Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,224 members, 7,974,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:13 PM

Why You Need To Become SMART ( Mydetalk ) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Need To Become SMART ( Mydetalk ) (312 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need To Become SMART ( Mydetalk ) by ibikunle007: 4:50am On Feb 11, 2016
It pays to work hard but my advice is don't just work hard, work smart. Working smart saves you a lot of stress and gives you a grand opening floor to be successful.  Setting smart goals is the way forward because it allows you to save time, money and decipher greater visions.
If you ARE watching this episode I'm sure you must have heard people say set a goal for your life but not set a smart goal.
What is a smart goal.

S= specific
If you are to send a dog on (an) A hunt, you will give it a material that arbours the scent of what it is to hunt so it can sniff it. By doing so the dog remains focused on the target and never stops.
You need to be specific on that which you desire to accomplish. Being specific narrows down your options to a few, and with a few options in sight achievement is made visible.( Eg) For example, I will like to start a business of my own before the year runs out OR I will like to start selling custom made shirts latest on the 7th of March 2016 if possible launch a website. This is how to be specific. You know exactly what to sell,how to sell,when to sell.

M= Measurable 
its important to have a measurable goal in mind that is, knowing at least what it entails to achieve such goal. Its a mere waste of time if you desire to venture into a business you know nothing about. Try to find out 70% about the business and measure how long it will take (it) TO kick off, the cost etc NOTE: As a startup don't go for goals that are long term rather set goals that can be achieved within 1month or two So, you won't be frustrated along the way when trails come. This small goals will build up your momentum to thirst for greater goals.
A= Action 
Let('s) your words be true to your actions and develop the right behavior to achieve them. Be action oriented towards your goals always and let everyday move you closer to fulfilment.

R= Realistic
It's important to be true to yourself because if not, you will only be causing yourself more harm than good. Be realistic, face the fact and examine the actual possibility behind your goals before setting them in motion. Ask yourself "is this possible"? If yes, go head, If its a No, don't attempt, If its maybe find out why and define that reason to justification.
T = Timeline 
Its amazing how much we seem to rush things up on deadlines. We suddenly tap inspiration from the fact that it's a dead line and we become zealous.  Set a dead line for your goals. How long you are to remain on it. This enables you to be conscious that time is not a friend to those that are in the habit of wasting it. The moment you become conscious of time you will learn to manage it appropriately. Begin to set Smart goals today and embrace a life of fulfilment. Myde talk

(1) (Reply)

Free Business Seminar / Cost Effectiveness Ways On How To Advertise Your Business / Air Freight Cargo, Luggage & Parcel Delivery Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.