Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,054 members, 7,949,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:04 PM

My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me (31918 Views)

Boy Friend Proposed With Her Nurse Friend(video) / Man Proposed To A Curvy Lady And Was Blasted For That. Photos / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Oche211(m): 12:56pm On Feb 15, 2016
Did u accept d ring? If u did, there is no advice. Just try nd invite us to d wedding.
If u didn't accept d ring, just go back nd take it nd thank me later.
All d best.

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by RoyalBlak007: 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2016
dovezeeta:
u r a gold digger! Retired runz geh, c question. U urself r u financially stable?
Your reasoning is as old as an artifact...byee
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by RoyalBlak007: 1:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
kennysteve77:

You are very wrong to have asked that question. What has that got to do with marrying an ex's best friend? Think of more sensible questions and ask again...
Niggie?....u have more problems than i and her's combined...why don't you focus on how to get through that this year.....instead of taking panadol for another persons headache...#Bless
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Ayauche(f): 1:30pm On Feb 15, 2016
What might favour u might not favour me but I f I were in ur shoes ooo I won't accept and for the fact that he's ur ex best friend I will just say u look elsewhere to avoid stories later.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by RoyalBlak007: 1:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

Can't marry a poor man but equally cannot marry a guy cos of his money
I gat ya!... grin u don't wanna admit it on Nairaland....buh we know....i mean the real G's knows wassup...we know how it goes....#Bless
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by 123papas(m): 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
before
mizzkweenbee:

Am I going to marry his financial status undecided
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

Had to hug him to save him the embarrassment but I didn't take the ring.told him I needed time
You are smart, just be careful and observe him closely. Good luck

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by 0079jaBond(m): 1:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
What you should be considering is if you love him and want to spend the rest of your life with him; not his being nice or whatever.
I think you should get your priorities right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by snowblaq(f): 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
Emac34:
Run and get that ringgrin befor u forget u ganna be thirty tomorrowundecided
jst cos u r goin to b 30 or watever soon doesnt mean u shld accept any tom dick nd harry...tomoro now all of u dat gave d advice dat she tks d ring wld laff at her wen she starts complaining of d guy after marriage.....even in ur hurry to get married or watever.....dont act out of deaperation
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by seangy4konji: 3:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
Don't ask me stupid question.

What was yor own answer to the proposal
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Analysiscorner: 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
FrenchyL:
Hi. Please do yourself a favour and #RUNAWAYFAST

It is a very fishy arrangement. I mean does he think that you are desperate to marry. My guess is that if he has his way with you, he would quickly move on with his life. Be wise.
On the contrary, I feel that the new man has seen her quality and it pains him that she has been used and dumped. Therefore, he wants to show that he is man enough to appreciate her person by not giving her room to assume that he, like the ex, is a playboy, too. Hence, the quick proposal.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Analysiscorner: 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
ceejay80s:

Husband and wife must surely quarrel, u know Wetin go come out for the man mouth when una dey quarrel?
"after sleeping with my friend and all the street boys, I manage marry u" talk must plenty for the marriage
But she was lied to, as regards the marital status of the ex. And she hadn't been caught cheating b4.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by shadol0083(m): 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
You know what to do.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Adeyeancah(m): 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
I'll try and make this as brief as possible. Have been dating this guy for almost a year now. Things were going smoothly till he travelled(outside the country)early this year, I got to find out he is married but the wife stays outside and he has relocated to go be with her. After he left, his best friend started calling me often, sending me messages, tryna check on me and all that. I didn't really take it serious till few days ago, he called me and was like since we both didn't av a date for val, let him take me out. I obliged. He took me to a fancy restaurant and was telling me how much he has always loved me and had wanted to tell me about his friend but didn't wanna betray him. I was shocked outta ma senses when he brought out a ring and proposed in front of everyone. Now my question is, can u marry ur ex's best friend, can I really trust this guy, isn't he like his friend. He's a nice guy really but I dnt know if i can marry him. Your advice'll really be appreciated.
"he brought out a ring and proposed in
front of everyone". I don't get it, he proposed to u ,isn't it? Definately,you must had said YES or NO...so why are you asking us this?
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Adaeze003(f): 4:30pm On Feb 15, 2016
He has always loved you and he stood there, said nothing while the said best friend used you?

I'd call bull but just let us know how it all goes down... wink wink

*love gbakwaoku*
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Unlimited22: 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2016
Lovetinz:

Perfect Compliment.

Your Ass has been pummeled for a whole year.
That was Infantry.

Now, another Invader is at the gate.
This time, Its heavy artillery.

Double fuckgratulations. grin
Triple fuckgratulations
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Anextin(f): 4:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
That's your own kind of person. When u meet a good woman and you wish for her to be Urs but a situation like this occurs. You will just keep praying for God to remove the obstacles so you can move in. That could be it in this case. Maybe the friend saw in her everything he wants in a woman but couldn't make a move cos of his friend. Now that he's no longer in the way, the guy doesn't want another idiot blocking his way. And hey proposing to a woman just for sex id too stale.
AfroKnight:
I can never date my friend's ex no matter how beautiful she is. This guy had to date his friend's ex. Who does that? It is sad that you even agreed to date him. Instead of you to run far from such guys.

Well, maybe you don't value loyalty. A man that cannot let his friend's ex be is a man without loyalties.

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Anextin(f): 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
My dear, do not dismiss this man, get to know him better, he felt if he comes with the whole dating thing you will think he has come to finish what his friend started. And wasting much time would give you space to date other people thereby losing you. All men are not same. He must have seen qualities he needed in.a wife in you, hence his fast approach. Give him a chance, he might be the best you ever meet

2 Likes

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by 2special10: 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2016
Keep him but any day He mention sex to u instead of wedding plans gv him bk d ring.

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
I'll try and make this as brief as possible. Have been dating this guy for almost a year now. Things were going smoothly till he travelled(outside the country)early this year, I got to find out he is married but the wife stays outside and he has relocated to go be with her. After he left, his best friend started calling me often, sending me messages, tryna check on me and all that. I didn't really take it serious till few days ago, he called me and was like since we both didn't av a date for val, let him take me out. I obliged. He took me to a fancy restaurant and was telling me how much he has always loved me and had wanted to tell me about his friend but didn't wanna betray him. I was shocked outta ma senses when he brought out a ring and proposed in front of everyone. Now my question is, can u marry ur ex's best friend, can I really trust this guy, isn't he like his friend. He's a nice guy really but I dnt know if i can marry him. Your advice'll really be appreciated.

Nothing wey we no go hear after Val grin grin grin grin

My Advice: Nooooooooor fuucck up ooo. grin grin grin grin
Dive d ring but if u don't like him then let him go. There is no sentiment in making
that kind of decision because its for life...until death seperates d both of u. Ur call..
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

Your reasoning is as old as an artifact...byee
I agree but keep waiting for a financially stable man till u become an artefact
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Mrsharpmind1(m): 5:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
U need advice!!! I'll giv u 1,,,,,don't date him,,,,look elsewhere for marriage,,,,,
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Quonset: 5:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
Get out of that mess as soon as possible. And run, don't walk. It's got trouble written all over it.

2 Likes

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by rapmike(m): 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2016
AfroKnight:
I can never date my friend's ex no matter how beautiful she is. This guy had to date his friend's ex. Who does that? It is sad that you even agreed to date him. Instead of you to run far from such guys.

Well, maybe you don't value loyalty. A man that cannot let his friend's ex be is a man without loyalties.

The Ex has already married here! Will she ignore the guy just because of the Ex? Abi she go do babymama for the Ex?

I don't see anything wrong in her actions, nothing to be loyal about since the dude has obviously forgotten about her. Besides as she said, she is not dating him.

@ Mizzkweenbee, please reject that proposal. Most guys that act like that have secondary motives that are less than decent. He is trying to emotional blackmail you to marriage. I can tell you that he used the val date because of the attention.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by RoyalBlak007: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
dovezeeta:
I agree but keep waiting for a financially stable man till u become an artefact

Dumbo! ama guy...not a -fagg like you undecided
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Emac34: 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
snowblaq:
jst cos u r goin to b 30 or watever soon doesnt mean u shld accept any tom dick nd harry...tomoro now all of u dat gave d advice dat she tks d ring wld laff at her wen she starts complaining of d guy after marriage.....even in ur hurry to get married or watever.....dont act out of deaperation
dats ur opinion
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by MarieSucre(f): 6:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
AfroKnight:

Take your own advice, young lady. English language is perhaps not your forte.

Nonsense.

You obviously did not read her post. Next time do so, so you don't make a fool out of yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by adellam16(f): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
Ask ur family not us.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by zubinike(m): 7:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
MarieSucre:

You obviously did not read her post. Next time do so, so you don't make a fool out of yourself.

Probably compounding OP's issue walahi. Anyway I like your Moniker "
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by zubinike(m): 7:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
MarieSucre:

Probably compounding OP's issue walahi. Anyway I like your Moniker "Marie sucre"
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Diamondqueen(f): 7:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
Elosky20:
fuckgratulations

elosky, if u are not helping the lady, shut your smelling ass up and take a seat.

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Elosky20: 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
Diamondqueen:

elosky, if u are not helping the lady, shut your smelling ass up and take a seat.
na wa o, are u the guy she is talking of

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"If A Man Can Have 4 Wives, A Woman Can Also Have 4 Husbands" - Nigerian Lady / Boyfriend Is Finding Out Details About Me From An Unknown Source. Help!!! / If A Girl Walks Up To A Man And Expresses Her Feelings; Is She Cheap Or Brave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.