Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,082 members, 7,939,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! (47468 Views)

This Is What I Wore To Interview Today. / We Solved WAEC Questions In A Job Interview Today / Workforce Invites For Interview Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
Good one bro
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
is not ur time bro
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by cutetopsey(f): 8:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
ok
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by Engrr(m): 8:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
@ op, thanks for sharing this as people will learn a lot of lessons from it. The same thing actually happened to me and I am still waiting and hoping that I will be called again.
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by PeinDanzo(m): 8:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
End time job interview
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by shamecurls(m): 8:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
Sincerely....You need to come to redeem Camp tonight.

You need a 777 deliverance (7 candles, 7 brooms and 7 robes)

Re you from Edo state? If so....You need to go and seek mercy from the Flying Eagles team in your village
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by shamecurls(m): 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2016
PeinDanzo:
End time job interview

grin grin grin
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by 100Cents: 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
Always be professional.

In a coporate environnent, be business like and never say any negative thing.

Distance yourself from negatively minded people.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by gidjah(m): 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
Not to worry bro, you like my type, over confidence and anxiety at times, but all d same you killed it man, you were the bomb,you gave them your best , better opportunuties some other time.Entreprenuere all the way
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by judedwriter(m): 8:11pm On Feb 05, 2016
Failure @ d edge of success sad I too messed up an interview and missed out narrowly.
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by idu1(m): 8:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
No problem.
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by emydot(m): 8:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
Take heart OP.. Its one of those things. I understand how you feel coz I've been in such shoes before where interviewers will keep you waiting for hours before they show up. I've gone for an interview too before where I was told to come back another day.. Only on the day of the interview, I was asked what I do in my current job.. That was how I started blabbing. I later heard it cost me the job. The main thing is learn from your mistakes and move on.
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by vikeyz(m): 8:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
They will call you back, have faith wink
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by okeyngene1: 8:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
Quit touching, bro I tink God wnt u 2 be an employer of web developers instead of working for someone else.
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by Hearbreaker: 8:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
Sorry bro.

I think it's a big lesson about life in general. Even the bible cautions against it.

Never speak ill about anybody and an organization.
Simply say "They are trying their best".
Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by judedwriter(m): 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
shamecurls:

Re you from Edo state? If so....You need to go and seek mercy from the Flying Eagles team in your village

grin cheesy comedians dey for nairaland o

1 Like

Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by macklef(m): 8:20pm On Feb 05, 2016
I thought u wanted to say he asked u ur favourite song and u said lilkesh efejoku

1 Like

Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by tayexz(m): 8:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
hmmmmmmm awon lalastical at work
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by foody(f): 8:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
Do you live in Osun State, If you do consider yourself employed. whatsapp me on 08131338888.
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
Op can you hack Salt encryptions....
if so, I may have a job at the end of my sleeve.
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by instinctg(m): 8:24pm On Feb 05, 2016
his an id1ot , thats no reason for him to reject your application, you will definitely get a better offer soonest
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by iammayour(m): 8:25pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ok
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by DedeNkem: 8:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
jayhumble:
I got a call from one of the telecom companies yesterday afternoon regarding an application I put in as far back as November last year. Anyway... Fast-forward to the interview. I woke up very early and prayed, cleanup and get set. Tho I'm a self employed software developer but who wouldn't want to work with a big telecom company or any government offer? I applied for Web Developer position and when I got there... I met about 5 other applicants; it took forever for the GM to show up since the HR teams said they can't proceed with interview without the authority of the GM. Since 8:30am when I got there... The GM didn't show up until 12:15pm...Well, I still didn't mind cuz I was enjoying the AC and free WiFi. All thanks to the front desk lady who gave me the WiFi password cool cheesy I was already crushing on the bae and hoping to y'knw get close once I get employed haha wink.... OK... Fast forward to GM arrival.
The GM checked the list of invitees and gave the HR greenlight to interview us. We were given a very technical online timed test and somehow it was just 2 out of 6 of us that made it to the interview stage cuz after the test, they told me and one other dude to wait behind while they told the other guys that they appreciate their interest blah blah blah we will call u talks (discharging them)
The HR team interviewed the last 2 standing and we both made it past the interview stage and then we were taken to the GM's office for final stage.

GM: Oh just two of you made it here...

Me & Guy: Yes sir

GM: Ok so do you have any past projects done by You? I want to see your past works on Web Development.

Guy: I didn't come along with my flash drive sir, I was hoping we would have our competency tested on company's system.

Me:.... Silent as I watch guy trying to bail himself out of the rope thrown to his neck!

GM: Oh you are not serious... You mean you never have a thought of coming along with you past projects? You wanted to convince us verbally? Oh no we don't work like that here... Go get your past project and come back next time.

(that leaves me as the last man standing meanwhile I have turned on my laptop and started digging out all the websites I built for people and all Web application jobs I ve done in the past from Java to php to ASP. Net and html css)

GM: Young man I see you are all set to present your competency. Let me see what you have to offer

Me: moved closer to his desk and showed him my works and he was quiet impressed. He called someone from the software support department to come and check me out and the dude asked me alot of questions you wouldn't know if you are not used to Web applications development just to know if I am truly who I say I am.

GM: Ok we have an on going project and I'll be glad if you can assist the software support department in executing the project cuz we don't have time.

Me: It'll be my honor sir. I have always have passion for software development and it would be a plus to exhibit my capability for this company

GM: so I'm sure you want big money for salary now

Me: I care more about skills and experience sir. Money will come anyway

GM: (he became very free and less official) We actually need 2 people but with your works so far I'm sure you can do both jobs cuz we need graphic designer and Web Developer and most of your websites comes with photoshopped graphic designs with the slides. I hope the owner of those jobs paid you well. You must be a big man ooo

Me: (Felt comfortable and lose guard my official mode thinking we were just gisting). Most of those clients don't pay me good, I didn't enjoy working for them

(Na so the man change everything for me and everything went 360 in a blink of an eye)

GM: Haha so that's how you will say someday that our company don't pay good and u don't enjoy working for us...

(Well, the rest is history...) he already had the Secretary preparing my employment papers so I can start on Monday but he halted everything and called the HR department in front of me informing them to source for a new Web Developer. The rest is history...

Lesson : Regardless how excited or confident you feel during a job interview, Do NOT EVER EVER tarnish your past employers or clients even if they made you go thru hell, just lie that you enjoyed them and wish you were still there....

Well I came back home in A very depressed mood and I thought I should help a potentially vulnerable person not to make such mistake.

I hope I feel a bit better after pouring my heart out.

Sometimes it's good to just keep your mouth firmly shut! Such question doesn't necessarily need an answer!

I would behave the same if I were the GM. He got what he never wanted in his company when you gave that dumb response.

Good you've learnt a lesson. Always let your qualifications speak for you and ONLY respond to necessary questions with common sense!

1 Like

Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by Mekurexx: 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
Really sad and regrettable. I have definitely learned from this
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
I need someone to train me on graphics and web design. Mr OP,Can we relate?
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by VickyRotex(f): 8:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
Awwww. I'm glad you learnt your lesson.

And it feels so good to know you dont want someone to make the same mistake.

Better opportunities ahead.

2 Likes

Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
jayhumble that my email address auduabass2015@yahoo.com would like to have a discuss with you
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by VickyRotex(f): 8:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
shamecurls:

lol. This is funny. But I got something out of it.

Thanks for making me tune into the live stream of the HolyGhost Service currently going on. I totally forgot it was today.

Thank You! smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by tafrica(m): 8:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
@Jayhumble, sorry for that ugly experience, you will surely come out stronger and wiser. Better offers on the way.

BTW, Do you teach people?
Re: How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn! by somez(m): 8:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
That video has lots of lessons to be learnt.
Sanchez01:
Ouch! That was way close. Sometimes, some of the so-called comedy clips online serve educational purposes. Please, kindly find time to download "FRANK DONGA's" (his name in the skits) clips on Youtube. Tarnishing the reputation of past employers before a potential new one is a way of saying "I'll do the same to you, it's only a matter of time".

This is obviously one lesson learnt and most "technical" advisers on Nairalander have never focused on this angle. I hope you get a positive and better experience cum interview soonest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah / Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? / How To Pass First Bank Aptitude Test!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.