Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,913 members, 7,890,032 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:56 AM

Official: Ancelotti Says “terry Is My Captain” - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official: Ancelotti Says “terry Is My Captain” (563 Views)

Carlo Ancelotti Appointed As Real Madrid Manager / Terry Is Banned For Four Matches / Congrats: John Terry Is Getting Married On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Official: Ancelotti Says “terry Is My Captain” by tysante(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2009
Carlo Ancelotti, speaking for the first time to the world's media as Chelsea manager, has given a clear message on the future of John Terry. With Manchester City having made an offer for the transfer of the Chelsea captain, completely rejected by the club, the future of our longest-serving player was a certainty for discussion, and Ancelotti has already made a major decision.

'John Terry is a symbol of this team and he will captain next time, and in the future,' said the Italian. 'He said he wants to stay forever at Chelsea and we want to keep him forever. Now there is a question from Manchester City, the price - but for Terry, no price. 'Terry will be captain of Chelsea forever,' Ancelotti said for emphasis. 'He said that he wants to stay, there is no problem for him, and for us the story continues.

'I spoke with Terry one month ago when I came to the club and he welcomed me, and after he went on holiday and returns on July 9. 'I will speak with him because he is the captain and I want to have a good relationship with the captain and all the players, but the captain is an important person in the dressing room.' In past interviews Terry has spoken of his desire to be seen as Chelsea's version of Paolo Maldini - the ultimate 'one club man'. The recently-retired AC Milan legend is of course someone well known to Ancelotti.

'He [Terry] is very close to Maldini, for professionalism, quality, and I think he will be the best captain for Chelsea. 'I think that there is not a player that makes a team. A lot of great players can make a great team, if they work together to reach the same objective in the season.'

Get more soccer news from www.boxeighteen.

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Gm Valdano Set For Huntelaar Crunch Talks Today Should He Leave Real / Manchester United -----july To August Fixtures / Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.