Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:50 PM

Where Does The Mind Exist? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where Does The Mind Exist? (1165 Views)

SHOCKING! 5 Words Nigerians Use That Actually Don’t Exist / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / 7 English Words Nigerians Use Everyday Which Don't Exist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does The Mind Exist? by Destiny4fame(m): 7:30pm On Feb 10, 2016
Good evening guys,this issue actually happened in class today and generated a lot of arguement between our lecturer and the students.....Some students argued that exist in the head[brain],while some said the mind exist in the heart,while some said it actually exist,but not in the brain......It generated a lot of arguement.......that's why I brought it here to get your own view about this topic.....Thanks
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by DarryOsh(m): 7:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
The mind is in the head.
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by Nyaknor(m): 7:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
The brain actually controls the mind... So the mind exist in the brain.
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by Destiny4fame(m): 7:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
DarryOsh:
The mind is in the head.
sure sad
DarryOsh:
The mind is in the head.
sure
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by Destiny4fame(m): 7:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
Nyaknor:
The brain actually controls the mind... So the mind exist in the brain.
let's wait and see other's opinion[color=#000099]
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by yemmit90: 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
Back then, this particular question caused a serious interesting aguement in our philosophy class. A lot of unanswerable questions were asked. i laughed at those saying the location of Mind when started reading wide.

Mind is simply a feeling of existence. Mind can also be call SOUL, it is abstract and usually operated by individual perception.
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by Destiny4fame(m): 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
yemmit90:
Back then, this particular question caused a serious interesting aguement in our philosophy class. A lot of unanswerable questions were asked. i laughed at those saying the location of Mind when started reading wide.

Mind is simply a feeling of existence. Mind can also be call SOUL, it is abstract and usually operated by individual perception.

mind and soul are different.....just my thoughts though
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by yemmit90: 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
Destiny4fame:
mind and soul are different.....just my thoughts though

Can you tell the different please?
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by opeaceo: 8:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
yemmit90:

I disagree with the mind equals soul thingy. In the first instance, what is "mind"? Mind is the ability of a rational thought while soul has a different meaning.

To your earlier question, the mind I think is located in the brain.
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by yemmit90: 8:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
opeaceo:

I disagree with the mind equals soul thingy. In the first instance, what is "mind"? Mind is the ability of a rational thought while soul has a different meaning.

To your earlier question, the mind I think is located in the brain.

May i ask;

What is soul?

What actually should be regarded as rational?

What part of the head is mind located?
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by opeaceo: 9:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
yemmit90:

May i ask;

What is soul?

What actually should be regarded as rational?

What part of the head is mind located?

IMO, soul is the spirit of anything.

Rational depends on the person itself. For example, Mr A can consider killing as a rational thing to do and Mr B might see the act as irrational - "you have a bad mind, you have a good mind".

To your third question, no idea, it is complicated biko.
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by yemmit90: 9:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
opeaceo:

IMO, soul is the spirit of anything.

Rational depends on the person itself. For example, Mr A can consider killing as a rational thing to do and Mr B might see the act as irrational - "you have a bad mind, you have a good mind".

To your third question, no idea, it is complicated biko.

If soul is a spirit and the Mind is rational thought according to you, how did you have the knowledge of both?

You tried a little on the meaning you gave RATIONAL.

Olodo, no be you talk sey na brain mind dey? Oya you must answer by your mind and soul.
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by opeaceo: 9:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
yemmit90:

If soul is a spirit and the Mind is rational thought according to you, how did you have the knowledge of both?

You tried a little on the meaning you gave RATIONAL.

Olodo, no be you talk sey na brain mind dey? Oya you must answer by your mind and soul.

#scratcheshead

The mind to me is like a coordination of thought processes, in answering your question, I'd say I came to the knowledge through my thoughts..

I just sounded like I'm being interviewed, Oga, let's hear your contributions.
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by Tallesty1(m): 12:10am On Feb 11, 2016
Lols. It can't be in the heart because "our mind", just like the air and wind is simply "our brain in action" so the human mind is in the head.

#MyOpinion.
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by Destiny4fame(m): 12:25am On Feb 11, 2016
getting more interesting and educating
Re: Where Does The Mind Exist? by yemmit90: 7:11am On Feb 11, 2016
opeaceo:

#scratcheshead

The mind to me is like a coordination of thought processes, in answering your question, I'd say I came to the knowledge through my thoughts..

I just sounded like I'm being interviewed, Oga, let's hear your contributions.

Hmmmmmmmm, i think we actually came to the knowledge of it because we feel we exist.

As for my view,i've said it all in my first post in this thread. I equated Mind to soul, and said it was abstract and operated on individual perception. It doesnt locate anywhere, infact mind/soul is independence of the body.

There is difference between what we think(using our brains) and minds. we came to the knowledge of something through our minds(feeling of existence), and we use our thinking process(using faculty of the brains) to see if they are good or bad. That is why alot of things(good and bad)could comes to our minds without passing through a thinking process. Unlike "thinking", Minds are governs by instinct or innate desires.

Perhaps i should just say Mind is simply an "instinct".

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Chess Club Is Now Offering Chess Classes For Children Under The Age Of 17 / Transfer To UNILORIN / Why To Use School Management Software?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.