Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,650 members, 7,951,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:05 PM

How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone (1427 Views)

The Most Used Mobile OS On Nairaland , All Vote Now. / How To Install Windows OS On Any Android Phone | No Root Acess Required / How To Install Remix Os On Your PC [edited] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone by reedonne: 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
REQUIREMENT

Android Phone
and GNUROOT DEBIAN APP

Installing DEBIAN
- Download gnuroot debian from
* https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gnuroot.debian&hl=en google play or
* https://apkpure.com/gnuroot-debian/com.gnuroot.debian

Open the downloaded app and click on install, it will show its terminal and will start installing Debian ROOT on your android
After the installation, you can launch debian terminal from the app by clicking on launch, and use Linux Command Line Interface (CLI)

If you a need a full graphical enviroment, you can install it by clicking install X support(Note:It require internet connection) and launch it by clicking launch X.

4 Likes

Re: How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone by khalhokage(m): 4:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
People still do this shit in 2016?! Don't continue!
Re: How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone by Marshall2010: 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
Keep am to ur self we no need am
Re: How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone by reedonne: 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
khalhokage:
People still do this shit in 2016?! Don't continue!

It is not about getting likes, I just want to know if people are interested before writing it.
Re: How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone by sats: 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
seriously?
something i can google
whoever liked it, should unlike it
dont continue
hiss
Re: How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone by stanboy28(m): 7:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
sats:
seriously?
something i can google
whoever liked it, should unlike it
dont continue
hiss
did u know that u are stup.d for saying dis trash.. ...if u can't wait while nt start googling nw instead of ranting as if the op mash ur d.ck.........if u are interested and Kant wait... .....ogbeni google is ya frnd. .....next time use ya head think nd nt ya d.ck
Re: How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone by stanboy28(m): 7:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
Well op....to be sincere am not interested but move on.. ...it might help someone. ......more oil to ya engine
Re: How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone by sats: 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
stanboy28:
did u know that u are stup.d for saying dis trash.. ...if u can't wait while nt start googling nw instead of ranting as if the op mash ur d.ck.........if u are interested and Kant wait... .....ogbeni google is ya frnd. .....next time use ya head think nd nt ya d.ck

stanboy28
Time registered: July 07, 2014

when i joined nairaland, you didnt know what internet was
you have internet now and you think you can talk undecided
go ahead, run your mouth some more
you are not worth my time
we no be mate ... nairaland and real life ... hiss
next post abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone by micholalo(m): 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
reedonne:
REQUIREMENT

Android Phone
and GNUROOT DEBIAN APP

I need 5 likes to continue

Don't continue abeg . hang it there
Re: How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone by stanboy28(m): 2:25am On Feb 06, 2016
sats:

stanboy28
Time registered: July 07, 2014

when i joined nairaland, you didnt know what internet was
you have internet now and you think you can talk undecided
go ahead, run your mouth some more
you are not worth my time
we no be mate ... nairaland and real life ... hiss
next post abeg
i don't like the attitude u put up there.. ....well it's not my post bt guy.. ..he no fair to bash pesin like dat. .......respect..
Re: How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone by reedonne: 11:21am On Feb 06, 2016
USING X-Support with external VNC viewer

VNC(Virtual Network Computing) viewer is an application that allow you to control your system remotely. GNUROOT use this application to access the graphical user interface of Linux on Android

The internal VNC viewer of GNUROOT DEBIAN may not work well on your phone or may not have some feature you need, you can use GNUROOT with any VNC viewer, just download the VNC viewer from google play
Create a new profile and set its Adress to "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" and its port to "5951"
Some VNC viewer does not have port field, on these kind of VNC viewer just write "127.0.0.1:5951" to address field

After launching X from the GNUROOT app, goto your VNC viewer and connect to the profile you created. IF it ask for password use "gnuroot"

(1) (Reply)

How To Revive A Dead Mediatek Android Phone By Joining The Mother Board Points / How To Buy Recharge Card From Your Bank, The Easiest Method / See Specs And Price Of The Latest Infinix Hot 4 X577

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.