Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,471 members, 7,971,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:42 PM

What Went Wrong With Fashola? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Went Wrong With Fashola? (39728 Views)

Amaechi All Smiles As He Stepout With Fashola At Channels TV Gala Night In Lagos / Angry Benin Residents Meet With Fashola During His Visit To Edo State. / Tinubu's War With Fashola And Bukola Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by IVORY2009(m): 12:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
Fashola? The only formal governor that does not sign cheque, from my own view, the three ministeries given to him are too big for him to cope with, housing, power and works.
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by light004: 12:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
mikolo80:
you've forgotten lekki toll,university fee hike and 35,000naira traffic violation penalty ba. he just there to 'privatise ' things for elite (him and tinubu crew). but at least they get sheet to work so well support them till Ben Bruce become governor (hope he stops thinking like koro)

When we told them that Fashola is over-hype, they rained abuses and insults on us that we were only jealous of his achievements. Well, they say the leopard can't change its skin. The thing is, most people were carried away by his well articulated words, polished manners and public composure that they felt he was different from the lots. All was simply a deceit, a make believe that they knew the people will buy.

His true nature will be unmasked soon enough for all to know. Neither did he care about Lagos or Lagosians but how he can become a powerful political broker to be reckoned with in Nigeria. He's not different from the regular politician that's greedy, power hungry and desperate. Analyse his actions and comments when he was governor; they were elitist in nature. He's a capitalist at heart and believes that nothing should be offered for free no matter how essential it's. There is no poor man in his lexicon. Find out the state of our primary and secondary schools in Lagos and you will be shocked the level of decay for a state with the highest IGR and debt in the country. Uncompleted projects are scattered across the length and breadth of the state. How people came about that he's the reference point when it comes to good government in Nigeria beats my imagination.

I'm not surprise by his action in increasing the electricity tariff and I obviously expect more.
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Paentera(m): 12:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
obailala:

First of all, "beta soup, na money dey inside," in other words, if you must have better services, you must be ready to pay the price; this has always been Fashola's philosophy from his rampant toll gates and the school fees hikes so it is only someone (like yourself) who doesn't really know Fashola that would think he has changed. This is even just the beginning, just sit back and wait for the series of toll gates that would begin to spring up all over Nigerian major roads. Unfortunately, considering the paucity of funds in the government today, tolling everything (in the Fashola way) might just be the only way in which Fashola might be able to perform any of his acclaimed wonders in his present office.

Now regarding the electricity tariff hike, that is absolutely not Fashola's doing, the plan to hike electricity prices has been in the 'Roadmap to power sector reforms' which was constituted I think since the days of Yaradua. A major part of that roadmap includes the privatisation of power generation and distribution and a review of tariffs to encourage investors who have since lamented that they would make no profit at the current rates. The privatisation aspect has since been completed but operation hasn't really begun because the previous government was either still negotiating tariffs or was too scared to announce the new tariffs, hence even though these companies have been privatised, the FG was still paying billions to offset bills for the private companies (in the form of subsidies).

If there is anything which is good about the new reviewed tariffs, it is the fact that fixed charges have been scrapped; a lot of people lamenting about paying higher for services they don't get obviously are not aware of this fact. With the new plans, you pay for only the services you get and this something which would force the power companies to sit up. I am somewhat optimistic that this is the final step in the privatisation programme which would turn Nigeria's power situation around. I am willing to pay more as long as it would ensure better services, it is still cheaper and more convenient than running generators. It took Nigeria paying higher tariffs for telecommunications for us to get to where we are today.

You're one of the few here on NL that indeed did not waste your parents' school fees. Majority here come to conclusions based on hear say and exhibit same without tact.

I would appreciate for example, if someone opposing the hike acknowledge the Power Road Map and then turn around to punch holes in the way the MYTO methodology was arrived at or how it is now being applied. Instead, you have many who haven't done anything as simple as look up the Power Road Map and glean even a summary about it and how it works.

The most surprising of this all is the NLC who as far as I am concerned are being mischievous as they were carried along in the drafting of the MYTO rates. Kudos once again for your discernment.

2 Likes

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Teddeebear: 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
sambalo75l:
That explain it all. I wonder how some people reason in this country.
that is Nigerians for you, they suffer and smile, some go ahead to defend silly government policies that they don't even understand.

very soon, we will be paying silly taxes in this country and people will say it is to support government, these people are using our money to run their companies and still make us pay high price for the services they claim to render.

In history, taxation started with only the rich, when they developed to a certain level they started including the poor.
by then a poor man was already seeing the benefits of his taxes and could pay freely, his minimum wage could sustain him.

In Nigeria, politics is all people are concerned with, as long as the they and their families are getting richer, nothing bothers them.

most of these companies evade taxes, or they are also policies that helps these companies to evade taxation, they even have free waivers to import whatever they like and government shifts attention to the poor companies and masses.

I'll stop here, but I no lie you Nigeria is a joke.
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by PentiumPro(f): 12:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
DrDauda:

Always fighting n cursing on nairaland. Dem swear for u

This mugu don show his ugly face again grin
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by obailala(m): 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
Power generation and distribution has now been privatised and these private companies have to make profits to run and to expand their base. Power supply has now moved from a public enterprise to a private sector profit driven venture. There is no way we can expect to pay the same tariffs. A typical example is the telecoms industry, when GSM communication came into Nigeria in 2001, it was bloody expensive and unaffordable for the common man. But many years down the line, we can all see the result. If the government back then forced the telecoms companies to reduce tariffs from N50 per minute billing to say N10, I'm sure those telecoms companies wouldn't have survived, and the massive boost the telecoms industry gave to the Nigerian economy (including propelling Nigeria to be the biggest black economy) would never have occurred.

The increase in electricity tariffs is a bitter pill Nigerians have to swallow today to enjoy better power supply tomorrow. Also if we have a booming modern power sector, there is no doubt about the massive economic boost a robust power sector would do for the country even if it's just in terms of massive job creation. One good thing about this policy is that fixed charges have now been abolished so you get to pay for only the power you consume. This would definitely force the private power companies to it up, it will also force homes to conserve energy and it will definitely kickstart the journey to uninterrupted power supply..

Finally, I believe it is still cheaper and more convenient than running generators on diesel or petrol.

@Paentera, Many thanks

2 Likes

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by cocu25(m): 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
,[quote a,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Do you know how much lagos borrowed while fashola was in power.. Gosh! Only when you ask the right questions will you be enlightened.
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by PentiumPro(f): 12:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
[size=13pt]I would rather pay 5-6k per month and get 24hrs power supply than pay 2k per month and get 8hrs power supply a day.[/size]

[size=13pt]I would rather pay N250 to cross the Ikoyi into Lekki than pay N100 to cross with a rickety canoe[/size]

3 Likes

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Topeakintola: 12:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
Paentera:
Lots of misinformation going on about the electricity tariff hike. This goes to show how much we forget as well as how much hear say we rely on

A document called the MYTO (Multi Year Tariff Order) strictly regulates tariffs in the power sector and is administered by a government agency called NERC. This document was initiated in 2008 and so far, two MYTO - 1 & 2 have been issued.

MYTO 1 lasted between 2008 - 2013
MYTO 2 lasted between 2013 - 2016
MYTO 2.1 will last from 2016 - 2018 with adjustments expected to be built into the pricing to reflect the realities of the times.

More information about the MTYO Methodology and regime can be found here:
http://www.nercng.org/index.php/myto-2

I will like to point out that the power privatization scheme for former PHCN called for investors to take over assets thus be able to provide power at a profit, not a loss (like our government did for many decades). To keep the industry attractive, the pricing of power certainly had to change and from inception of Fashola as a minister, he clearly explained that prices will have to go up to make power generation attractive to investors.

The argument has been put forward that power supply needs to be provided before a hike in prices. I used to think this way until it was evident to me that the assets, including generating & transmission companies, took over were largely were largely run down and many ran out of their funds. The CBN provided a bridging loan to the companies earlier 2015 however the disbursement of the loan had to stop because the cash flow using the old tariffs would be unable to sustain repayment of the loans.

I will suggest that we give the power companies at least till end of 2017 to not only improve on electricity distribution, but to see how stable electricity becomes. I am happy it is now in private hands and will be happier it is done right. According to the MYTO 2.1 document, the tariff is expected to drop in 2017-2018 as more houses are metered and captured on the electricity distribution network nationwide.

To dispel the stereotype that to hide anything from a black man put it in a book, I invite you to read the provided details and become more informed about the power privatization process as opposed to relying on hear say.

Bros, can you please start a thread on this

We need people who have inside knowledge to dispel the falsehood on nl

God bless

4 Likes

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Paentera(m): 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
sambalo75l:
With all your MYTO this MYTO that can you pay for a commodity a bottle of coke before the production? All we want from Disco is to meter us before the charges so that we pay for what we consume only not estimated bill without service.

Its quite unfortunate that this was the approach the government of the day that fashioned & implemented the Power Road Map used in attracting investors. The government actually agreed to employ this methodology in attracting funding and privatising the industry. Now that the game is on, it becomes rather impossible to change the rules in the middle of it.

It is what it is.

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by jessejagga(m): 12:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
obailala:

First of all, "beta soup, na money dey inside," in other words, if you must have better services, you must be ready to pay the price; this has always been Fashola's philosophy from his rampant toll gates and the school fees hikes so it is only someone (like yourself) who doesn't really know Fashola that would think he has changed. This is even just the beginning, just sit back and wait for the series of toll gates that would begin to spring up all over Nigerian major roads. Unfortunately, considering the paucity of funds in the government today, tolling everything (in the Fashola way) might just be the only way in which Fashola might be able to perform any of his acclaimed wonders in his present office.

Now regarding the electricity tariff hike, that is absolutely not Fashola's doing, the plan to hike electricity prices has been in the 'Roadmap to power sector reforms' which was constituted I think since the days of Yaradua. A major part of that roadmap includes the privatisation of power generation and distribution and a review of tariffs to encourage investors who have since lamented that they would make no profit at the current rates. The privatisation aspect has since been completed but operation hasn't really begun because the previous government was either still negotiating tariffs or was too scared to announce the new tariffs, hence even though these companies have been privatised, the FG was still paying billions to offset bills for the private companies (in the form of subsidies).

If there is anything which is good about the new reviewed tariffs, it is the fact that fixed charges have been scrapped; a lot of people lamenting about paying higher for services they don't get obviously are not aware of this fact. With the new plans, you pay for only the services you get and this something which would force the power companies to sit up. I am somewhat optimistic that this is the final step in the privatisation programme which would turn Nigeria's power situation around. I am willing to pay more as long as it would ensure better services, it is still cheaper and more convenient than running generators. It took Nigeria paying higher tariffs for telecommunications for us to get to where we are today.
what u said rilli made sense. I know of a company that pay over 1.5 M monthly for electricity (fixed charges) with this removal of fixed charges it will enable this distribution companies supply more power because that's the only way they can make money. industries will enjoy this new tariff more because they pay higher fixed charges.

3 Likes

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by theophorus(m): 12:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
From the comments I have read, I think most Nigerians are either mis-informed or Benefiting from the Fraud in the Power sector.

With this initiative... if implemented there will not be any constant charge of #750 again.

You will only pay for what you use.
If power is not supplied there won't be any payment.

Prepaid meters will be supplied to every House thus you pay only for your consumption.

So the Power generation and distribution Firms will be force to increase supply if they want to make money.

However if we refuse to agree to Fashola's proposal them we would continue to pay #750 even if power is not supplied.

Phcn will disconnect your cables and expect you to pay for transformers and maintenance because it's good for them.
either power is supply or not #750 must be paid.

#ThinkNigerians.
#DontletThievesfoolYou.
#StandforProgress.

NB: Generator sellers and those profiting from lack of power supply don't want this initiatives.

2 Likes

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Teddeebear: 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
slyfoxxjoe:
You expect good service from government and don't want to pay for it. Don't u people understand government needs money to work especially this govt that met empty treasury. All advanced governments that deliver depend on an effective taxation system to raise money. You don't try paying your tax in America and see what happens to u. But since Nigeria has such a poor tax system I guess the govt has to rely on increased tariffs to raise money.
you are funny, the people you are referring to didn't raise taxes to build infrastructure, they managed what they had to develop introduced taxation to maintain them. by the time they people were paying taxes, they also saw the benefits.

In Nigeria, our taxes, end up in silly allowances for political office holders, your country is wasteful. taxpayers money are used to provide luxury for political class, new car every year, new buildings, new everything every year, the remaining are looted or a few in used to develop the country.

Abroad, can you compare the minimum wage with Nigeria??

No one is against taxation, but this silly things must stop, if they want to improve the power sector, they should use their money and fund it, when people see improvement they will pay, and not collecting money from people, promising to improve the sector.

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by PentiumPro(f): 12:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
Paentera:
Lots of misinformation going on about the electricity tariff hike. This goes to show how much we forget as well as how much hear say we rely on

A document called the MYTO (Multi Year Tariff Order) strictly regulates tariffs in the power sector and is administered by a government agency called NERC. This document was initiated in 2008 and so far, two MYTO - 1 & 2 have been issued.

MYTO 1 lasted between 2008 - 2013
MYTO 2 lasted between 2013 - 2016
MYTO 2.1 will last from 2016 - 2018 with adjustments expected to be built into the pricing to reflect the realities of the times.

More information about the MTYO Methodology and regime can be found here:
http://www.nercng.org/index.php/myto-2

I will like to point out that the power privatization scheme for former PHCN called for investors to take over assets thus be able to provide power at a profit, not a loss (like our government did for many decades). To keep the industry attractive, the pricing of power certainly had to change and from inception of Fashola as a minister, he clearly explained that prices will have to go up to make power generation attractive to investors.

The argument has been put forward that power supply needs to be provided before a hike in prices. I used to think this way until it was evident to me that the assets, including generating & transmission companies, took over were largely were largely run down and many ran out of their funds. The CBN provided a bridging loan to the companies earlier 2015 however the disbursement of the loan had to stop because the cash flow using the old tariffs would be unable to sustain repayment of the loans.

I will suggest that we give the power companies at least till end of 2017 to not only improve on electricity distribution, but to see how stable electricity becomes. I am happy it is now in private hands and will be happier it is done right. According to the MYTO 2.1 document, the tariff is expected to drop in 2017-2018 as more houses are metered and captured on the electricity distribution network nationwide.

To dispel the stereotype that to hide anything from a black man put it in a book, I invite you to read the provided details and become more informed about the power privatization process as opposed to relying on hear say.

God bless you.
More people like you are needed to drown the voices of mischief makers that have succeeded in hijacking the debate to suit their unpatriotic narratives.

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Amucha: 12:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
Yhinkss:
There are a lot we seem not to understand or maybe we are interested in focusing on the negatives. There are no develoment without pain and sacrifices all what we nigerians want is to continue getting better things at their comfort zones
First of all the price template was not fashioned by Fashola it was a design from the previous government for an ideal running of the system. If u listened to what BRF said that it was the way it had suppose to be with the price but the last government did not implement it. The Disco recently declared to divest from the buy if the pricing is not improved because they are not making return and it is preventing them in investing more and even exanding as required by the government agreement on them. How can u run a business without making profits? So accordingly the new pricing will now make them stand well in terms of rendering and expanding after a particular time in agreement with the govt.
We only want everything to suit us like oyibo without making any effort like them . When we travel to other developed nations do you realise how much other nations are paying for various taxes that are non existent in nigeria we just like everything free.
Some social service is coming as promised and we are happy but how many are ready to pay for anything just like other nations or do you all complain or refuse to pay if you travel out especially South Africa
Let's compare Nepa to diesel or inverter it is still larger very low so there is a bit of support from the citizenry for our own benefits
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
chivic:
Most Nigerians will agree with me that among the current ministers,Fashola is one that that stands out and with him in this current cabinet, a lot of us have great optimism that at least he will deliver.
In fact, Buhari's exclusive trust and believe in him made him to attach a combination of portfolios to him,believing that once he can deliver, then his administration would receive a lot of applause. It is worth mentioning that Fashola's success can earn Buhari a return ticket.

However,the recent increase in electricity tariff is not only shocking,but heart rending.
What went wrong?who advice him?who has brainwashed our guy? is there something at the presidency that makes people with good intention to begin to think upside down? Would Fashola in his smart reasoning ability have taken this, if it has been proposed in the last administration?does it make sense at all?
How on earth will the government increase Tariff for no light?are we not already paying more than what we get?Why don't the tell us that once we start receiving light on an average of 12 hours per day,then the Tariff of that area,region or Zone will be increased.?

Something has gone wrong!If even Fashola can confidently think like this,then we need an emergency prayer.

They should deliver service first before increasing Tariff. We are currently paying more than we are getting.And yet they are forcing us to pay more again for a futuristic promise. We need to occupy Nigeria for this.
why are we still thinking like buffoons,while the economic realities is too poor,we should take time and read what fashola has been trying to explain about the hike,he didn't just wake up from sleep and decide to punish Nigerians, the infrastructure to make power more stable and available to all is not in place, we should support this government.

2 Likes

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
Fashola has always bin a capitalist except when sternly challenged! Tho he gets work done but1st tin 1st!...improve power b4 pay rise!
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Amanwulu1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
PentiumPro:

You shut the gutter you call mouth.
Go ahead and show that Olowolafe is the same as Fashola. Dunces everywhere.
People just open their mouths and talk rubbish here on NL
is it a politician dat u guys are defending dat they don't have vestive interests in what they do? I can never be like u guys, neither in dis life nor d next. Nevertheless I'm against media prosecution n unlawful incarceratn of any citizen, n u guys also don't see ought in it?
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by PentiumPro(f): 12:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
Seenyo:
Fashola has always bin a capitalist except when sternly challenged! Tho he gets work done but1st tin 1st!...improve power b4 pay rise!

See, the question has always been whether it's the egg or chicken that comes first.
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Teddeebear: 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
theophorus:
From the comments I have read, I think most Nigerians are either mis-informed or Benefiting from the Fraud in the Power sector.

With this initiative... if implemented there will not be any constant charge of #750 again.

You will only pay for what you use.
If power is not supplied there won't be any payment.

Prepaid meters will be supplied to every House thus you pay only for your consumption.

So the Power generation and distribution Firms will be force to increase supply if they want to make money.

However if we refuse to agree to Fashola's proposal them we would continue to pay #750 even if power is not supplied.

Phcn will disconnect your cables and expect you to pay for transformers and maintenance because it's good for them.
either power is supply or not #750 must be paid.

#ThinkNigerians.
#DontletThievesfoolYou.
#StandforProgress.

NB: Generator sellers and those profiting from lack of power supply don't want this initiatives.
silly propaganda, who told you that the masses enjoy running on generators,

do you take money from your customers to provide them better services, or you use your money to provide the services and charge your customers for the service

house many house in Lagos alone have pre -paid meters??

what do you know about profit in business?? is it when A man invests N1million naira and expects N200million naira profit, is that not fraudulent??

you are talking trash
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by PentiumPro(f): 12:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
Amanwulu1:
is it a politician dat u guys are defending dat they don't have vestive interests in what they do? I can never be like u guys, neither in dis life nor d next. Nevertheless I'm against media prosecution n unlawful incarceratn of any citizen, n u guys also don't see ought in it?

What is your point?

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by AyakaDunukofia: 12:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
You guys will now see there is nothing special about that man fasho!a. He was lucky to govern a state with mammoth revenue.
Therein stole so much and smartly deceived the ever stupid and gullible Nigerians with flashy projects.

There is no ingenuity in fashola, and his new position will yet prove it!

Nigeria knew the minister that improved power generation in his few stint in office as minister of power. Until they decide to embrace the truth...
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by sammhi(m): 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
chivic:
Most Nigerians will agree with me that among the current ministers,Fashola is one that that stands out and with him in this current cabinet, a lot of us have great optimism that at least he will deliver.
In fact, Buhari's exclusive trust and believe in him made him to attach a combination of portfolios to him,believing that once he can deliver, then his administration would receive a lot of applause. It is worth mentioning that Fashola's success can earn Buhari a return ticket.

However,the recent increase in electricity tariff is not only shocking,but heart rending.
What went wrong?who advice him?who has brainwashed our guy? is there something at the presidency that makes people with good intention to begin to think upside down? Would Fashola in his smart reasoning ability have taken this, if it has been proposed in the last administration?does it make sense at all?
How on earth will the government increase Tariff for no light?are we not already paying more than what we get?Why don't the tell us that once we start receiving light on an average of 12 hours per day,then the Tariff of that area,region or Zone will be increased.?

Something has gone wrong!If even Fashola can confidently think like this,then we need an emergency prayer.

They should deliver service first before increasing Tariff. We are currently paying more than we are getting.And yet they are forcing us to pay more again for a futuristic promise. We need to occupy Nigeria for this.

this is quintessential Fasola for you....maybe u don't know him..Raising taxes is his modus operandi..same tin he did in Lagos.. LASU fee hike, toll gate , multiple taxes , tax on food consumption despite vat ..etc. so he has not changed ...am expecting Fasola to put toll on all federal roads ..soon...

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Rhozabeth(m): 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
tuniski:
Fashola is Overrated. He remains only a media creation blown out of proportion. I ask what were his milestones in lagos? Anyway, this is the change they truly promised,nigerians misunderstood them according to lai Moohammed!

I am very sure you ve not been to Lagos since Fashola became the Gov of Lagos and even afterwards! If not you would not make that kind of statement! That said, Fashola really need to justify that there is need for the Tariff to be hiked b4 the implementation of the increase! As it is Fashola is gradually becoming insensitive to the plight of common Nigerians!
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Paentera(m): 12:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
Rhozabeth:

I am very sure you ve not been to Lagos since Fashola became the Gov of Lagos and even afterwards! If not you would not make that kind of statement! That said, Fashola really need to justify that there is need for the Tariff to be hiked b4 the implementation of the increase! As it is Fashola is gradually becoming insensitive to the plight of common Nigerians!

There's a government agency called NERC that outlined the tariffs being implemented for the Power companies. The tariffs were outlined many years before BRF dreamt of becoming a minister. He is only supervising and implementing the agreed tariffs negotiated since 2013 between the government, labour and the investors.

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by orakao8: 12:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
WHICH ACHIEVEMENT? FASHOLA THAT TINUBU IS CONTROLLING
Rolings:

Jealousy will kill you , it's obvious you have not been to Lagos in a while . Even diehard ipob members will not say what you have just said. Fashola is an achiever who achieved more than your hero.

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by orakao8: 12:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
HOW MUCH IS APC PAYING YOU?
Rolings:

Even if he didn't do anything he built lekki ikoyi link bridge, he reconstructed Mile12 ikorodu road. Now tell me one completed project in 16 years of pdp

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by tuniski: 12:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
Rhozabeth:

Lame lame lame! What are his milestone achievements in a state that is a former national capital, economic nerve center, a massive revenue base and a class apart long before he ever got to power? Fashola is overrated!QED
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by Oz4realsss: 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
PentiumPro:
[size=13pt]I would rather pay 5-6k per month and get 24hrs power supply than pay 2k per month and get 8hrs power supply a day.[/size]

[size=13pt]I would rather pay N250 to cross the Ikoyi into Lekki than pay N100 to cross with a rickety canoe[/size]
What of those that cannot afford such? What should they do? This country belongs to all Nigerians.
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by jcflex(m): 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
From the period PMB take over fr GEJ, most people will agree with me that, their is increase in power, yet we continue to pay the same amount we are paying before.
then No complain.

now for us to keep on enjoying even more power, FG said we have to pay a little above what we are paying before.
we started shouting, calling BRF diff unprintable name.

some even say, BRF wake up yesterday and decide to increase the bill over night, mean while this issue of increase in tariff have been on for almost 3yrs now, NERC have been ringing this into our ear.

Now the question is,
Do we really want the government to work, or just sit there for 4 years,

we vote for another person, he will also come and sit for another 4 yrs.

Because to me now, Nigerians we are set of confuse people.

if Gov want to borrow to put infrastructure in place, to be payed back over a period of years,

we will all start shouting that they don borrow money again, they have mortgage our future, mortgage our children children future as well.

now for gov not to mortgage both our future and our children future, we are ask to pay for it, so that this infrastructure will be put in place.

we are allover the street, shouting, complaining, calling our leaders various unprintable name.

if the gov fold their arm, and do nothing, we will still complain, that they are not doing anything, now were will they get the money to finance various project.

yet we want to keep enjoying the basic amenities of life,

at who's cost

EVEN IN FREE TOWN, NOTHING IS FREE

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by kosokoadeyemi: 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nonsense rubbish minister
Re: What Went Wrong With Fashola? by alaskido(m): 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
I NEVER VOTED FOR APC OR SO CALLED CHANGE. IT WAS FORCED DOWN OUR THROAT. WELL THIS IS THE CHANGE THEY PROMISED THE NIGERIAN POPULACE. IN 2019 WHEN THEY HEAR CHANGE, THEY WILL RUN LIKE MAD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drone Shots Of Senator Ademola Adeleke Campaign In Ayedire And Olaoluwa Lg(pics) / Protesters Storm Jonathan's Office Ask Him To Join 2023 Presidential Race / Why Terror Attack On Nigeria’s Kuje Prison Was Successful (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.