Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,341 members, 7,888,078 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:47 PM

IPOD Conversation With The Yoruba Friend- One Nigeria Concept - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOD Conversation With The Yoruba Friend- One Nigeria Concept (1290 Views)

Revealed; What My Yoruba Friend Told Me. / Read The Content Of President Buhari's Phone Conversation With Donald Trump / Between A Biafran And His Yoruba Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOD Conversation With The Yoruba Friend- One Nigeria Concept by tonychristopher: 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
A Yoruba friend asked an IPOB Friend this ---:--- under what conditions would you support One Nigeria and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it died down and finally laid to rest for good ?. Here was my response:

1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.

2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports…only local connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights…direct and major connecting flights.

3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.

4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.

5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.

6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to PH, as the oil capital of Nigeria .

7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points .

8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should be handled by one local companies and the one in the SE/SS should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.

7.. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50years , we can try one Nigeria and let see if you the North and SW will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c.

The Yoruba friend replied: you can’t be serious, this is wickedness. I said really? Don’t you think South Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? He was quiet for a few seconds and said: wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that’s the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting from it, love it and would love to maintain the status quo. Let each region develop at her own pace , with airport, sea ports , industries , major projects open to be develop in any part of Nigeria without government interference or strangulation due to tribalism and nepotism !.

Let Nigeria be fair to all irrespective of tribe, religion and place of birth. Let there be true federalism and resources control, with the elimination of quota system and federalism character in Nigeria .Let have equal respect for one another irrespective of where the person is coming from in Nigeria.That is what Biafra agitation is all about ..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOD Conversation With The Yoruba Friend- One Nigeria Concept by Eyepencil: 4:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
We all know the truth just that an average nigerian is a crook.

"Nigerians are criminals"- BUBU

2 Likes

Re: IPOD Conversation With The Yoruba Friend- One Nigeria Concept by GeneralBiati(m): 4:24pm On Feb 12, 2016
simple logic,thumbs up op, but na old gist naa. #eMILI
Re: IPOD Conversation With The Yoruba Friend- One Nigeria Concept by obailala(m): 4:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
tonychristopher:
A Yoruba friend asked an IPOB Friend this ---:--- under what conditions would you support One Nigeria and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it died down and finally laid to rest for good ?. Here was my response:

1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.

2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports…only local connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights…direct and major connecting flights.

3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.

4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.

5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.

6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to PH, as the oil capital of Nigeria .

7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points .

8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should be handled by one local companies and the one in the SE/SS should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.

7.. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50years , we can try one Nigeria and let see if you the North and SW will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c.

The Yoruba friend replied: you can’t be serious, this is wickedness. I said really? Don’t you think South Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? He was quiet for a few seconds and said: wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that’s the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting from it, love it and would love to maintain the status quo. Let each region develop at her own pace , with airport, sea ports , industries , major projects open to be develop in any part of Nigeria without government interference or strangulation due to tribalism and nepotism !.

Let Nigeria be fair to all irrespective of tribe, religion and place of birth. Let there be true federalism and resources control, with the elimination of quota system and federalism character in Nigeria .Let have equal respect for one another irrespective of where the person is coming from in Nigeria.That is what Biafra agitation is all about ..
While leaders of other zones are busy in Abuja scheming for development and economic activities to come to their zones, the million dollar question is, "what have Igbo leaders been doing all these decades in Abuja?" How can you overlook the failure of Igbo leaders and then put the blame on leaders of other zones who are simply hustling to better the lot of their people?? What have all the leaders of the SS and SE been doing for the past few decades that all the seaports in the eastern zone were allowed to collapse?? Now you expect the SW to sit back and close the Lagos seaports and handover all the business and customers to the SE or SS?? When would some people wake up and understand that just like in business, it has always been about competition?? The opponent/competitors will not win the coveted price and then just hand it over to you.

What were the leaders of the SS and SE doing when all the foreign oil companies ran away and relocated to Lagos??... Not too long ago I remember Amaechi fighting for NLNG HQ to be moved to PH and that battle was won, the big question is, what have all other leaders of the SE and SS been doing?? Now you expect the SW to sit back and allow the business customers they have managed to scheme to Lagos to be handed back to the SE and SS on a platter of gold just like that?? Meanwhile the Amaechi who did this is referred to as a Judas because he did not support election of GEJ (who ironically did not do anything for the SS/SE)

Youths from the SE and SS need to wake up from this long slumber and smell the coffee. We're in a rat race where the winners take all without mercy. In a football team, if your players are not good enough, you substitute them for better players, you don't sit back and blame the other teams for scoring goals.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOD Conversation With The Yoruba Friend- One Nigeria Concept by SDAC: 5:13pm On Feb 12, 2016
Pls Op how has that stopped you from actualizing you dreams. I believe d greatest wish of sum1 in Pakistan,Afghanistan and Syria is to ve a peacful enviroment to actualize their dreams but dats a joke of d year, yet dy struggle to survive. Here in Nigeria, I as an igbo person can move freely in all d state of Nigeria without any phobia, I can attend any school I wish to attend as long as I merit it nd its within my catchment area, I can work any where. Mind you d person who created all dis mind set of secession(major J kaduna Nzeogwu) never supported ojukwu nd his idiosyncrasies of biafra, kaduna believed in one Nigeria. He said nd I unequivocally quote "secession will b ill advised, indeed impossible. Even if d east fights a war of secession and wins, it still cannot secede. Personally, I don't like secession and if this country disintegrates, I shall pack my things and go." this country being refer to as zoo has produced great amazons and orators of which some were trained within d confines of d East nd impacted positively in other part of our dear country Nigeria, others were not trained within d confines of d east, mind u when I say trained I mean in d tertiary institutions xample of great igbo amazons and orators are chinua achebe, Dora akunyili, ken saro wiwa(hu never supported biafra) , d great zik, chimamanda, professor anyawu(first Nigeria cardiothoracic surgeon) Philip emeagwali. jst to mention but a few. D so called zoo has also produced great pple e.g d great nd dreaded gani fawengimi(Hu stood 4 d truth even against his own pple), bola ige, wole soyinka, tafa belewa, professor ladoke(first Nigeria neurosurgeon) d great great AWO I can continue to go on nd on mentioning great nigerians irrespective of their origin. D onus now lies on us we d take over generation, to superced their achievment nd this can only b achieved by we working assiduously to defend our dear county Nigeria in every ramifications, rather than celebrating our ignorance, I believe in one great country which is Nigeria. With all sense of humility my advice to us all is let us work hard and give our very best to d world nd nigeria, d world is waiting for us, it waited for chinua achebe he give his best to literature, it waited for Gani he gave his best as a legal luminary nd a justice fighter, it waited for d great AWO nd he delivered w d help of GOD, u also can do it. For d record I am an igbo boy fresh to d socks. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: IPOD Conversation With The Yoruba Friend- One Nigeria Concept by orisa37: 5:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
The Ibos are really bitter about their lives in Nigeria. They feel that Nigeria, as presently constituted is making them dull. The NASS should now seriously organize to amend the Nigerian Constitution to grant FULL AUTONOMY to State Governments. They should be responsible for sourcing and applying their own fund. . And only paying a uniform percentage rate to the Federal Government.
Re: IPOD Conversation With The Yoruba Friend- One Nigeria Concept by IGBOPRINCE: 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
I don't care about the headquarters of those companies,embassy and co.
The most important thing to me now is that the federal government should be fair enough to work on eastern terrain or dredge river niger and imo river so as to have assess to SEAPORT cheesy
There should be functional international airports that can travel all around the world rather than coming to lagos or abuja to book a ticket.

Then I will forget totally on the path of a new nation cheesy without that there is no negotiation further grin
Re: IPOD Conversation With The Yoruba Friend- One Nigeria Concept by BaddieKay(f): 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
Lmao,SE scoring 20 to get admission while the Northh 300?Now that's funny,more like future impossible cut off mark cheesy
Re: IPOD Conversation With The Yoruba Friend- One Nigeria Concept by ckmayoca: 6:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
No reasonable igbo will say these so na lie. Dis is a discussion btw 2 educated illiterates.
Re: IPOD Conversation With The Yoruba Friend- One Nigeria Concept by macjive01: 7:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
really...

(1) (Reply)

.... / Edo 2016 Election: We’re Ready To Chase Out Oshiomhole / JUST IN!!! We're On Same Mission With Nnamdi Kanu - ND Avengers Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.