Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,243 members, 7,925,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 02:24 AM

Court Jails Two 12 Months For Visa Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Jails Two 12 Months For Visa Scam (379 Views)

Benue Court Jails Three Herdsmen / Rwandan Court Jails Nigerian Woman Over Drug Trafficking / EFCC Arraigns American For $2.3m Visa Scam (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Jails Two 12 Months For Visa Scam by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Wednesday, secured the convictions of the duo of Valentino Chibueze Enudi and Monday Adewale Lawal, charged for cheating and criminal conspiracy before Justice Valentine Ashi of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory sitting in Apo, Abuja.

Enudi and Lawal were arraigned on January 18, 2016 on a 15-count charge which they pleaded not guilty to.

Subsequently, the accused persons, through their counsels, prayed the court to allow them explore the option of plea bargain with the prosecution.

Justice Ashi, granted their prayers and adjourned the matter to February 3, 2016 for the hearing on the amended charge.

At the resumed hearing, the defendants pleaded guilty to a 2-count amended charge.
Testifying, an investigating officer with the EFCC, Isa Mohammed, stated that the arrest of Enudi and Lawal followed a petition received from the British High Commission, on some activities of fraudsters who fake documents in the guise of obtaining British Visas for unsuspecting victims.

Mohammed further told the court that, investigation into the matter revealed some of the forged documents which included statement of accounts and letters of introduction from their purported employers, to the defendants.
http://newsplus.com.ng/two-fraudsters-sentenced-to-12-months-imprisonment-for-fake-visa/
Re: Court Jails Two 12 Months For Visa Scam by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bobby Valentino, Does that guy still rap, I mean sing? Cus right now that track Mrs Officer ft Lil Wayne is playing at the back of my mind.
Re: Court Jails Two 12 Months For Visa Scam by vikacydevato(m): 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Woman, 48, Held After Vomiting Wraps Of Cocaine At Abuja Airport / Prison Authorities Debunk Rumours Of Jail Break / I Hold Yunusa Innocent Until I Hear From Him–sheikh Ahmad (nasfat)- Part 1 Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.