Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit (1287 Views)

Photos Of Buhari And His ADC At The AU Summit In South Africa / Full Speech Of President Buhari At The AU Summit / President Buhari At The AU Gala Dinner Last Night (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 02, 2009
AS African Union (AU) summit begins today in Libya, conflicts on the continent have taken a back seat to a surprise visit by Iran's hardline president and Libyan leader Moamer Gaddafi's drive to create an "African government, Agence France Presse (AFP) reported."

Gaddafi was elected president of the African Union in February, and the self-styled "king of kings" is using his term to press his scheme for African unity under a stronger AU executive, despite objections from key countries including South Africa, the continent's biggest economy.

His drive had already diverted attention from African trouble spots when Tehran announced that President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad would visit Libya today to address the summit, after Iran's top electoral body confirmed his re-election despite massive opposition protests.

Diplomats expressed surprise at Ahmadinejad's visit, indicating Gaddafi had extended the invitation without consulting the bloc's 53 members.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/africa/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=010709&ptitle=Gaddafi,%20Ahmadinejad%20overshadow%20AU%20summit

Have africans gotten this low?
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by Tudor6(f): 6:57am On Jul 02, 2009
Gadaffi is a very stupid man.
He wants an African government so he can rule over us all for life. In his decades as president of libya what has he done for his country?
Tell him to buzz off abeg!
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by TheSeeker(m): 7:57am On Jul 02, 2009
Another reason I would have still loved OBJ to be Nigerian president. Where was he when OBJ was president of the AU? Back to Gadaffi, I think he's being a twisted fool to think he'll merge the whole continent so he can have his craved sovereign rule. Stupid monk!
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by desgiezd(m): 11:38am On Jul 02, 2009
Ghadaffi has a warped thinking enmeshed in a twisted ambition!! The guy thinks too highly of himself. He even calls himself "king of kings". What positive contribution would Ahmadinejad be making at the summit? A man who has been busy insulting and accusing world leaders while his country's economy is crumbling. About time other African leaders call him to order.
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2009
roflmao!!! This is funny stuff!! Africa, na so e be?? roflmao!!
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by dnex(m): 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2009
I won't lie to you, the man has done well for Libya and Really, I have been listening to our king of kings President Moummar Ghadhaffi for a while now and though I'm not a doctor, but from a medical point of view, I can certify that the mad has lost his mind.

Did y'all see what he surrendered as his Nuclear Program? A bunch of pipes!

I have nothing against the Iranian President, but what has he got to teach us? Hardlining?

I'm afear O!
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by kosovo(m): 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2009
Ahmadinejad is my Political Icon.
i see no reason for all the rants. okay?
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by Tudor6(f): 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2009
What'd you expect with a crazy name like kosovo.
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by kosovo(m): 9:44pm On Jul 02, 2009
Tudór, i never knew my name hurts u so much, why not take a rope round your neck and lift your self from a horizontal pole. there you will find peace, Kosovo may not hurt you again.
What a waste of time!
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by Tudor6(f): 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2009
You see yourself?
See the kind of bloody and heartless stuff you think up. . . . No wonder you love ahamadinajad
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by SamMilla1(m): 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2009
The Problem with average Nigerians is that they listen to what CNN feed them.

I am going to say this in bold letters. :
THE PROBLEM OF AFRICA IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND BRITAIN,
CLOSELY FOLLOWED BY SHENGEN POWER HOUSES.
(forget what they tell you about China and Russia)

Lets start from the beginning,
HOW MANY OF US HERE KNOWS ABOUT THE   BERLIN CONFERENCE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Conference and THE SCRAMBLE FOR AFRICA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scramble_for_Africa. Where the Europeans came together to divide Africa among themselves without regard to our cultural differences and languages. To them, we are all the same, The Swahilis, the Hausas, Yorubas and co, Every Black man to them is the same, Then they showed up with weapons and started taking Us away to foreign land to work as their slaves.
While back in their own countries, their various languages is also the names of their countries.

Whereas Germans speak German, France speak French, Italians speak italia, Spain speak Spanish,
The Africans Speak French and English. And Africans are supposed to be the first people who existed.

Good, what about the original Black people of Australia where Queen and her devil councillors declared empty land without inhabitants and then treated Black people under the FAUNA & FLORA act (animal and plant) until 1967.

Now the Whites will tell you not to listen to Ghaddafi and Mugabe and instead listen to George Bush, Bill Clinton and Tony Blair. Maybe because they donate money aids to you.
A man can never survive by accepting fishes from people, until he learns how to kill the fish by himself"

The depth of confusion created by Britain among Nigerians alone can be seen through the actions of today.
Where an Igbo man sees an Hausa ma as enemy yet he sees British man who lives thousands of miles away as a friend. How does that make sense?

If you need salt or oil to cook, who do you turn to if not your neighbour?
Yet they created enmity between us and our neighbours just to satisfy their interests and we are still quarreling today.
What is oil ? The Russians have oil in some parts their countries yet the government , as corrupt as they are uses the money to develop the whole country.

Coming back to the topic

I have always wanted a united Africa, it stands a better chance of eliminating tribal interests once and for all.
Although there will be sacrifices.

Look at other parts of the world, America started the unification of entities,

What some people dont know is that all Americans are not the same.
The people from the Northern Parts of The United States are different from those of the South.
Take TEXAS and CHICAGO forinstance, But they live side by side.

Now the Europeans, they are uniting as we speak, Integrating Some eastern Europeans into the EU.
Using the same currency everywhere. Opening the Borders everywhere.
Now you can fly from Germany to Spain without anybody asking you for Passport.

Why is it a problem for us to consider Uniting as one too?
Or is it because it came from Ghaddafi,  I havent heard him say he is going to be the general Leader.
He just Brought the idea out. Meanwhile someone is still going to be a leader, Ghaddafi or not.

Dont we believe that life would be better for us if we have one Africa ?
Because as far as i can tell , Nigerians are living one of the worst lives i have ever seen,
Where You Spray sheltoxx to kill mosquitos and sleep in the same room over night.

Where people dont have electricity for a continuous 1 week.
Where people steal public funds and still live outside the walls of a prison yard.
Where people stay for hours in a traffic.
Where you cant see traffic lights and zebra crosses
Where people cant go to school because of funds
Where people import fake drugs and poisoned rice  just to make money

And we continue to cling to the Lord Lugard trap called Nigeria.

I think Nigeria should be begging other countries to join hand in forming one Africa since we have 1/5 of the whole African population Trapped there.

If you have your opinion, just  write it here and dont pick one line from everything i said here to tell me i dont know what i am talking about.
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On Jul 02, 2009
YES OOO!!! That Ghaddafi broke protocol in his decision to have Ahmadinajad address the African Union is all CNNs faulT!!!  Yes ooo. . . .  CNN is to blame for the fact that Ghaddafi showed he lacks respect for the opinion of the rest of Africa in this decision.

oooh CNN, you evil monster!!! Oh how we loathe yoU!!!! angry angry angry

roflmao!!!   grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by asha80(m): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2009
People dreaming of united states of africa are jokers.
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2009
why africa !africa why ?
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by noetic2: 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

YES OOO!!! That Ghaddafi protocol in deciding that Ahmadinajad address the African Union is all CNNs faulT!!!  Yes ooo. . . .  CNN is to blame for the fact that Ghaddafi showed he lacks respect for the opinion of the rest of Africa in this decision.

cant make a meaning out of this.

What EXACTLY is ur point?
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by SamMilla1(m): 10:28pm On Jul 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

YES OOO!!! That Ghaddafi protocol in deciding that Ahmadinajad address the African Union is all CNNs faulT!!!  Yes ooo. . . .  CNN is to blame for the fact that Ghaddafi showed he lacks respect for the opinion of the rest of Africa in this decision.

You see what i said at the bottom of my post .
I knew someone will just pick one line out of everything and analyse it.

Inviting Ahmadiejad to address AU is no big deal, is it?
What is Ahmadinejad going to do? Convince us to hate the America i guess?

What if what he is going to say will help Africa? Or shouldnt we hear him out first atleast?
Or are you expecting him to invite Gordon Brown or Sarkozy to come and give a donation Promise instead of practical solutions for our problems?
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by bawomolo(m): 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2009
the problem here is that he was invited without ghadaffi consulting anyone.

ghadaffi is a rogue and a kwama nkrumah wannabe.
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by blacksta(m): 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2009
Tudór:

grin grin
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by SamMilla1(m): 11:05pm On Jul 02, 2009
bawomolo:

the problem here is that he was invited without ghadaffi consulting anyone.

ghadaffi is a rogue and a kwama nkrumah wannabe.

No, Ghaddaffi told those who needed to know.

I posted this news on my website 2 days ago.
The caption was actually  " African Union Invites Ahmadinejad to summit"
Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi was also Invited.
Why are people not raising dusts about him?

If you dig deeper, you will know that presidents know too,
Besides he is just coming to make a speech.
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by asha80(m): 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2009
Sam Milla:

No, Ghaddaffi told those who needed to know.

I posted this news on my website 2 days ago.
Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi was also Invited.
Why are people not raising dusts about him?

The other 53 members where not aware.So who are those who need to know?
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by Kobojunkie: 3:28am On Jul 03, 2009
Why you dey ask. CNN was the only one supposed tto know now. All 53 members of AU are irrelevant. grin
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 03, 2009
Sam Milla:

You see what i said at the bottom of my post .
I knew someone will just pick one line out of everything and analyse it.

Inviting Ahmadiejad to address AU is no big deal, is it?
What is Ahmadinejad going to do? Convince us to hate the America i guess?

What if what he is going to say will help Africa? Or shouldnt we hear him out first atleast?
Or are you expecting him to invite Gordon Brown or Sarkozy to come and give a donation Promise instead of practical solutions for our problems?

What exactly is Ahmadinejad going to tell us about our problems that we dont know already? How to build a strong a economy or how to build nuclear bombs against the west?
Is he going to call for justice against the racist and deadly president of sudan?

Which issue does he have the moral grounds to advise us on?
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by desgiezd(m): 8:42am On Jul 03, 2009
kosovo:

Ahmadinejad is my Political Icon.
i see no reason for all the rants. okay?

This is an open forum where people are expected to express their views freely and intelligently.

For you to call views of others "rants" says a lot about you.

Anyone can be your Political Icon for all I care.
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by no21: 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2009
Kobojunkie arent you an idiot?
Someone asked what your point is and you are typing CNN here.
From your posts here on this forum, its clear you stand no where.
You just pick what people say and discuss them without bringing out your own opinion or agenda.
Rubbish.
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by Tudor6(f): 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2009
Just a few posts old and you're already throwing insults?. . .welcome to NL.
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by no21: 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2009
Yes, What else can you tell an idiot who enjoys his stupid ideas just because no one tells him?
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by chidichris(m): 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2009
Yes, What else can you tell an idiot who enjoys his stupid ideas just because no one tells him?

@no21,
nobody is telling him bcs we are all tired of talking. if u know what it means to pour water on a stone, or even slogging a dead rat. that guy in question is past praying for. remember, this is internet, different ppl, different everything. some mentally challanged ppl cld also be here to catch their own funs. pls do not be that angry.

The Problem with average Nigerians is that they listen to what CNN feed them.

I am going to say this in bold letters. :
THE PROBLEM OF AFRICA IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND BRITAIN,
CLOSELY FOLLOWED BY SHENGEN POWER HOUSES.
(forget what they tell you about China and Russia)

Lets start from the beginning,
HOW MANY OF US HERE KNOWS ABOUT THE BERLIN CONFERENCE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Conference and THE SCRAMBLE FOR AFRICA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scramble_for_Africa. Where the Europeans came together to divide Africa among themselves without regard to our cultural differences and languages. To them, we are all the same, The Swahilis, the Hausas, Yorubas and co, Every Black man to them is the same, Then they showed up with weapons and started taking Us away to foreign land to work as their slaves.
While back in their own countries, their various languages is also the names of their countries.

Whereas Germans speak German, France speak French, Italians speak italia, Spain speak Spanish,
The Africans Speak French and English. And Africans are supposed to be the first people who existed.

Good, what about the original Black people of Australia where Queen and her devil councillors declared empty land without inhabitants and then treated Black people under the FAUNA & FLORA act (animal and plant) until 1967.

Now the Whites will tell you not to listen to Ghaddafi and Mugabe and instead listen to George Bush, Bill Clinton and Tony Blair. Maybe because they donate money aids to you.
A man can never survive by accepting fishes from people, until he learns how to kill the fish by himself"

The depth of confusion created by Britain among Nigerians alone can be seen through the actions of today.
Where an Igbo man sees an Hausa ma as enemy yet he sees British man who lives thousands of miles away as a friend. How does that make sense?

If you need salt or oil to cook, who do you turn to if not your neighbour?
Yet they created enmity between us and our neighbours just to satisfy their interests and we are still quarreling today.
What is oil ? The Russians have oil in some parts their countries yet the government , as corrupt as they are uses the money to develop the whole country.

Coming back to the topic

I have always wanted a united Africa, it stands a better chance of eliminating tribal interests once and for all.
Although there will be sacrifices.

Look at other parts of the world, America started the unification of entities,

What some people dont know is that all Americans are not the same.
The people from the Northern Parts of The United States are different from those of the South.
Take TEXAS and CHICAGO forinstance, But they live side by side.

Now the Europeans, they are uniting as we speak, Integrating Some eastern Europeans into the EU.
Using the same currency everywhere. Opening the Borders everywhere.
Now you can fly from Germany to Spain without anybody asking you for Passport.

Why is it a problem for us to consider Uniting as one too?
Or is it because it came from Ghaddafi, I havent heard him say he is going to be the general Leader.
He just Brought the idea out. Meanwhile someone is still going to be a leader, Ghaddafi or not.

Dont we believe that life would be better for us if we have one Africa ?
Because as far as i can tell , Nigerians are living one of the worst lives i have ever seen,
Where You Spray sheltoxx to kill mosquitos and sleep in the same room over night.

Where people dont have electricity for a continuous 1 week.
Where people steal public funds and still live outside the walls of a prison yard.
Where people stay for hours in a traffic.
Where you cant see traffic lights and zebra crosses
Where people cant go to school because of funds
Where people import fake drugs and poisoned rice just to make money

And we continue to cling to the Lord Lugard trap called Nigeria.

I think Nigeria should be begging other countries to join hand in forming one Africa since we have 1/5 of the whole African population Trapped there.

If you have your opinion, just write it here and dont pick one line from everything i said here to tell me i dont know what i am talking about.

@sam milla,
u have done a wonderful job here and such long stories are designed to uplift ur personality but what u have succeeded in doing here is making a mess of who u are. if cnn and bbc, america and britain are the problems of africa, who is ur hero?
have u ever been in contact with an iranian? what are the achievements of ur hero? the most important thing about the iranian president is that he wants isreal wiped out of the surface of the earth. on the other hand, has he come to inform africans the need to develope weapons of mass destruction? gaddafi in a normal situation has siezed the govt of libya for years without making room for change. is he ever thinking of what will happen when he dies? at the end of the day, libya will become gaddafi property with one of his sons taking over when he dies.
if i may ask, where do u get ur news from since cnn and bbc are not good.
i am sure ur type will ban all foreign medias in nigeria if u are made president and then force local ones to write in ur favour or leave nigeria.
the whites that we hated so much in south africa made them what they are today(no 1 in africa). with all our wisdom and knowledges, where are we till date? etiopia rejected the foriegn govt and we know the story of etiopia today. it is time we faced the truth. we need them and looking towards iranian direction will take us 50 yrs backward.
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by ikeyman00(m): 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2009
ok

[size=21pt]its has been cancelled folks

the iranians arent coming anymore [/size]
source bbc
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by SamMilla1(m): 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2009
@chidichris , maybe we should just state our points without calling names.

I didnt say Iran or Iranaian is my hero.
Neither is America or American.

How did Whites make South Africa what it is ?
Whites didnt make south Africa what it is.
Whites claimed south africa as their own,
killed the indegenes ,
infected them with aids through Injections before
surrendering to the indegines after many years of apathied, torture and rape.

Do not see the development in South Africa as what whites did for Africa,
they did it for themselves because thats their Place.
Thats where they know. Got that.

Quote me, Nobody likes violence but a generation of South Africans will grow up one day to question why their forefathers allowed the whites to own almost all the important lands in Cape town, Jburg and co.

Then the Land revolution that happened in Venezuela and Zimbabwe will take place,

Read your history son, Physics and Biology are not all that is there to study.

just like bob marley said : HALF OF THE STORY HAS NEVER BEEN TOLD
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Jul 03, 2009
@SamMilla, I would have responded earlier but I decided to sit back and allow the numknots finish insulting themselves before coming back to respond. It is usually the best way to get real good debate around here. Wait for the DRIVE-BY Insult gang to finish throwing their tantrums and then the thread is back to focus.

Now, we have a thread here on Ghaddafi DISRESPECTING the other members and Nations in the AU by making a decision most all on his own to decide a the president of a NON-AU member should come in to address the AU.

You come in to tell us that the problem with average Nigerians is that we listen to CNN, when this is not about CNN or what media source we use here but the fact that the man disrespected the whole of Africa by his action.

Now, I understand you may blame Ahmadinejads reputation maybe all CNN manufactured but come on, even recent events point to that not being the case. But I just fail to see the relevance of your putting that biased view out on this particular thread. What in the world has the berlin conference or anyone's view of whites to do with this particular thread? It just baffles me that we have people who can be this one-track minded.
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by philip0906(m): 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2009
bumper 2 bumper no need 2 ask no question just follow my lead , won komi rush rush like d indomie cos they don't want to miss 2 get d glitz grin grin grin
Re: Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit by kosovo(m): 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2009
As expected, pathetic fellas.
let the rants continue.
Kobojunkie  has always been a noise maker, so nothing unusual.

Tudór.
Just a few posts old and you're already throwing insults?. . .welcome to NL.
learn how to make use of your STUPIDITY.

Ahmadinejad IS a very nice man, and i see no reason for the hates, okay? that said and done.
everyone stop this MADNESS.
what a waste of bandwidth

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eb / Katsina State To Airlift 500 Muslim Pilgrims Today / Festus Keyamo Missing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.