Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,783 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court (27386 Views)

Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court / S’court Justices Under Probe Withdraw From Sittings / S’court Ruling: Nobody Can Steal My Mandate, Says Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by henrydadon(m): 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
when u bribe does who ought to be bribe in nigeria. .u have no problem again..your problems are solved

2 Likes

Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by shamecurls(m): 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
Caseless:
cos he helped to unseat his 'lordship in corruption' aka ineffectual-B?

Go and die

I beg leave trash for E-wailer
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by chrisxxx(m): 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
bettercreature:
Gang of robbers,You just signed death warrant of several innocent people comes 2019

No more reliance on tribunal all electoral malpractices will be settled on election day

Nobody has monopoly of violence,Wike will meet us there in 2019
When it comes to violence you will always be a student to Wike.
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
bettercreature:
Gang of robbers,You just signed death warrant of several innocent people comes 2019

No more reliance on tribunal all electoral malpractices will be settled on election day

Are you going to be there personally or you just hide behind your computer to troll around.. .
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by doctokwus: 9:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
Selective use of the electoral act by the SCJ.
No where is law interpreted without taking reality into play.
No matter how some try to rationalize this,the supreme court has taken us back to 2007.
For those claiming the sc interpreted the law rightly, can anyone explain under which provision in the constitution the SC ruled that Peter Odili had perpetual injunction from being prosecuted?
Just as that of Odili was wrong, these election ruling in Rivers and Akwa Ibom are also wrong and no one shud justify the SC!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:

Pls summarize it for me love I hope they don't blame somebody again
Go and read
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:

Pls summarize it for me love I hope they don't blame somebody again
Go and read
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
ndcide:

Look at them...Janjaweeeds

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I don dey think this supporter of APC since Nov/Dec...
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by Sultanchidi(m): 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
shamecurls:
The Judiciary is the most corrupt institution in Nigeria.

We only get to see that of the Nigerian police.....The Judiciary is worst
pls is it bcus APC lost? Wat abt d other states dat APC won at d supreme Court ar dey also not corrupt
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by linearity: 9:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
vedaxcool:
So the card reader cannot be used side by side with voters register which can easily be tempered with strange names like bill Clinton voting in Nigeria?

These people enjoy on dwelling on technicalities rather than substance. They have condemned many to premature deaths by rejecting a fundamental blockage to violence. Rather than work for progress they have have become stumbling blocks. The same judges will gleefully tell you court has powers to make the law through interpretation but it seems when it comes to law benefiting the general public they hide their elitist heads in laws that are not progressive.

I don't think that is what the judgement said, in summary, it is saying that; the card reader can be used side by side with the voters' register; but if there is a dispute or discrepancy, the voters' register supersedes.

In essence, I cannot be denied the right to cast my vote, if the card reader invalidates me, but my name is on the voters' register; which makes a lot of sense.

Even in the US, electronic machines are not used to validate voters on Election Day....when you go to your district to vote, your name will be manually lookup on the district hard copy printed voters' register and you will be asked to sign against your name on that printout before a voter's ballot will be giving to you, which you will tender at the entrance of the voting booth before been allowed to vote.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by OlujobaSamuel: 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
now we have to start doing forensic test for fingerprints of all voters in order to prove that they were the one meant to vote.
hope SC will not come tomorrow with another jargon, telling us why it's impossible and improper to demand for analysis of all ballot papers.
mbok, if election time come and our legislooters never change that part of the electoral act, just sit down for your house if you feel that going out no safe.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by shamecurls(m): 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sultanchidi:
pls is it bcus APC lost? Wat abt d other states dat APC won at d supreme Court ar dey also not corrupt

Not with regards to the electoral cases

Just saying in general
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 9:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
Angelberry:

Go and read

I have bibliophobia
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by Sultanchidi(m): 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
shamecurls:

Not with regards to the electoral cases
Just saying in general
ok now i understand u better, u ar right sha
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by ilyas26(m): 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Archaic analogue judges
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

Can you give me a reason to vote for Bruce??
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by olajizz01(m): 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hope PDP wont wails till eternity in the next election when APC uses force to wins some states in SS with the loopholes created by supreme court that non using of card readers do not invalidate an election no matter how violence it may be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by excellentmomma(f): 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
bettercreature:

Hahahaha
Your moniker says it all "embittered creature"

If you like go and kill your innocent self and blame the judges, if you die, na Sara. Amaechi your lord go still dey pose for Abuja.
Sorry for your loss you hear. Apc to rule Rivers no be by force. Oyegun has finally spilled the beans, bunch of oil producing states mongers.
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by danmasani101: 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
bettercreature:

Habaa mai haka.........You are already talking of death threat during 2019 election while we are still in 2016.

May evil you wish others befall you & your family
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by nwadiuko1(m): 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by nwadiuko1(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
in a lay man's understanding it means that....the voter's register is the landlord while the finger print machine is the security man that scans and allows visitors in........the Supreme Court is saying the if there is a visitor that the security man does not recognize.......the visitor can still come in if the landlord can vouch for him........

3 Likes

Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by excel101(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
bettercreature:

. This is an empty nd dry reaction, when it matters most Wike defeated u clean nd clear, cos its directly from the supreme court. Remember u can't intimidate Wike cos he's like a lion.
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by Donjowebs(m): 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sincerely,to me the all the Supreme Court has said is "technicalities". The onus is now on INEC, the NA and probably the Executive to push through and/or repeal laws that will empower the Card Readers. From these interpretations the apex court has just opened a blank cheque for electoral impunity.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by lailo: 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Card reader was d reason wy PDP could not do much abracadabra in 2015 elections like b4,which means if manual was totally disallowed,PDP wouldn't have won a single election.Thanks to Prof Jega and APC(for credible opposition) that demystified PDP's monopoly of electoral fraudulence since democracy returned by advocating for d almighty card reader.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by hassymo5(m): 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
supreme court didn't do anything wrong ....they are just following the lay down rules as stiputed...
in the electoral act....

Nass should amend the electoral act...as quickly.. as possible to include the card reader....

but I know Nass they won't....
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
If we argue from now till tomorrow, nothing will change UNLESS that NASS amend the electoral to give legal backing to the use of card readers in Nigeria's elections.

Until this is done, ELECTIONS WILL BE BLOODY in naija.
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by bettercreature(m): 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
danmasani101:

Habaa mai haka.........You are already talking of death threat during 2019 election while we are still in 2016.

May evil you wish others befall you & your family
Evil will befall you and your family
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by olajizz01(m): 10:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
doctokwus:
Selective use of the electoral act by the SCJ.
No where is law interpreted without taking reality into play.
No matter how some try to rationalize this,the supreme court has taken us back to 2007.
For those claiming the sc interpreted the law rightly, can anyone explain under which provision in the constitution the SC ruled that Peter Odili had perpetual injunction from being prosecuted?
Just as that of Odili was wrong, these election ruling in Rivers and Akwa Ibom are also wrong and no one shud justify the SC!
True talks,those senile judges had taken us back to 2007 in which we witnessed the most bloodiest election ever since 1999,with the sc judgement,election has returned to the era of do or die.
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by danmasani101: 10:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
bettercreature:
Evil will befall you and your family

So you know its bad to wish other people death....

Kai wana irin mutun ne .........the level of hatred flowing in your veins ....Hmmmm
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by 4nobody4every1: 10:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
Caseless:
cos he helped to unseat his 'lordship in corruption' aka ineffectual-B?

Go and die
.....Hehehe grin grin cheesy cool
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by 4nobody4every1: 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
Keneking:
English Language sef .....where is lalasticlala sef?

This is Common Sense codified at a very high cerebral level.

Basically, the outcome was 6-1. Huge loss to the Labour Candidate in this Ebonyi case.

The terms below was deployed to intimidate and harass unlettered Nigerians. Anyway, I am watching them closely.

1. Bowdlerise sef
2. Paternity sef
3. Anaemic sef
4. Fortoiri sef
5. Probative value sef
6. Probative pedestal sef

All I see is English language been weaved around simple common sensical proposition and discharged randomly in quick succession. grin
You are a clownnnnnnnn cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court by udemzyudex(m): 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
bettercreature:

Lol... U go just die for nothing

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chief Of Army Staff Conference Abuja (photos) / Hate Speech Bill: Wole Soyinka Writes Nigerian Senate / Buratai Orders Evacuation Of Stranded Passengers On Maiduguri-damboa Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.