Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,244 members, 7,880,911 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:00 AM

Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines (1313 Views)

Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... / Gunmen Behead Ukeoma In Emohua, Rivers And Abduct Another / Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by joeprince23(m): 9:09am On Feb 12, 2016
This is not an indictment towards the okorochas administration in imo state because I am not an imolite,but it baffles me how imolites could keep silent in the face of this huge monumental fraud called “free education”.I am from a neigbouring state(rivers) and have a little cousin studying at imo state university owerri,my subbordinate here in bonny is also a student of IMOPOLY umuagwo(from abia state), additionally a family friend(from anambra) is also studying in imo state. after listening to the plight of these “non-indegene” in imo state-owned institutions it became clear to me that it is a SYSTEMATIC PLAN by the APC government in the state to maltreat,discreminate and marginalise students who are not from imo state but speak the same language,bear same name with them. Hundreds of rivers state students(mostly uplanders) are currently studying in the state,but since the inception of the so called “free education” programme the situation have gone from bad to worst. Firstly imolites are forced to pay #20,000 for registration in free education programme. Secondly non-indigene have to bear with a 100% increment in tuition to make up for lost revenue from imolites free-education,is this not FRAUD? Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by YourMrBoo: 11:26am On Feb 12, 2016
100% increment at what price??
Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 12, 2016
The free education is not really free per say for indigent Imo students, they still pay some additional fees not captured by the 20,000 subsidized payment given by the IMSG.

Second, OP I see your post as mischievous for trying to drag APC/PDP party politics into this issue. Before the coming of Rochas Imo state have always played the big brother role to students from other state even to its own disadvantage.

Where were you when Imo during Udenwas tenure charged the lowest fees (12,500) in the whole SE/SS as against other state owned universities. Imo state as at then had the highest population of non-indigent students on admission, even when neighbouring Abia, Rivers, and Anambra sticked to their stance by giving admission to mainly their students while super charge other non-indigenous students with exorbitant fees.

Where where you when during Ohakim's tenure the population of non-indigenous students surpassed students of Imo state origin, when even then, Abia under Theodore Orji sticked to his guns by charging students of Imo state as well as others, double of what indigenous Abians where charged.

So if Imo state decide to now favour it's indigenous students at least for once, why should it concern you. If not double standardness I see no reason whatsoever why you should even start this thread. Because it's obvious your intentions are not genuine and only out to drag Rochas name in the mud.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by tonychristopher: 12:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
Chiwude:
The free education is not really free per say for indigent Imo students, they still pay some additional fees not captured by the 20,000 subsidized payment given by the IMSG.

Second, OP I see your post as mischievous for trying to drag APC/PDP party politics into this issue. Before the coming of Rochas Imo state have always played the big brother role to students from other state even to its own disadvantage.

Where were you when Imo during Udenwas tenure charged the lowest fees (12,500) in the whole SE/SS as against other state owned universities. Imo state as at then had the highest population of non-indigent students on admission, even when neighbouring Abia, Rivers, and Anambra sticked to their stance by giving admission to mainly their students while super charge other non-indigenous students with exorbitant fees.

Where where you when during Ohakim's tenure the population of non-indigenous students surpassed students of Imo state origin, when even then, Abia under Theodore Orji sticked to his guns by charging students of Imo state as well as others, double of what indigenous Abians where charged.

So if Imo state decide to now favour it's indigenous students at least for once, why should it concern you. If not double standardness I see no reason whatsoever why you should even start this thread. Because it's obvious your intentions are not genuine and only out to drag Rochas name in the mud.

I am anambra man born and bred in imo state...Owerri is my land of birth and during udenwa (onwa) era Imsu was the lowest state university ..FUTO was paying 4500 IMSU Was paying 7500 this was during udenwa era and I graduated from the state ....so why do people bring disunity in igbo land

Yes the economy is a bit bad but that doesn't mean that IMO hates anambra

Anambra na imo bu nwanne

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by YourMrBoo: 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
What an hypocritical fella wanna use Anambra to cover up his motives.

I can remember when student's protested in rivers BC of the unfavorable policies adopted for non indigenes of the state.

Even on that thread people were advising they should take advantage of their state or like charging same policy on every rivers indigine in any other state in Nigeria rather than Rivers.

3 Likes

Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
tonychristopher:

I am anambra man born and bred in imo state...Owerri is my land of birth and during udenwa (onwa) era Imsu was the lowest state university ..FUTO was paying 4500 IMSU Was paying 7500 this was during udenwa era and I graduated from the state ....so why do people bring disunity in igbo land

Anambra na imo bu nwanne
Remain blessed Tony. Let PDP and APC fight their battles, they shouldn't drag Umuigbo into their macabre dance of shame.
Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by tonychristopher: 12:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
Chiwude:
Remain blessed Tony. Let PDP and APC fight their battles, they shouldn't drag Umuigbo into their macabre dance of shame.

Otua ka odi nwanna

Don't mind them

2 Likes

Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by IGBOPRINCE: 1:13pm On Feb 12, 2016
tonychristopher:

Anambra na imo bu nwanne
seconded
Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by jonathanOz: 1:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
seconded
tonychristopher:

Anambra na imo bu nwanne
IGBOPRINCE:
seconded
Thirded
Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by joeprince23(m): 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
Chiwude:

what imo state is doing is setting a bad precidence even rivers state university diobu has retaliated by increment of fees for imolites and other non-indegenes
Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by joeprince23(m): 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2016
tonychristopher:

Anambra na imo bu nwanne
although I am not from SE but I'm equally an igbo man so this is not about bringing dis-unity(you are not more igbo than me)

1 Like

Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by joeprince23(m): 3:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
YourMrBoo:
What an hypocritical fella wanna use Anambra to cover up his motives.

I can remember when student's protested in rivers BC of the unfavorable policies adopted for non indigenes of the state.

Even on that thread people were advising they should take advantage of their state or like charging same policy on every rivers indigine in any other state in Nigeria rather than Rivers.

what I'm saying is he can give free education to only imolites good and fine,but he shouldn't increase fees for non imolites
Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by tonychristopher: 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2016
akuko Mike Ejeagha...

Ngwere nile makpulu amakpu..anyi amaghi nke afo na asaa..... isi na iwu onye igbo...

ofeke na eji aka ekpe asi na ihe bu bee nna m

nna ibughi ya

joeprince23:
although I am not from SE but I'm equally an igbo man so this is not about bringing dis-unity(you are not more igbo than me)
Re: Gov.okorocha's Cruelty Towards Rivers And Anambra Indigines by joeprince23(m): 11:08pm On Feb 12, 2016
tonychristopher:
akuko Mike Ejeagha...

Ngwere nile makpulu amakpu..anyi amaghi nke afo na asaa..... isi na iwu onye igbo...

ofeke na eji aka ekpe asi na ihe bu bee nna m

nna ibughi ya

bro were nwayo muwa wu wafor

(1) (Reply)

SOLUTION TO FULANI HERDSMEN'S KILLINGS........"STOP EATING BEEF" CAMPAIGN! / Another Terror Group Attacks Nigeria!! As Boko Haram Is Sidelined / 36 State Governors In Nigeria 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.