Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,714 members, 7,882,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:07 AM

NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House - NYSC (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House (2590920 Views)

NYSC 2018 Batch A Corps Members House / Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members / NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (2142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by iyke1989(m): 9:02am On May 07, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:

LOL @"mods don baff"?
yes ke...!! their body still dey smell from miles away!!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 9:03am On May 07, 2016
yorme:

Iyke don vex!!!

Dreamcome2ru, I dey come oh! Make I fill up this 80-leaves big note with my view of the topic first...
LOL,Oga Prof,oya nah,I go wait for una.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by iyke1989(m): 9:04am On May 07, 2016
yorme:

Iyke don vex!!!

Dreamcome2ru, I dey come oh! Make I fill up this 80-leaves big note with my view of the topic first...
those guys no dey try at all bro..
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 9:18am On May 07, 2016
I believe the emphasis of the topic being discussed is the bolded below:

Kids in primary/basic levels are below-par, spoilt and virtually empty

Reflexing on my primary school days, discipline was the core of every single school I knew of. Parents were always ready to hand over their wards to teachers to "handle" for them - I was a case study myself.

Things have changed. Teachers dare not lay hands on their students. Else, prison yards are not far from their domain.

What exactly changed?

I believe it's the mindset of PARENTS. Yes, parents! But I won't blame them wholly for this.

Let's start with the source itself - the schools. Education, unlike in our days, has become a "get-rich-quick" scheme, though with quality. More emphasis is being placed on the fee, making it seem the fee is equivalent to the quality of educational contents their students would get. But minus adequate discipline.

Now, tell me. Which parent would pay an exorbitant amount of money to have their wards trained, only to have them beaten like trash? None, I believe. That'll make me also blame parents. All they believe schools are meant for is for acquisition of basic knowledge - minus discipline. "Teach my ward, I'll discipline him myself" is now their mantra. But do they actually discipline them?

I'll keep asking myself that same question, as the primary education system gradually continues to rot.

I'll say no more.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 9:35am On May 07, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:
As we all know that education plays a major role in every humans life,be it young or old,infact education is a life-long activities.
Formally,it start from the Creche-Nursery-Basic then to secondary levels to the tertiary level,am always happy to discuss with the old generations when it come to their educational life,it's fun,they always said"Our primary level determine who we are today"Alas,reverse is the case today,kids in primary/basic levels are below-par,spoilt and virtually empty,this is indeed sad and dangerous to our nation and citizens at large,i believe there is a factor responsible for this sad event in kids/pupils of nowadays.
The question is:Is the Teachers responsible for this?Or the Parents?Or the Government.
Everybody involved has a share of d blame.

charity always begin at home, d parents have more roles to play in d development of their kids.. what do they expose d kids to? do they have time for dem ? how do they take care of their education?,do they make sure their kids go to skul early? etc.

TEACHERS; I dont blame them much, yes! well, some of them dont show good attitudes toward their jobs..but, do they have the necessary tools to carry out their jobs well? do parents encourage dem by monitoring their kids after school? do the government provide everything needed for proper education?

I went to a public primary school, my mum was a teacher and she played an important role in my development.

I will continue later in d day.

cc

dreamcome2ru

chumaster

yorme

ruthobaz

greycious

missbeebee

starryv

patty2014

titanium38

iyke1989

manus17

boyembo

tenderblaze

kapable75

Tracer

dottunne

and all

3 Likes

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 9:49am On May 07, 2016
yorme is very right..talking of discipline.

" Let's start with the source itself - the schools.
Education, unlike in our days, has become a "get-
rich-quick" scheme, though with quality. More
emphasis is being placed on the fee, making it
seem the fee is equivalent to the quality of
educational contents their students would get. But
minus adequate discipline."

that is why I will also blame d government for what they have turned our public schools into..

they have indirectly privatized our education sector by not maintaining our public schools and thereby giving rooms for(Poor) private schools to gain ground

I am a product of public primary school.. grin

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 10:00am On May 07, 2016
yorme and justified10,thank you brothers for that great input,I hope otther citizens will follow suit.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 10:04am On May 07, 2016
iyke1989,haha,you following 97 ladies on NL,too much,too bad o,God have mercy.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by iyke1989(m): 10:06am On May 07, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:

Elaborate on it please.
The major character with the behemothic influence to change this decay is the government; but we know the state of the economy, education has always been the least of their worries, so gradually the sector dwindles. Salaries of teachers who are supposed to be the key to resurrecting the system are being owed or insufficient, hence their lackadaisical commitment to nurture their pupils or students. Impoverished instutions of learning; the crappy outlook of most Nigerian schools both primary and secondary is scary, dilapidated buildings, classrooms without ceilings, chairs and desks, disturbed ventilation, even a prison cell in the US is more conducive for learning... its unlike schools in most developed nations where ud almost mistake a highschool for a college cos of the facilities put in place...The Nigerian govt is not ready for that at least not anytime soon
The teacher on the other hand is a factor generated by the Oga at the Top (govt)...the teacher is a mere element regurgitated by the educational system overseen by the "govt" from time immemorial...Meaning to say so that Teachers have only gone bad when the govt did too...that notwithstanding Teachers are supposed to save face and uphold the profession's name to its expectations....only a few with morals go the extra mile and participate in painstaking activities just to achieve expected results e.g govt no provide chalk today so no class today, and he or she is damn right about his nonchalance! but a good teacher buys the chalk for the day and teaches..Also, some teachers are half baked without the necessary pedagogic skills to exert appropriately....hence their mediocre impartation to pupils and students ( blame it on the govt).
Parents, although a nominal factor of the lots, play a significant role in the educational build up of a learning child....continuous and persistent encouragement and guidance is needed from them....and negligence of this could wreck the learning timeline of the child.
The learning child is the core of it all.....and the factor with the least blame, cos all factors influence it all it does is adjust to suitable and preferable factors....but with the preset function of good and bad a learning child has got options.... although, dismissible, a pupil/student is liable for its academic performance a unit large! smiley

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by iyke1989(m): 10:12am On May 07, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:
iyke1989,haha,you following 97 ladies on NL,too much,too bad o,God have mercy.
hihihihi....issit my fault? cheesy
searching for ur particular missing rib is a difficult something grin
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 10:19am On May 07, 2016
iyke1989:
The major character with the behemothic influence to change this decay is the government; but we know the state of the economy, education has always been the least of their worries, so gradually the sector dwindles. Salaries of teachers who are supposed to be the key to resurrecting the system are being owed or insufficient, hence their lackadaisical commitment to nurture their pupils or students. Impoverished instutions of learning; the crappy outlook of most Nigerian schools both primary and secondary is scary, dilapidated buildings, classrooms without ceilings, chairs and desks, disturbed ventilation, even a prison cell in the US is more conducive for learning... its unlike schools in most developed nations where ud almost mistake a highschool for a college cos of the facilities put in place...The Nigerian govt is not ready for that at least not anytime soon
The teacher on the other hand is a factor generated by the Oga at the Top (govt)...the teacher is a mere element regurgitated by the educational system overseen by the "govt" from time immemorial...Meaning to say so that Teachers have only gone bad when the govt did too...that notwithstanding Teachers are supposed to save face and uphold the profession's name to its expectations....only a few with morals go the extra mile and participate in painstaking activities just to achieve expected results e.g govt no provide chalk today so no class today, and he or she is damn right about his nonchalance! but a good teacher buys the chalk for the day and teaches..Also, some teachers are half baked without the necessary pedagogic skills to exert appropriately....hence their mediocre impartation to pupils and students ( blame it on the govt).
Parents, although a nominal factor of the lots, play a significant role in the educational build up of a learning child....continuous and persistent encouragement and guidance is needed from them....and negligence of this could wreck the learning timeline of the child.
The learning child is the core of it all.....and the factor with the least blame, cos all factors influence it all it does is adjust to suitable and preferable factors....but with the preset function of good and bad a learning child has got options.... although, dismissible, a pupil/student is liable for its academic performance a unit large! smiley
Thanks for the input.

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 10:20am On May 07, 2016
iyke1989:
hihihihi....issit my fault? cheesy
searching for ur particular missing rib is a difficult something grin
Chai,it is well.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 10:23am On May 07, 2016
Iyke, take am easy oh! My dictionary no dey nearby fa!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by iyke1989(m): 10:26am On May 07, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:

Chai,it is well.
lol....if u help me see her sha...Helep me connekt am come
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by ChuxMyk(m): 10:27am On May 07, 2016
iyke1989:
hehehehe....no vex na dreamcomtru I be wan name grin
Lol. I for fear na. Me wey like meat pass rice
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by ChuxMyk(m): 10:27am On May 07, 2016
patty2014:
Good morning all!
good morning ma
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by iyke1989(m): 10:29am On May 07, 2016
yorme:
Iyke, take am easy oh! My dictionary no dey nearby fa!
I pray o.....any vocabulary dey there? Na Senator Patrick own we go open dico for fa!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by ChuxMyk(m): 10:30am On May 07, 2016
justified10:
dont mind them..

you dont expect someone whose name is crazyman not to be crazy na..

abi how does yokiti sound? doesn't it sound scary!?

Hahahaha. Your ban is inevitable. Lmao. But I dey ur back. I wan see as e dey be. Lol. grin. Ban me MOTHERFUCKERS

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by iyke1989(m): 10:31am On May 07, 2016
ChuxMyk:

Lol. I for fear na. Me wey like meat pass rice
no go bite ur finger as u dey chop the meat o....we still mmneed you to dey type "hello" once-once grin
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by ChuxMyk(m): 10:35am On May 07, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:

My brother,even ghost do appear at critical times,I believe they will honour their mentions before dawn,and if not,then the meaning of moderators need to be check in the dictionary again,there is this mod that goes with the moniker Lalasticlala(Don't know if i got it right)he use to reply his mentions when critical issues are being discussed,i hope they will follow his footstep.
Lalasticlala na my man na. Na d only mod I know sef.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by ChuxMyk(m): 10:36am On May 07, 2016
yorme:
Make una reduce the intensity of una vexing ontop this ban matter oh!

Justified, 10th edition...I sight you. For those who have also had a taste of the NL prison, Chuxmyk, Chumaster, Dreamcome2ru, StarryV (in anticipation), Titanium38 + others I can't remember... Twale for the experience oh!

Iyke1989, yours and Tracer's na today!! No carry Belle come back oh!

Good morning, y'all!
I Neva taste o. Abi dem ban me all those days when I bn no dey around?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by ChuxMyk(m): 10:39am On May 07, 2016
Titanium38:

I dunno dear. I guess they have their reasons..

na wa o
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by ChuxMyk(m): 10:42am On May 07, 2016
iyke1989:
no go bite ur finger as u dey chop the meat o....we still mmneed you to dey type "hello" once-once grin
Lol. Note taken. grin grin
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 10:54am On May 07, 2016
ChuxMyk:
Lalasticlala na my man na. Na d only mod I know sef.
But atimes,he dh fumble,but he's a good mod.

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 10:58am On May 07, 2016
iyke1989:
lol....if u help me see her sha...Helep me connekt am come
On top the 97 virgins you dh follow?very soon,u go carry dt ur third leg go meet government.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 11:01am On May 07, 2016
ChuxMyk:
Hehehehe,u sabi Ana Banner?if u sabi her,dem go soon ban u.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 11:01am On May 07, 2016
ChuxMyk:
Hehehehe,u sabi Ana Banner?if u sabi her,dem go soon ban u.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 11:05am On May 07, 2016
ChuxMyk:

Ehnehn... maybe I dey wish am for you too sha.

Back to the discussion, the government isn't to be left out anyways. But I'll keep the burden of the blame on the parents' head! Who born dem pikins wey dey spoil? Who go chop the pains of the spoilt brat pikin? No be them majorly... I no know if T-b***z was a victim of such a system sha
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by iyke1989(m): 11:10am On May 07, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:

On top the 97 virgins you dh follow?very soon,u go carry dt ur third leg go meet government.
really? government na which gal monicker? hope say she fine? grin
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 11:15am On May 07, 2016
ChuxMyk:

Hahahaha. Your ban is inevitable. Lmao. But I dey ur back. I wan see as e dey be. Lol. grin. Ban me MOTHERFUCKERS

See as ban dey dance for middle of ya head!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 11:17am On May 07, 2016
iyke1989:
really? government na which gal monicker? hope say she fine? grin

Check the girl out! She too make sense die!
https://www.nairaland.com/government
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 11:19am On May 07, 2016
Hmm too many grammars for me to search for.. Where ma dictionary mbok smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (2142) (Reply)

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House / Nysc 2015 Batch A / NYSC 2015 Batch B House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.