Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,119 members, 7,943,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:39 PM

Lassa Fever - What I Still Don't Understand - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lassa Fever - What I Still Don't Understand (462 Views)

Constant Fever, What Can Be The Cause And Solutions ? / Lassa Fever: 9 Die In Ondo, 36 Cases Recorded / I Took Abortion Drug, But Didn't Bleed, Am I Still Pregnant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lassa Fever - What I Still Don't Understand by etebefia: 1:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
there is lassa fever in town and we have read reports that this lassa fever has kills so many people, what i understand is that the Lassa virus is a member of the Arenaviridae virus family. Similar to ebola. my question then is why is the Federal government not handling the Lassa Fever case as that of Ebola? why are the victims not properly isolated, why are there no follow up to people that had contacts with the victims, why is there no much awareness like we saw during Ebola outbreak?. this lassa fever is spreading like wildfire and the Federal government through Ministry of Health and Communications seem not to be bothered. why?
as i write this many people are be confirm to have this virus especially people coming from the rural areas. please all agencies and media houses should create enough awareness so that this epidemic disease will be successfully defeated.
the mods Sissy3 and dominique please help create the awareness FP!!
Re: Lassa Fever - What I Still Don't Understand by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 09, 2016
I wonder too. Waiting for answers.

(1) (Reply)

Brave Woman Battling Terminal Cancer Writes Incredible And Heartbreaking Letter / Why Spending Money On Pedicure When You Can Make Your Feet Look Nice With This.. / Wat Is The Cure For Std

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.