get there. I'm tempted to give you some gist about him but I'll just exercise some self control. I read. And the time seemed to go by slowly. Then, he walked out. I opened my Whatsapp to meet a message from him saying it was recess time. Soon, I was out. We talked, and talked. We could go on talking for hours in fact. Then, it was time for round 2 and we were back in the library building.
I was losing concentration even more this time. Soon, it'd be time to move. Move to? Not straight home. But to see his friend, a barrister. Maybe my lack of concentration was due to anxiety to meet the man I had heard a lot about, courtesy my special friend. I was the first to come out of the library building. I quickly bought sachet water which I drank and used in washing of my hands. I went back into the compound, powdered my face, and soon he was out too. We began the journey. We got there but the Man was not on seat. My friend called him on phone and told him we were there. He told my friend to order something for me-anything-that's before he gets back to his office. When my friend asked me what I wanted, I refused the offer. The major reason was because my bladder was almost full and I wouldn't be releasing its content soon. Consuming something in this condition would aggravate the present situation. Even if my bladder was empty, I doubt I would have accepted. He begged and begged, even offering to share with me, saying the lawyer wouldn't be happy but I remained unyielding. I waited but soon, I had to go.
Oh, after getting my hair washed that morning and dressing up in my newest gown(because I loved how I looked in it), I didn't get to see Barrister. He'd have been really happy to meet me. My friend felt some pain in his heart with the way things turned out. I wonder what the Barrister would feel. And how do I feel about the failed rendezvous with the Barrister?

(1) (Reply)

Penastory Love Contest Entry #15 – ADEJUYIGBE ADETUTU / Motivating Crew / Register For Art Summer Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.