Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,374 members, 7,940,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today (1501 Views)

Naira Exchanges At Record-low, N510 A Dollar / Naira Sinks To Record Low At N420 Against Dollar / Nigerian Cenbank Sells $100m As Naira Pulls Back From Record Low - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by olillywales(m): 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
The Naira on Monday slumped further at the parallel market, NAN reports...

The Naira lost N5 to exchange at N340 to the dollar, a depreciation of 1.5 per cent.

The local currency last week fell from 310 to 338 as acute shortage of the dollar lingered as Nigerians scramble to get the greenback.

Meanwhile, the official Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) rate remained at N197 to the dollar.

Traders at the market decried the increasing fall of the nation’s currency, pointing out that the market had remained dull as the scarcity of the dollar stifles economic activities.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/naira-slumps-to-record-low-of-n340-to.html

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by Marvel1206: 9:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
'I will make one naira equal to a dollar'

7 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by KanwuliaExtra: 9:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hmmmmmmm. . . . .

Did not stop OsinBADE from spending Val day with his wife in Dubai o! wink

4 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by excellentmomma(f): 9:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
Now it's high time buhari and his cbn allows banks to start autonomous sales to boost supplies into the market, it's just high time.

If not the inflation this thing will cause eh, hmmm
Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by mrjangaweed: 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
killing Buhari psychologically and emotionally is a task everyone should embark on if you still want a better tomorrow

4 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by bilulu(m): 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
and d media is quiet about it...... if na Dasuki or Metuh now

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by babyphaze07(m): 9:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
Are these people feeling the effect of this naira-dollar exchange rate. The masses are really reaping the fruit of buying into one naira=one dollar promise. You will reap what you sow.
Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by johnmartus(m): 9:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
i blame jonathan for that yes i blame him
Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by Emekamex(m): 9:58pm On Feb 15, 2016

5 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by Marvel1206: 10:22pm On Feb 15, 2016
this thing just dey pain me...

it breaks my heart to see naira fall errday

Mr lalasticlala come and see sad
Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by HiddenShadow: 10:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
What do expect when educated dummies voted a man who failed all his exams

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by Sant1m: 10:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
Marvel1206:
'I will make one naira equal to a dollar'
To shut up wailers and wailing, the president should come down from his moral high horse, loot from CBN 2.1B dollars immediately and give it to Ameachi to disburse, i assure you Mr president that by the time this amount and others gets into the hands of mallams, that will sell them on our behalf, Naira will reduce to 250 due to over supply, and if you continues helping us to loot and supply to the black market sir, like this i assure you that dollar wiii hit 200 by June. Pls pmb shut wailers up by proving to them that the price of dollars in the parrarel market during Gej was artificial, achievable only through illicit supply to the black via corrupt funds, pls, stop restoring this country on the part of sanity wailers don't want it. Though they are few, i would ve loved to see you sir, disburse our National wealth to your lovers while excluding them, i would love our own Ameachigate, Danbazuagate and even osinbanjogate. So that at the end there will be nothing to gate again. Baba you are just too honest for my liking, i wish you can use your powers to remove Fayose the same way Gej removed Nyako. Baba return impunity these wailers needs to get a dose, they don't ve memories of FG impunity against them., infact Baba how i wish you relax so that Atiku or El Rufai can act for you a little. You are just too honest, Nigeria does not deserve such honesty.

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by Zurielistic: 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
Mehnnn, this is craaazzyyyy.

I think it's high time they moved the official interbank rate to something around #250 - #300 per $1. Otherwise, the future of the Nigerian economy may be out on a limb.
Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by YourMrBoo: 11:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Bubu body odour is scaring our naira ooo

2 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by suxkill: 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thank God both the wailers and zombies are feeling the effects of this changi.

My zombie neighbor was wailing seriously last week,just because he could not meet up with a client expectation whom he promised to buy a clean and (grade a)car for in Cotuno.

Rather, he bought rubbish due to naira depreciation and went to the garage to retouch the car.Unknowingly,the owner has googled information about the car,and observed that the car was an accident car.Presently my zombie neighbor is chilling in cell as @ yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by YourMrBoo: 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
Bubu body odour is suffocating the naira

2 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by Sibrah: 11:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
Jonathan and his clique would av invited Togo to come buy shares in project Nigeria had he been allowed to continue.
Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by chinchum(m): 11:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
Fall of Naira is guaranteed as long as there is dollar scarcity, there would be scarcity of dollars as long as our foreign reserves continues to fall, it is currently @27 billion usd a 11 year low, no thanks to drop in crude oil price. We need exports that will earn the country foreign exchange. Buhari is no magician. # Think export not import

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by grandstar(m): 12:44am On Feb 16, 2016
Zurielistic:
Mehnnn, this is craaazzyyyy.

I think it's high time they moved the official interbank rate to something around #250 - #300 per $1. Otherwise, the future of the Nigerian economy may be out on a limb.

1,000,000 likes. Even at 230, the black market and the official rate will converge. Buhari hates devaluations and feels those who buy from the black market are unpatriotic and deserve to buy at 500! There should not be more than a 3% differential between the official rate and the black market.Its already over 60%!
Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by Nobody: 2:40am On Feb 16, 2016
I love this ooo. May it be 1000 naira to a dollar by mid april.
God punish change.

Re: Naira Slumps To Record Low Of N340 To USD1 Today by wisov(m): 4:31am On Feb 16, 2016
Dose exporting from Nigeria are making excess money! Dey wud even love it if dollar goes to 500 naira! Pple shud think export not import! Top 5 economies are d largest exporters not importers! China,india,brazil,japan,usa! Nigeria is 24th bcus of crude oil export,whc as now fallen! So if we don't encourage or force nigerians to export oda commodities we will crumble in d long run!

(1) (Reply)

150k Loan / The Govt Shld Ban All Gaming Systems Like Betja, Nairabet Etc To Recover / Wheat Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.