Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,833 members, 7,948,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 02:29 PM

Professor Jibrilla Dahiru Amin (OFR) Has Fulfil His Promise - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professor Jibrilla Dahiru Amin (OFR) Has Fulfil His Promise (3733 Views)

Photos:Abu Best Graduating Student, Al-amin Bags NNPC Post Graduate Scholarship / Al-Amin Bashir Bugaje, ABU Zaria Best Student 2017. Gets NNPC Scholarship / 5 Secondary School Students Promise Not To Get Pregnant Till They Graduate. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Professor Jibrilla Dahiru Amin (OFR) Has Fulfil His Promise by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 14, 2016
The tenure of the pioneer Vice Chancellor Federal University Dutse Expires this Monday 15 Feb 2016.

A Veterinarian, former VC of University of Maiduguri and a Pioneer Vice Chancellor Of Federal University Dutse and a member of the Governing Council of Nigerian Turkish Nile University Professor Jibrilla Dahiru Amin (OFR). Aalso a Chairman of the National Universities Commission Standing Committee on Private Universities (SCOPU) and a visiting professor at Nuc.

Professor Amin was decorated with the medal, Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic in 2006 by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Some Quotes From This Gentle Man

D'HERALD: CONSIDERING THE VOLATILE NATURE OF UNIVERSITIES HOW DO YOU RECONCILE YOUR GENTLE NATURE WITH THE CHALLENGES OF A VICE-CHANCELLOR?

VC PROF JD AMIN: "That is the more reason why you need a gentle person. But a gentle person does not mean you can condone indiscipline. I am also a parent- I am gentle with my children but when they go wrong, I tell them to conform to the terms of the society. I can be very firm about that. So if I can be firm with my children whom I love and cherish so much, why not other people? So I am only gentle with ladies and gentlemen and really rough with roughians"

"We will try to follow the university calendar rigidly"

Every beginning must surely have an end, invention is a child of necessity..

Missing you is not our wish, our dear father, mentor and hero in the historic setting of federal university as well as Nigeria as a whole..

We really anticipate your courage, commitment and dedication towards
making FUD a better place for us to leave.

You prevent this noble institution from falling into the danger of Lucifer as well as inefficiency..

I personally congratulate you over hitch free tenure as well as over the successful creation of effective pioneery hallmark for functionary well being of this historic institution.

The afore mentioned students will like to this medium to say bossa, kudos and a job well done to you sir the hero of the moment

Prof JD. AMIN (Pioneer VC Fud)
Re: Professor Jibrilla Dahiru Amin (OFR) Has Fulfil His Promise by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 14, 2016
BIOGRAPHY

Professor Jibrila Dahiru Amin was born in Song, Adamawa State on 15th October, 1958.
He completed his primary education at the Uba Central Primary School in Borno State in 1970. From there he attended Yelwa Government Secondary School Yola, now Aliyu Mustapha College from January 1971 to June, 1975.

He was a student of the then North East College of Arts and Science, Maiduguri between October 1975 and 1977.
He was then admitted into the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria to read Veterinary Medicine in October, 1977. He graduated in June, 1982 with the DVM degree. He did his NYSC as an Assistant Lecturer and Resident Veterinarian in the Department of Animal Science, Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt. On completion of his NYSC, he was appointed as an Assistant Lecturer at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Maiduguri in September, 1983. The University of Maiduguri then sponsored him for his Postgraduate studies at the Royal Veterinary College of the University of London where he bagged a Masters degree in Animal Health in September, 1985.

He returned to Maiduguri and was promoted to the rank of Lecturer II. He subsequently sought and obtained a Commonwealth Scholarship which enabled him return to the Royal Veterinary College to pursue a Ph.D degree programme. He graduated in June, 1991.

He returned to Maiduguri and was promoted to the rank of Lecturer I and subsequently Senior Lecturer in 1993 the same year he was appointed Head of Department of Veterinary Surgery and Reproduction.

He was also appointed as the Coordinator of the Remedial Science Programme.

He was a Rockefeller Biotechnology Fellow between 1993 and 1995. This involved three months visit abroad annually to carry out research in his Alma Mata, the University of London. He enrolled and obtained a Postgraduate Diploma in Management of the University of Maiduguri and is a Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management.

His publications in Veterinary Medicine are widely acknowledged internationally. He has also served his Profession in various capacities from his University days to date.

He was promoted to the substantive rank of Professor of Veterinary Theriogenology in October, 1998. In March 1999, he was appointed Deputy Vice Chancellor, Central Administration a position he held until 2003. He served as Chairman of the Strategic Planning Committee, Students Affairs Committee and several other Committees of the University.

In May 2003, on the recommendation of the then Governing Council of the University of Maiduguri, he was appointed the Vice Chancellor by the then President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He completed his tenure in May 2008 and is now a Visiting Professor at the National Universities Commission.

He served as Chairman, Committee of Vice Chancellors from May 2007 to May 2008 and also Member of Council of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. He served as a Member of the International Year of Volunteers as well as the Industrial/manufacturing Sub-committee of the National Council on Privatization.

He is an elected member of the Veterinary Council of Nigeria. Professor Amin is married to Hindu, who is a Lecturer in Marketing and the marriage is blessed with five children. For his contributions to the Veterinary Profession and Academia, Professor Amin was decorated with the medal, Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic in 2006 by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Professor Amin is currently the Chairman of the National Universities Commission Standing Committee on Private Universities (SCOPU).

He was appointed as the pioneer Vice Chancellor of Federal University Dutse by Federal Government Of Nigeria on 15th Feb 2011

(1) (Reply)

Photos From LASU Theatre Arts Students Induction Ceremony / How Can I Get Poly Jamb Form/scratch Card / What Do You Call This Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.