Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,269 members, 7,881,032 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:12 AM

12 Killed As Suspected Herders Attack Benue Villages - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 12 Killed As Suspected Herders Attack Benue Villages (610 Views)

Daughter Killed , Mother Injured As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Benue - Graphics Pics / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Yelwa & Maisamari Villages In Taraba, Kill Many (Graphic) / Fulani Herders Pray At Graveyard Of Their Members Killed In Kaduna By Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Killed As Suspected Herders Attack Benue Villages by NLban: 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
[size=14pt]
12 Killed as Suspected Herders Attack Benue Villages
[/size]
Alexandra Gyang

Suspected Fulani insurgents Sunday launched a fresh attack on the people of Buruku Local Government Area of Benue State leaving at least 12 people dead while dozens of others were displaced.

The local government chairman, Godwin Iorsue, and the Divisional Police Officer, DPO in the area, who were returning from the scene of the attack, narrowly escaped death when the insurgents allegedly ambushed them.

A resident of the area, Nomor Iorbee, who fled the troubled area, said the assailants invaded the area in the wee hours of Sunday and sacked two major settlements including Tom Anyiin and Tom Ataan communities all in Mbaya, Tombu council ward in Buruku Local Government Area.

Iorbee said as at the time of going to press that his wife and children were also missing and was still searching for them.
www.today.ng/news/national/76477/12-killed-as-suspected-herders-attack-benue-villages
Re: 12 Killed As Suspected Herders Attack Benue Villages by justiz5(m): 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
NLban:

www.today.ng/news/national/76477/12-killed-as-suspected-herders-attack-benue-villages

When will these people stop terrirising the peace loving farmers in the middle belt
Re: 12 Killed As Suspected Herders Attack Benue Villages by chomchom1(f): 3:53am On Feb 09, 2016
benue state is in d hand of God
Re: 12 Killed As Suspected Herders Attack Benue Villages by Flexherbal(m): 4:12am On Feb 09, 2016
This is tough!
Re: 12 Killed As Suspected Herders Attack Benue Villages by NLban: 9:57am On Feb 09, 2016
Flexherbal:
This is tough!
Amen.

This is one of the reasons why I do not believe in PMB, even after voting for him. He must address this Fulani Militia to earn my trust.
Can the Fulanis or any other tribe in the North contain or accommodate this kind of ethnic cleansing from other tribes for this long?

Can other tribes who reside in the far North, lay mayhem on the indigenes of the Northern States and still have the Northern Emirs or their elder statesmen keep quite for this long?

Do the Fulanis have the right to continue to hold the People of Middle belt to ransom?

So many unanswered questions!!!
Time shall tell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Killed As Suspected Herders Attack Benue Villages by justiz5(m): 10:31am On Feb 09, 2016
NLban:

Amen.

"This is one of the reasons why I do not believe in PMB, even after voting for him. He must address this Fulani Militia to earn my trust".

Can the Fulanis or any other tribe in the North contain or accommodate this kind of ethnic cleansing from other tribes for this long?

Can other tribes who reside in the far North, lay mayhem on the indigenes of the Northern States and still have the Northern Emirs or their elder statesmen keep quite for this long?

Do the Fulanis have the right to continue to hold the People of Middle belt to ransom?

So many unanswered questions!!!
Time shall tell
Don't drag PMB's name into this. The people of Middle Belt have always received their fair share of the Fulani Militia before he came into power. Even when the previous governments were there, these crisis still persisted. So do not make it look like he is the cause.

The simple and bitter truth is that, 'the people of middle belt do not have a voice, neither do their prominent sons and daughters care about the lives of the ordinary middle belters'. The governments of the affected region both in the past and present, have all done very little to curb this menace which has already started spreading to other parts of the country.

You can't attack people from other parts of the country the way the middle belt is attacked and have their leaders pretend as if all is well.

This is where I suggest for regional militial if the government can't help. Let the people rise on their 'four' feets and save their region.
Re: 12 Killed As Suspected Herders Attack Benue Villages by NLban: 10:53am On Feb 09, 2016
justiz5:

Don't drag PMB's name into this. The people of Middle Belt have always received their fair share of the Fulani Militia before he came into power. Even when the previous governments were there, these crisis still persisted. [iSo do not make it look like he is the cause[i].

The simple and bitter truth is that, 'the people of middle belt do not have a voice, neither do their prominent sons and daughters care about the lives of the ordinary middle belters'. The governments of the affected region both in the past and present, have all done very little to curb this menace which has already started spreading to other parts of the country.

You can't attack people from other parts of the country the way the middle belt is attacked and have their leaders pretend as if all is well.

This is where I suggest for regional militia if the government can't help. Let the people rise on their 'four' feets and save their region.

I never mentioned in my post that PMB is the cause of the people's woes. But as a leader and a President of Nigeria and someone who should understand the importance of peace and the role it plays in a multi ethnic and socio cultural society which he happens to lead. The issue of militia by the cattle rearers should have been on top of his priority list.

Secondly, the issue of regional militia is a move which will definitely undermine the peace of not only the affected region, but that of the whole country. So leave that issue and raise another better one. But in case you do not have, you can do your self good by keeping quite. No insult intended

(1) (Reply)

12 Asian Men Sentenced To 140 Years For The Sexual Abuse Of A 13 Year Schoolgirl / Lagos Police Boss Arrests Driver, Conductor Over Impersonation (photo) / NDLEA Busts Nigerian- Mexican Drug Cartel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.