Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,739 members, 7,952,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:43 AM

Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office (863 Views)

Lawyer Scaled Fence Into Office, Stole $40,000 – Witness / How We Rigged Fayose Into Office – Ekiti PDP Secretary / Why Obama Is Not Backing Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by bashali: 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2009
Why Obama can't visit Nigeria, by aide
From Laolu Akande, New York

PRESIDENT Barack Obama's White House has now openly deemed Nigeria's 2007 elections among polls in Africa that are "problematic." Hence Obama will not visit Nigeria during his trip to the continent because of this issue.

During a media briefing late on Wednesday, at which senior White House officials including Michelle Gavin, Obama's White House Senior Director for African Affairs briefed reporters about the U.S. president's trip next week to Russia, Italy and Ghana, an American journalist from Associated Press asked "why this is so important to include Ghana on this trip?"

Gavin replied that it made sense for a number of reasons to include Ghana "particularly in light of the fact that there have been some worrying trends in Africa recently. We've had, frankly, a number of coups: Mauritania, although that seems to be getting on the right track now; Madagascar; Guinea; a problematic election in Nigeria, in Kenya, in Zimbabwe; you have this third-term bid that's led to a rule by emergency decree in Niger."

The previous U.S. administration had also criticised the 2007 Nigerian election alongside several others in the international community. But the Obama administration has been silent until Wednesday when the White House openly labelled certain elections in Africa as problematic.

While there are electoral problems in several other states of Africa, including Nigeria, the White House senior official disclosed that President Obama "wanted to stop in Ghana particularly because he's interested in emphasising themes of governance - the importance of governance for making development progress, the importance of governance for stability."

She said Obama felt that "Ghana is a truly admirable example of a place where governance is getting stronger, a thriving democracy. They just had an extraordinarily close election at the end of last year, decided ultimately by about 40,000 votes, that remained peaceful. Power was transferred peacefully, and they continue to pursue a development agenda and bolster the rule of law."
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2009
Nigerians and conspiracies! @Poster, which one be Yar adua was rigged into Office by Obama Aid now? Which Obama aid? What happened to the “OBJ FORCED Yar adua us” theory?
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by Gbawe: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Nigerians and conspiracies! @Poster, which one be Yar adua was rigged into Office by Obama Aid [/b]now? Which Obama aid? What happened to the “OBJ FORCED Yar adua us” theory?

If you inspect the thread title you will actually realise it should not be interpreted literally . It is likely that the poster meant to write something to the effect : "Yar Adua was rigged into office [b]according
to an Obama Aid" .

I think you are too eager to repudiate the notion that OBJ forced Yar Adua on Nigeria to the extent that you do not bother to even inspect certain statements for common sense. It is illogical to think that anyone would write that an Obama aid rigged Yar Adua into power given that Obama himself was still only a Senator when UMY became President of Nigeria.
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by Kobojunkie: 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2009
Hey, if that is what you want to cling to, be my guest!! I don't pretend to have mind reading abilities, as you supposedly believe you do, hence the reason why my post is more in the form of questions to the @Poster to extract more information on the particulars of his post. If you had taken your time to examine my post, you would have figured that out but I guess that is too much for you. grin
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by kosovo(m): 10:57pm On Jul 03, 2009
i know what this poster wants.
Nigerians are too DUMB!
What a waste of energy checking!
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by Gbawe: 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Hey, if that is what you want to cling to, be my guest!! I don't pretend to have mind reading abilities, as you supposedly believe you do, hence the reason why my post is more in the form of questions to the @Poster to extract more information on the particulars of his post. If you had taken your time to examine my post, you would have figured that out but I guess that is too much for you. grin

I wish I had mind reading abilities but I don't . I think I have common senses that provides a good substitute to mind reading for fathoming what is logical and sensible as seperated from what is patently outlandish and improbable. I think it is obvious that the poster did not mean to insinuate that an Obama aid rigged Yar Adua into power as President of Nigeria !!!!!!
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by desgiezd(m): 11:22pm On Jul 03, 2009
Now its time to reap the fruits of improper elections!!
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Jul 03, 2009
Good for you!! grin
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by kosovo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2009
I wish I had mind reading abilities but I don't . I think I have common senses that  provides a good substitute to mind reading for fathoming what is logical and sensible as seperated from what is patently outlandish and improbable. I think it is obvious that the poster did not mean to insinuate that an Obama aid rigged Yar Adua into power as President of Nigeria !!!!!!
so what message did u pass?
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by presido1: 11:26pm On Jul 03, 2009
@Gbawe

I seems you are new to NL, small small you will learn who to respond to his post and who not to.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by kosovo(m): 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2009
@Gbawe

I seems you are new to NL, small small you will learn who to respond to his post and who not to.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!
Adviser presido1, your name alone is so pathetic.
your post is abusive
your advise is plain, baseless, worthless, stupid, useless, unimaginable, unassuming, unintelligent and punishable.

Now as a matter of urgency, it's time to actually REBRAND this portion of Nairaland.
i mean it and i am damn serious about it. okay?
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by presido1: 11:38pm On Jul 03, 2009
kosovo:

Adviser presido1, your name alone is so pathetic.
your post is abusive and a dent to ever judicious nairalanders.
your advise is plain, baseless, worthless, stupid, useless, unimaginable, unassuming, unintelligent and punishable.

Now as a matter of urgency, it's time to actually REBRAND this portion of Nairaland.
i mean it and i am damn serious about it. okay?

Are u kobojunkie in disguise?
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by kosovo(m): 12:14am On Jul 04, 2009
Are u kobojunkie in disguise?
DUMB!
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by presido1: 12:39am On Jul 04, 2009
kosovo:

DUMB!
Is that all?
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by kosovo(m): 12:44am On Jul 04, 2009
Is that all?
keep talking
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by bombay: 7:24am On Jul 04, 2009
Bush no rig election for florida na today na how to solve the situation be the matter now.
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by kosovo(m): 7:45am On Jul 04, 2009
ohk
Re: Obama Aid: Why Obama Can't Visit Naija Because Yar Adua Was Rigged Into Office by Becomrich: 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2009
you forget obama is born again. so he would not support rigging.

(1) (Reply)

Make your next cargo and shipping experience to Nigeria simple / Yar'adua Looks Very Very Sick! / Fuel: Black Marketers Take Over Abuja - Stations Hoard Product In Lagos - Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.