Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,217 members, 7,873,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:18 PM

Rivers Guber: Many Would Die If I Contest Again – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Guber: Many Would Die If I Contest Again – Wike (594 Views)

"I Don’t Want To Contest Again" - Fayose / Breaking News:"i Will Never Fund Security Again"--- Wike / Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Guber: Many Would Die If I Contest Again – Wike by talk2archy: 5:22am On Feb 09, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike on Sunday said that many people would have died if the Supreme Court had nullified his victory at the State’s governorship election.

According to Wike while speaking during a thanksgiving service to celebrate his victory, the Supreme Court prevented bloodshed in the State.

“Blood would have flown if the election was going to hold again. So, I called some people, including the chairman of the PDP, Uche Secondus, that I was not going to run again. They said why and I explained that if I did, many people would die.

“I pray that my enemy should continue to have permanent high blood pressure. I wouldn’t pray that God will heal them. My own has come down now, and for several months it was high. It is time for their own to rise”, he said.

Wike further affirmed that he was not in support of President Muhammadu Buhari anti-corruption crusade. He explained that he would rather fight corruption his own way than support Buhari’s anti-corruption war.

He stressed that Buhari’s anti-corruption war was selective and targeted at members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He said: “We would not support the fight against corruption. People took our money from the state, and we wrote to the police asking them to go and make a statement; nothing has come out of it.

“We won’t take anybody to the EFCC because I know what would happen. We know how to fight our own way. We won’t support that war against corruption that they are doing”.
Re: Rivers Guber: Many Would Die If I Contest Again – Wike by CecyAdrian(f): 5:26am On Feb 09, 2016
F0ol, this man just keeps revealing his true identity and relationship with thugs. Nigerian politicians amaze me! Proudly saying many people will die because he holds and controls lives?
Re: Rivers Guber: Many Would Die If I Contest Again – Wike by ayogabriel: 6:25am On Feb 09, 2016
Re: Rivers Guber: Many Would Die If I Contest Again – Wike by ayogabriel: 6:25am On Feb 09, 2016
Sorry to say, most of this guys are not politically matured.
Re: Rivers Guber: Many Would Die If I Contest Again – Wike by flexxyworld(m): 6:32am On Feb 09, 2016
He was only stating the obvious. Now that your B.P don come down, just leave your mark. Ride on
Re: Rivers Guber: Many Would Die If I Contest Again – Wike by size40: 6:33am On Feb 09, 2016
Wike knew what he did in d last guber election in Rivers state. How his foot soldiers and thugs brutally murdered Rivers people in broad day light. Again, Mr wike is wrong here. Mr President corruption fight is not targeted at PDP members alone. I dont know how the governor of my state want to deceive d public by saying this. The PDP was the party in charge of Nigeria for years b4 APC and Buhari got to power. So Buhari cannot leave the massive looting and corruption that took place in different ministries and departments at d federal level and be talking about corruption in sports ministry in Kogi, Anambra or Ogun states. Aslo, for Rivers state and Amaechi, Wike as governor a now should first vacate d permanent court order instituted by former governor peter Odili barring EFCC from arresting, investing or jailing any government official in Rivers state. Of which Wike himself was a beneficiary when several billions was traced to his personal account as a chief of staff to former governor Amaechi. He is d governor now. He has d power to challenge and ask court to vacate such corrupt order to enable prosecute whoever he wants.
Re: Rivers Guber: Many Would Die If I Contest Again – Wike by excellencyabia1: 6:52am On Feb 09, 2016
You don't want them to die but you wish them Hbp so what is the difference?

(1) (Reply)

Why I Trust In Saraki’s Judgment / Letter To All Nigerian Leaders / PDP Raises Alarm Over APC Plan To Rig Benue South Senatorial Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.