Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,819 members, 7,889,689 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:16 PM

How Do I Handle This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle This? (1088 Views)

How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? / My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? / Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle This? by JonTal: 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
My eldest uncle's wife died at the hospital about four months ago after she suffered a stroke when she went to the market.

The burial and everything about it were done without letting the two youngest children know what has happened.

After the burial my cousin(the senior daughter) called me to inform the children about what happened as she couldn't do it herself too.

Unfortunately, my uncle was at home the day I visited them. I talked to him about it and he assured me that he will let them know, but he hasn't as I type this.

The children I am talking about are 4 and 7 years old. They are still been lied to that their mother is at the hospital.

I believe that they deserve to know the truth.

What do you guys think? Thanks mightily.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by missingrib(f): 9:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
its not easy telling them and at same time they won't understand until they grow older.just chill but the earlier the better
Re: How Do I Handle This? by eightsin(m): 9:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
So they didn't participate in the burial?
Re: How Do I Handle This? by JonTal: 9:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
eightsin:
So they didn't participate in the burial?

No. They didn't. My uncle kept them completely away because of the pains he thought they would go through.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by doomsdayII(m): 9:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
JonTal:
My eldest uncle's wife died at the hospital about four months ago after she suffered a [/b]stoke[b] when she went to the market.

The burial and everything about it were done without letting the two youngest children know what has happened.

After the burial my cousin(the senior daughter) called me to inform the children about what happened as she couldn't do it herself too.

Unfortunately, my uncle was at home the day I visited them. I talked to him about it and he assured me that he will let them know, but he hasn't as I type this.

The children I am talking about are 4 and 7 years old. They are still been lied to that their mother is at the hospital.

I believe that they deserve to know the truth.

What do you guys think? Thanks mightily.
Are you sure man utd isn't the problem
Re: How Do I Handle This? by eightsin(m): 9:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
JonTal:

No. They didn't. My uncle kept them completely away because of the pains he thought they would go through.

This is so wrong!!! But I am sure they have their reasons and I suggest you ask so you find out.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by JonTal: 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
doomsdayII:

Are you sure man utd isn't the problem

You are very funny @doomsdayII. Thanks very much for spotting out that typo. I have modified it
Re: How Do I Handle This? by gidjah(m): 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
Let it be so for now, might not really make any difference even to the 7yr old,they will all grow to understand .Mummy has travelled to a distant land o!
Re: How Do I Handle This? by JonTal: 9:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
eightsin:

This is so wrong!!! But I am sure they have their reasons and I suggest you ask so you find out.

I believe with you about this being wrong. The only reason I know here is that he is afraid to face the children and tell them that their mother is late.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by JonTal: 9:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
eightsin:

I believe with you about this being wrong. The only reason I know here is that he is afraid to face the children and tell them that their mother is late. What I fail to understand is how a man will not be able to bear seeing his children cry for at most one month.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
JonTal:

don't tell them so they don't fall sick
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Eleniyan15: 10:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
nothing so special...just let em know that mum has travelled....lobatan
talking from experience Buh vice versa
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Tell them say dia mama go act action film with obama and she go take time b4 she come back.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FCT Water Board - There Might Be No Water In Some Areas In Abuja On The 19th / School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate / Is It Right To Travel (from Delta To Enugu State) For A Sales Boy Marketing Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.