Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,869 members, 7,879,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:26 AM

'APC Plotting To Assassinate Me,' Ex-senate President Alleges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'APC Plotting To Assassinate Me,' Ex-senate President Alleges (712 Views)

Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court / ‘They’ Want To Kill Me, Ex-militants Leader Tompolo Writes Buhari / Dasuki Wanted To Assassinate Me For Reporting Him To Jonathan – NATFORCE DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'APC Plotting To Assassinate Me,' Ex-senate President Alleges by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 15, 2016
Former senate president, David Mark, has accused his main opponent in the senatorial election in Benue state, Daniel Onjeh, of plotting to assassinate him. Njeh is contesting under the aegis of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The two-time senate president said the party has hired cultists to incite violence in south senatorial district ahead of Saturday’s rerun election.

Mark is vying to return to the senate after the the appeal court annulment of his victory in the last senatorial election in the state.

In a statement released by his media aide, Paul Mumeh, he said Onjeh connived with the state's deputy governor, Benson Abounu, to hire cult members with the aim of targeting his (Mark) life.

The statement reads in part: “Plots by the All Progressive Congress (APC)  chieftains in Benue state to assassinate former President of the Senate  Senator David Mark ahead of the Saturday  February 20, 2016, rerun election  for Benue South has been uncovered.

“The  APC candidate for the election Daniel Onjeh, through his campaign Director, Okpokwu Ogenyi, in connivance with the state deputy governor Benson Abounu, are alleged to have hired the services of cultists to unleash terror in Benue South and in the process target Senator Mark for elimination.

“Credible sources listed the cultists hired for the assassination to include the notorious Supreme Vikings squad from Jos, Plateau state as well as the dreaded in Makurdi  Benue state.”

It further said Mark has petitioned the inspector-general of police (IGP), Solomon Arase, on the development.

Mark alleged that security operatives of the Deputy Governor of the state fired several shots into his family compound on Sunday.

“Already, Senator Mark has alerted the Inspector General of Police (IGP) Solomon Arase of the plot by the APC stalwarts in Benue to assassinate him,”
the statement reads.

“The petition signed by Mark’s counsel Mr. Ken Ikonne alleged that one Okpokwu Ogenyi masterminded  the plot.

“In the petition, Ikonne told the IGP that it is obvious that Ogenyi knows more about the assassination plot than he has revealed. “Our client has therefore instructed us to petition you ( IGP) to, as a matter of urgency, apprehend and interrogate Ogenyi to throw more light on the details of this grave assassination plot before he and his associates carry out the dastardly plot.

“Only yesterday, police said to be attached to the State Deputy Governor Benson Abounu fired several gun shots into the family house of Senator Mark in Otukpo.

“No reason was given for the unprovoked attack and no arrest has been made.

“A couple of weeks ago, Benue  State chairman of the APC Mr. Abbah Yaro  was quoted as saying ‘if Senator Mark wants, let him win the election in seven out of the nine local government areas  but no returning officer born of a woman will dare declare him."

The APC Chairman in the state, Abbah Yaro, was also quoted as saying Mark would not be declared as winner of the election even if he emerges victorious.
Re: 'APC Plotting To Assassinate Me,' Ex-senate President Alleges by Nelson05(m): 8:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
So even the rich & powerful cry too .
Re: 'APC Plotting To Assassinate Me,' Ex-senate President Alleges by DaBullIT(m): 10:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
Oluwa save him

(1) (Reply)

Cambridge Bronze Taken Down, May Be Returned To Nigeria / Ben Murray-bruce, Jay Jay Okocha And Others Attend ABL Tip Off (photos) / CORRUPTION American Bancorp Bank Writes To Buhari Plans To Return Amaechi’s Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.