Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,424 members, 7,888,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:44 AM

Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. (2336 Views)

2000-Year-Old Coffin Made Of Stone Discovered In Egypt, See Reactions (Photos) / ISIS Publicly Cuts Off Hand Of A Man Accused Of Stealing (graphic Photos) / Kenyan Prostitute Cuts Man's Manhood Off After He Refused To Pay For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Explorers(m): 5:27am On Feb 09, 2016
United States President Barack Obama went to a famous barbecue restaurant in Austin, Texas to order take-out, and hoped to save time waiting in the long line by cutting. He persuaded a customer in line in front of him and agreed to “pay the bill” for this customer. Only thing is, this customer’s bill made Obama feel “short of cash”, forcing him to use his credit card to settle the bill. At the same time as this line-cutting incident, Obama also suffered complaints from local residents because his motorcade caused major traffic jams.
Obama was in Austin that day to attend a fundraising event for the Democratic Party, and after giving a 40 minute speech at a downtown theater, he was ready to take a plane back to the nation’s capital, Washington D.C. But right before leaving, Obama’s motorcade drove a few blocks to “Franklin’s Barbecue”, to order take-out for himself and his entourage.According to the UK’s Daily Mail, this barbecue restaurant is very famous in the United States, and many faithful “foodies” often have to line up for 2-3 hours before they can order. After entering the restaurant, Obama clearly did not want to wait several hours with a grumbling stomach, politely shook hands with several customers, and directly went to the front of the line. “I know this is a long line. I feel real bad,” Obama said, “but I’m gonna cut.” Obama simultaneously ordered and apologized to the customers beside him, as well as proposed “paying for” the customer at the front, Bruce Finsted and his daughter Faith.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2688080/Wheres-beef-Obama-flashes-sad-wad-1-bills-accidentally-revealing-credit-card-number-fumbles-trying-pay-Texas-restaurant.html

http://www.chinasmack.com/2014/stories/obama-cuts-in-line-at-barbecue-restaurant-chinese-reactions.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Explorers(m): 5:32am On Feb 09, 2016
Reactions, but in some countries they would have flogged anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Nobody: 5:34am On Feb 09, 2016
Issorait
Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Explorers(m): 5:34am On Feb 09, 2016
More.

1 Like

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 09, 2016
Explorers:
Reactions, but in some countries they would have flogged anybody.

In a sane country, they would have asked all of them to evacuate the BBQ JOINT because the president is coming in...loool

2 Likes

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by dammytosh: 6:23am On Feb 09, 2016
Bishopmayowa:

In a sane country, they would have asked all of them to evacuate the BBQ JOINT because the president is coming in...loool

I can imagine.

I have been delayed in the air for almost 45mins because a president wanted to leave Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Explorers(m): 7:05am On Feb 09, 2016
Bishopmayowa:

Asked or flogged out. lol...

3 Likes

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by JoeBlocks(m): 7:20am On Feb 09, 2016
Oh he could have just cajoled them with his eloquence, they would have whisked him to the front immediately. But, I guess eloquence can't sway hunger, especially when its something related to BBQ. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by karferguso(m): 7:34am On Feb 09, 2016
Americans got no chill.. A friend to the waiter self dey cut line here in Naija

1 Like

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by patrickmuf(m): 7:45am On Feb 09, 2016
When will we reach this level over here? Common LGA chairman dey feel like demi god

3 Likes

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 09, 2016
At least he showed that he has respect for his citizens.
Whereas in some countries, ordinary President's daughter with no political post of any sort will order everybody out of a supermarket because she wants to shop.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 09, 2016
The BBQ must soo good for people to wait in line for 3 hours. Left to me, I count wait in line for that long; I will look for another BBQ joint tongue

1 Like

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 09, 2016
Living in the US will be a dream come true.... so love this country. For Naija no be mopol go Tel you before you respect yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
dammytosh:

I can imagine.

I have been delayed in the air for almost 45mins because a president wanted to leave Abuja.

Loool....u r so lucky. Just recently a certainVIP CONVOY paralyzed activities in an area for 12 hours. No joke
Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Deztro(m): 11:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
d guy try o at least him first beg
Bishopmayowa:

Loool....u r so lucky. Just recently a certainVIP CONVOY paralyzed activities in an area for 12 hours. No joke
d guy try o at least him first beg
*thanksgiving*
i no talk o
Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by tpiar: 11:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
wasnt this story circulated last year or so?
Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by tpiar: 11:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
arttysticfyngaz:
Living in the US will be a dream come true.... so love this country.

una know una selves abi?

who is cutting in line for visas?
Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Rich4god(m): 10:18am On Feb 11, 2016
After, some pple go dey ask y our education is going down.... when simple, responsible and common sense threads are left in the board while the ones exposing cleavag*s, bo*bs and their likes are been sent to the fb...

3 Likes

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Qualer: 5:53am On Feb 13, 2016
Rich4god:
After, some pple go dey ask y our education is going down.... when simple, responsible and common sense threads are left in the board while the ones exposing cleavag*s, bo*bs and their likes are been sent to the fb...

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Ecoterrorism(f): 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
Where is Buratai that shoots people for blocking his convoy.

Nigeria is a joke

1 Like

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by SFSNIPER(m): 6:49am On Feb 16, 2016
Hunger No Dey Look Face O

1 Like

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by UyiIredia(m): 1:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
Rich4god:

Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Cuts In Line At Barbecue Restaurant, Suffers Residents' Reactions. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
Developed Country.

(1) (Reply)

Could South Africa Have Developed? / BREAKING NEWS GHANA: Airplane Fuel Tank Drops From The Sky In Adenta Ghana... / Man Arrested For Threatening To Kill Trump Over The Killing Iranian G. Soleimani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.