Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,566 members, 7,911,472 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 11:11 AM

Travel Literature. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Travel Literature. (543 Views)

Nairaland Literature Award 2017 / The Need To See Literature Differently / Monitizing The Literature Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Travel Literature. by RemenZack(f): 5:45am On Feb 08, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

If you think Travel Literature is not a real thing, read the following facts below then;

The Genre of Travel Literature includes adventure literature, exploration literature, guide book writing, nature writing, and outdoor literature, as well as accounts of visits to foreign countries.

The Travel Genre was a fairly common genre in medieval Arabic literature.

One of the earliest known records of Travel Literature is taking pleasure in travel for the sake of travel and writing about it.

Travel books range in style from the documentary to the evocative, from literary to journalistic, and from the humorous to the serious.

They are often associated with tourism and include guide books, meant to educate the reader about destinations, provide advice for visits, and inspire readers to travel.

Travel writing may be found on web sites, in periodicals, and in books. It has been produced by a variety of writers, such as travellers, military officers, missionaries, explorers, scientists, pilgrims, social and physical scientists, educators, and migrants.

Some known Travel Writers from the earliest of Centuries include, Odyssey, Decimus Magnus Ausonius, George Shelvocke, Daniel Defoe, Jonathan Swift, Lady Mary Wortley Montagu and so much more.

Wouldn't it be a pleasant idea to Travel all around the world and also get to write about it? I know it would!

Re: Travel Literature. by wazupguy(m): 9:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
it will be an interesting piece tho..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: 1970 / Effective Steps On How I Naturally Motivated My Dream Life To Reach My Life Pot / Betrayal Of Love Chapter Five

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.