Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,895 members, 7,906,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? (2694 Views)

Who Have Successfully Applied The Rivers State 10000 Teachers Recruitment 2018 / My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria / The Almighty 'can We Meet You?' Question. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by ikorodureporta: 8:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
Jst asking...
Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by INTROVERT(f): 8:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
grin
Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by missingrib(f): 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
avent gotten the ansa yet
Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by MrHighSea: 8:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
LOL
Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by Donald3d(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
some proffesions do.i am sure of that.
Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by Favolly(f): 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
ElDeeVee....
This question is for you tongue
Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by lantessy(m): 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
There's nothing like Almighty Formula. It's called quadratic formula.
It's possible to apply it, especially in finance and engineering related problems

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
yeah, all the time.

That is the solution to quadratic equations. which are very important to physicists and most programmers.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by macaranta(m): 10:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
Yes @OP ...when you model differential equations in 2 or 3-D (spatial and X-Y coordinates),you use principles of almighty formula for solutions generations.

:p

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by ProudOlodo: 12:35am On Feb 10, 2016
I'm no mathematician but I believe there's hardly any junk in any discipline. It all depends on how much you open your mind

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by fippycbk(m): 7:23am On Feb 10, 2016
First of all there's nothing like "Almighty Formula" it's the General formula for solving Quadratic Equations.

Secondly, while we may not apply it in our places of work, all those were meant to prepare us for what was ahead. Example, we learnt the number line in primary school. This would later help us when we deal with negative numbers in secondary school.

All what we learnt in school was just a means to an end.
Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 10, 2016
You are calling the quadratic equation 'almighty formula'? Try the prime counting function formula.

About your question- Yes it is very useful in everyday life.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by delectablegyal(f): 8:53am On Feb 10, 2016
@op, no mind all these peeps wey dey type gibberish.

Why are we learning what is not applicable in real life? None, has helped me in real life except the class room.
Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by Pato5(m): 10:32am On Feb 10, 2016
let's stop wallowing in ignorance.
all the formulas or arithmetic procedures we learnt in our sciences may not be directly applied in the real world but is invariably an aid to cognitive thinking in solving life problems.
the earlier we see mathematics as this, the better and simpler it becomes.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by karleone(m): 11:44am On Feb 10, 2016
delectablegyal:

Why are we learning what is not applicable in real life? None, has helped me in real life except the class room.

My dear, I do not know what you studied in your school, neither do I know how it's helping you.. As for me, every little thing, not minding the big ones, I learnt from my secondary to university education is helping me and so important for my career growth as they are basically the things I work with/on daily.
Example: I am a Civil Engineer (Graduate). In one of my courses, I learnt analysis and design of structural members (Beams, Slabs, Columns [in a layman's word Pillar]) and today, those calculations, analysis and designs (though sometimes computerized) are still done by me to ensure that these structures stand the test of time.
So you see, they are, one way or the other, useful in our work places.

PS: I once asked myself this question back then in University

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Applied '' The Almighty Formula '' In Your Job? by ProudOlodo: 11:59am On Feb 10, 2016
delectablegyal:

Knowledge is different from understanding, and both are different from wisdom. What these supposed "inapplicable" things mean to you depend on where you choose to stop in-between these points. Like someone already noted, if the simple arithmetics and algebra have been applicable, maybe you've just not seen where this too is applicable.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Opportunities / Talent Hunt / Graduate Trainee Needed At Cordros Capital Limited / 2018 Coca-cola Naija Coke Summership Programme – Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.