Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,856 members, 7,879,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Opens Up (516 Views)

Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari / Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Advice Nigerians On Sunday Service(screenshots) / I Will Soon Launch My Foundation; Obasanjo Wanted Third Term – Jonathan Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Opens Up by TopCelebritiesM: 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has kept silence over alleged monumental corruption against his government officials. He opened up recently to journalists in Geneva. Read…
“In Nigeria, other people see us as being very religious. This is because we truly believe that human beings, either by creation or evolution, are made for different purposes. That is why people are in different professions and different callings.
The thing I believe is that I did not go into politics because of what I stood to gain as an individual. I went into politics because I see it as a responsibility to serve and to help my society grow. My reason for going into politics may be different from that of other politicians. I also believe that it takes the sacrifice of individuals to build a society.
Most of these societies that are very well developed were built by the sacrifices of individuals. Some people even died in the process of defending their people and fighting for their wellbeing.
As African leaders we must now be ready to set standards so that other people would begin to emulate us. In Nigeria it is almost taken for a given that anybody who contests for any office would always go to the tribunal to challenge an outcome that doesn’t favour him.
What that suggests is that nobody loses election in Nigeria. That tradition must also change. As a sitting President, I presided over an election in which I contested but lost.
INEC is an independent body but you and I know that the activity of any agency is under the supervision of a President. Some people were telling me to go to the tribunal or even stop the elections, citing cases of irregularities. But I rebuffed such advice. If INEC that was under me, and assuming the officials allowed cheating during... http://www.topcelebritiesng.com/ex-president-goodluck-jonathan-opens-up/
Re: Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Opens Up by Daintelectual(m): 4:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
Sorry I won continue, I won't click! Thanks for the short read.

(1) (Reply)

Military Source: Hijacked Ship Not In Nigeria / Ex FCT Minister In Trouble As Senate Summons Him Over Land Scam / Under Age Voting ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.