Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,483 members, 7,885,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:25 PM

Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos (18335 Views)

Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria / News: Aedc(abuja Electricity Distribution Company) Office In Bwari Shut Down / NLC Tarrif Protest: Wisdom Or Wickedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by Nairalandar: 1:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
Na wah oo
Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by talk2archy: 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
Keneking:
Jonathan handed over dumb private managers to run our electricity distribution in Nigeria

u have succesfully completed ur assignment today.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by saintkel(m): 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
We r trouble in dis country o, PMB dey 5day vacation say wetin happen sef?

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by cizy: 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
Thank goodness the headless dullard is on vacation, else, he'd have sent his blood thirsty soldiers to go waste innocent blood of these protesters..

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by viktor01(m): 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
ok,
Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by stharrykay(m): 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
Keneking:
Jonathan handed over dumb private managers to run our electricity distribution in Nigeria
you are not serious, why haven't ur president change him the way he did others if he is dumb? You are surely the dumb one

4 Likes

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by cizy: 2:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
yaki84:

I love dis ur courage, u hv swore not to stop blaming jonathan.
I salute ur steewpeedity!

Even dictionaries would not fail to change the spelling of stupidity to his moniker or real name. That guy has taken stupidity to a point never attained before by any one..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by Silencerh(m): 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
Keneking:

It pissed me off when i see people like you blaming Goodluck Jonathan for what ever happen, had it been Privatization in the Power Sector was successful or it yields the expected result(s) you wont be saying all these. Jonathan did his best for this country but his case is like a brilliant guy writing in an exam hall full of olodos, there will be distraction from every corner and at the end of the day he wont be able to answer all the exam questions which will in turn result to failure. Jonathan is a very good and God fearing man #myopinion#

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by blazetitov: 2:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
Corrupt NLC. They obviously don't know what it takes in terms of investment to provide stable electricity for a complex society like Nigeria. No investor will want to put his or her money in a business that is not sustainable unless we are asking government to subsidize electricity again. It is capital intensive to generate and distribute electricity. A simple check on google will confirm this. We can't eat our cake and have it. Nigerians should choose between darkness and payment of commensurate fee for electricity.

I pay N4000 every month on electricity and N3500 when i have the time to monitor the usage of power in the house. We need culture change also, the era of leaving your frontage bulb on 24/7 is fast gone.

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by moshould(m): 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Na everybody get generator Why are u in support of this pple, d pple are already suffering, what do u want ddem to do Abeg it it's easy for u, pls call me and show me d way 08024051913...because iits not easy down here in ma hood...pple dey suffer..many wants to work, no job..

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
Silencerh:

It pissed me off when i see people like you blaming Goodluck Jonathan for what ever happen, had it been Privatization in the Power Sector was successful or it yields the expected result(s) you wont be saying all these. Jonathan did his best for this country but his case is like a brilliant guy writing in an exam hall full of olodos, there will be distraction from every corner and at the end of the day he wont be able to answer all the exam questions which will in turn result to failure. Jonathan is a very good and God fearing man #myopinion#
you made same assertion as the first poster.

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by Reference(m): 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
They should sit down jare. Are they not the ones that introduced us to the 'generator' sub-culture. The 40 thieves of every Alibaba since independence.
Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by SolexxBarry(m): 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pray its successful,we can't pay more for darkness undecided

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by klarke(m): 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
sagio09:
They are mostly igbos undecided,anything good dix sidelines are against it.now d increased tariff dat will generate more revenue for d government so that dey will carry their duties along/successful dey re naw against it...issorai sad

Don't let your senseless hate for igbos give you heart attack.

3 Likes

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by jumich1(m): 2:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
sagio09:
They are mostly igbos undecided,anything good dix sidelines are against it.now d increased tariff dat will generate more revenue for d government so that dey will carry their duties along/successful dey re naw against it...issorai sad

Receive sense IJN

4 Likes

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by Chukazu: 2:28pm On Feb 08, 2016
NLC is a By-word.
hearing that name makes me yawn these days.
gone are the days when the actions of NLC would bring any government to negotiating table... these days what you have are self-serving, contract seeking labour union.
Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by WaffenSS(m): 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
What these jobless busybodies dont understand is that electricity has been commoditized with the ESRA 2005 law. For every commodity you consume you must pay.

Besides the tariff hike was by NERC, and service charge has been removed. They should go and protest at the government.

This rubbish is sponsored by PDP elements in the NASS.

When banks introduced all sorts of fees, they didn't protest. When telcos raise tariffs or steal our data they didn't protest. When dstv and startimes are ripping customers off they didnt protest. When BDCs made dollars expensive they didn't protest.

And probably the NLC HQ is owing the discos sef.

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by AroOkigbo(m): 2:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
sagio09:

poverty made you to leave your parents to go and stay with your maternal uncle.
when you become independent and start paying bills, you'll see the fo'olishness in your post and bitterness towards an industrious tribe.
EWU CONGO!

4 Likes

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by Chukazu: 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
blazetitov:
Corrupt NLC. They obviously don't know what it takes in terms of investment to provide stable electricity for a complex society like Nigeria. No investor will want to put his or her money in a business that is not sustainable unless we are asking government to subsidize electricity again. It is capital intensive to generate and distribute electricity. A simple check on google will confirm this. We can't eat our cake and have it. Nigerians should choose between darkness and payment of commensurate fee for electricity.

I pay N4000 every month on electricity and N3500 when i have the time to monitor the usage of power in the house. We need culture change also, the era of leaving your frontage bulb on 24/7 is fast gone.

what exactly are you talking about
that pple who know nothing about electricity are in incharge of keep increasing tariff at will without commensurate increase in electricity supply

that they keep sending pple "estimated bills" without provision of pre-paid metre is ideal

no investor will put money on what is not sustainable... which investor want to reap where he has not sown except a thief

"era of leaving front bulb on for 24/7... I beg who get light for 24/7

3 Likes

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by Penco2020(m): 2:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
Keneking:

If Jonathan had done what u said, must buhari hu promise heaven n earth continue d same way.
Na change of promise now not promise of change.

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by blazetitov: 2:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Chukazu:

what exactly are you talking about
that pple who know nothing about electricity are in incharge of keep increasing tariff at will without commensurate increase in electricity supply

that they keep sending pple "estimated bills" without provision of pre-paid metre is ideal

"era of leaving front bulb on for 24/7... I beg who get light for 24/7

I had constant light for 40 hours straight over the weekend. I never said any of the the bolded words. The fact that there are fraudulent activities in the administration of electricity does not debase the fact that it is capital intensive and investors expect returns on their investment. Estimated bills are criminal and i believe the Discos are working hard towards provision of pre-paid meter(which i don't like, i prefer the old one) because it is now a regulatory issue.

I will be glad if you can mention the fact the there are areas where people dont pay electricity bills at all. The remove their wires in the morning and use a long wood to replace it in the evening. Am a living witness of that scenario. lets look at the issue at hand holistically.

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by 9jatatafo(m): 3:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
They shouldn't only protest the electricity tarrif hike but also bill estimation

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by MzGwen: 3:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
sagio09:
!
that's why u will keep living in doom dummy head!
what concerns tribe n national protest by nlc anu mpama!
nerc increased the tariff by 45% and its a way to get revenue for the govt to our own detriment! ask ur self how many politicians pay light bill?

3 Likes

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
They should go to hell joor there is nothing wrong in increasing elec tariff after all you all voted for change

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
sagio09:
must you call us out..amebo

2 Likes

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by sagio09: 3:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
ellacute45:
must you call us out..amebo
geeerrraarrahiaaa angry...who cald u out attention seeker?is ur birth name igbo undecided?okay I've noticed you wink.den vamoussss angry!!!
Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by monex(m): 3:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
Abbycite:
That is d kind of stupid protests that derailed every tangible policies of past governments. I dont know how dis pple use their brain, but am sure it is not used optimally. When GEJ attempt subsidy removal, these so-called labour leaders in collaboration with some political dickheads, organize d largest protest ever witnessed in d country. Fastforward to December 2015, we paid dearly for it by purchasing fuel for as high as 500 naira per litre.

If I spent an average of 500 naira per night to power my generator without protesting to anybody, why should I protest a fee increase of 10 naira which acumulate to a sum of 300 naira in a month for 'NEPA'.

do you use 1 kwh per per day?

most people use an average of 20kwh which translates to 6000 naira per month.

to put this in context, EKEDC charges me 31 naira per kwh now and is to increase to 41 naira per kwh with the new tarriff. Luckly my estate got an IPP (using gen, modular gas and maybe EKEDC) that offers 24 hrs power at 45 naira per kwh. some 24 hrs generator estates in lekki charge 60 naira per kwh. With the size of a disco, it is normal to expect them to charge slightly less. note that EKEDC, even with my R2 line is not providing more than 12 hrs daily.

should i then celebrate EKEDC for giving me 12 hrs power a day at 41 naira per kwh when small IPPs can give me 24 hrs at almost same price. if making me get 24 hrs power means I pay almost as much for generator supplied power then I wonder what the whole fuss is about.
Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by kingdavid09: 4:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
i think the protest is belated it would have been more effective if it had taken place before implementation of the increment.In fairness to fellow Nigerians the increment will further worsen the economic woes of Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
sagio09:

geeerrraarrahiaaa angry...who cald u out attention seeker?is ur birth name igbo undecided?okay I've noticed you wink.den vamoussss angry!!!
gerrout joor.. grin

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by BeardedMeat(m): 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
Keneking:
Blamers are Zombies and Zombies are blamers.

1 Like

Re: Live: NLC Tarrif Protest At AEDC Abuja - Photos by biteck(m): 6:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
blazetitov:
Corrupt NLC. They obviously don't know what it takes in terms of investment to provide stable electricity for a complex society like Nigeria. No investor will want to put his or her money in a business that is not sustainable unless we are asking government to subsidize electricity again. It is capital intensive to generate and distribute electricity. A simple check on google will confirm this. We can't eat our [b][/b]cake[b] and have it. Nigerians should choose between darkness and payment of commensurate fee for electricity.

Who ate the cake.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Grants Agbele Bail, Awards N5m Damages Against EFCC / 2023: Nobody Wants You At Federal Level – Primate Ayodele Warns Tinubu / Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.