Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,731 members, 7,969,125 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 08:17 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) (39761 Views)

Governor Fayose And Osinbajo Laughing In Abuja (Photos) / Donald Trump And Osinbajo Laughing At G7 Summit (Photos) / President Buhari Attends Juma'at Prayers At The State House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by AreaFada2: 6:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
Wyttcat:
Tell me how your family that walk on their heads brought you up to let the first person that call Ooni a slave go until I replied him, it was my reply that got you involved. Why didn't you quote and scold him?

I did not scold anyone. I'm not a parent to any of you.

Your post was the last I saw and just quoted that.

I'm a direct descendant of Ododuwa. Easy to trace like Kabiyesi, the current Ooni can trace his. And proudly one. So you believe I will delight in someone calling him a slave??

How does what just another regular provocative NLer says makes him a slave?

How many people on NL can one quote or correct?

You cannot just pounce on anyone trying to broker peace.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by Firefire(m): 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2016
lawydewy:

The king (fireFORfire) is back from suspension!!!!!

Na you suspend me...? embarassed
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by Wyttcat: 6:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
Why didn't you quote him and say "it was in bad taste"? You were short of congratulating him though, when you didn't say anything to such a big insult of Ooni but jumped on mine that was just a reply to his insult. You can deceive others not me.

Truth is, you enjoyed it when Ooni was called a "slave", and were only pained when I moved in on him and you knew I was about to trash the one you respect as much as we respect Ooni.

You are not part of the house of Oduduwa, What you have shown if your comments are anything to go by is that, you and yours are at best the slaves ones at the backyard of Oduduwa.

And No! Ooni doesn't need to trace his root, he's where his root is, it's you impostors and kids who need to trace your roots!
AreaFada2:

I did not scold anyone. I'm not a parent to any of you.

Your post was the last I saw and just quoted that.

I'm a direct descendant of Ododuwa. Easy to trace like Kabiyesi, the current Ooni can trace his. And proudly one. So you believe I will delight in someone calling him a slave??

How does what just another regular provocative NLer says makes him a slave?

How many people on NL can one quote or correct?

You cannot just pounce on anyone trying to broker peace.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by johnmartus(m): 6:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Slaves to Benin kingdom
History said so.
U quote me you die
Kids everywhere shame

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by mohciz69(m): 6:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Yeye oba

always think before you comment ...its not necessary for you to comment if you dinner have good thing to say
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 6:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Another Bad Picture For The IPOB Youths...
dat picture go pain dem die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by AreaFada2: 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2016
Wyttcat:
Why didn't you quote him and say "it was in bad taste"? You were short of congratulating him though, when you didn't say anything to such a big insult of Ooni but jumped on mine that was just a reply to his insult. You can deceive others not me.

Truth is, you enjoyed it when Ooni was called a "slave", and were only pained when I moved in on him and you knew I was about to trash the one you respect as much as we respect Ooni.

You are not part of the main house of Oduduwa, maybe the backyard ones. And No! Ooni doesn't need to trace his root, he's where his root is, it's you impostors and kids who need to trace your roots!

So you think I go checking each post? I have a job dude!

@Pained, hahahaha. Somebody I don't know?

Take a chill pill. No need for hypertension. The more you infuriate yourself, the more he succeeds in his quest.

My question is: how does what a faceless person says affects anyone's status?

@impostor, your opinion. Nobody is sharing out millions for those related to Oodua.
I know my roots. My relatives (close & distant) sit on over 50 thrones, major and minor, from SW to Edo to Delta to Bayelsa.

Thank you. Good luck in your endeavours.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by Wyttcat: 7:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
Are you losing your memory or what's the need to go and check the posts we both just posted?

Get over it!

Take any kind of pills you need, just look before you leap next time. You will never ride on a dog to my lane. No one is going to get hypertension over what we do here, ere ori igi, aseku omo edun!

Leave SW out your cross-country relation. True son of Oduduwa will not ridicule the heritage.

Good luck to you too!
AreaFada2:

So you think I go checking each post? I have a job dude!

@Pained, hahahaha. Somebody I don't know?

Take a chill pill. No need for hypertension. The more you infuriate yourself, the more he succeeds in his quest.

My question is: how does what a faceless person says affects anyone's status?

@impostor, your opinion. Nobody is sharing out millions for those related to Oodua.
I know my roots. My relatives (close & distant) sit on over 50 thrones, major and minor, from SW to Edo to Delta to Bayelsa.

Thank you. Good luck in your endeavours.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by smartleo(m): 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Yeye oba
Pls who his he saying now
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by tpiar: 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
that smile!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by AreaFada2: 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
jide219:
**** were in any yoruba state will u see the word bini street but here in benin-city there are different street full of yoruba ppl,even in mission road u will see the sign board ,yoruba steet,Owoseni street,talkless of ovia north east that is full of yoruba ppl.mind your words,Yoruba are the greatest,ppl love us.

Ah, very good observation. But partly wrong conclusion. Benin was an empire and quite progressive & inclusive too.
I think best thing is to look at the history of those names.

Benin & Oyo empires set their boundary at Otun, in Northern Ekiti.

European visitors in the 15th to 18th century wrote that Benin had about 10,000 standing troops and could easily raise 100,000 soldiers if needs be. Now considering the small population of core Benin people, a vast number was drawn from provinces of Non-Edo of Benin empire of which Eastern Yorubaland was at various times a part. Some great Benin warriors were indeed non-Benin people.

Benin has been a melting pot for centuries. My family members are intermarried with indigenous Urhobo, Igbo, Ijaw and family is indeed partly Yoruba. Talented (metal, wood, leather works, etc) people from many corners found their way there. It was the Lagos of those days.

The 1914 agreement (pre-condition) with the British was to renounce claims to all former imperial provinces in order to restore the monarchy.

People bringing tributes to Oba Eweka II at coronation from Ondo in 1914 were refused travel to Benin by British colonial officials.

100 years is a long time. A lot has been lost to history to the point that they would be dismissed as lies today. In that time, the large number of Benin people in Eastern Yorubaland have disappeared into Yoruba.

Life in Lagos & urban Yoruba cities may be liberal now, but of old, you had to be Yoruba or remain outsider, though welcome to live there but cannot have privileges of an indigene. Once your name changes from Okunbor to Tokunbor or Ojukwu to Ojikutu, to blend in, your initial identity is gone.

Benin was different. Any self-respecting Benin noble man had Yoruba wives, Igbo wives and wives from other tribes.

In Edo, your name can be Ojo, Bode, Eze, Ike, Isah, Yusuf and present yourself as an Edo and nobody would raise an eyebrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by oyalunasamuel(m): 8:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
This is one thing that will never happen in the Benin Kingdom. SMH
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by oyalunasamuel(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
There is only one Oba. Omo N'Oba of Benin Kindgom. We dont know the rest wanna be Obas.

Moheat:
A case of if Mohammed cannot go to the mountain, the mountain will go to Mohammed. This is why I respect the Oba of Benin he doesn't go around like all these western obas.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 8:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
tdemo:
is not just a walking stick is an ancient inheritance that was use by the first Oni risa which is Oramiyan...tho that's not the real one but it's represent the OPA Oramiyan.. Oramiyan walking stick which posses so many power those days
abeg where the real one?....so no power dey this one?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by DeLaw01: 9:11pm On Feb 16, 2016
jaybee3:
hehehehehhe
This Oni na real Ajala

Ojaja II
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by ishiamu(m): 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
caleb404:

Oh na the same mumu be that?

Was it the shame of losing all their appeals at the supreme Court that made him disguise himself?

I really feel for all these 700 Naira/day APC nairaland activist. Life must have been so tough for them undecided

that one na one big tribalist
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by HartIse(m): 10:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
AreaFada2:

Ah, very good observation. But partly wrong conclusion. Benin was an empire and quite progressive & inclusive too.
I think best thing is to look at the history of those names.

Benin & Oyo empires set their boundary at Otun, in Northern Ekiti.

European visitors in the 15th to 18th century wrote that Benin had about 10,000 standing troops and could easily raise 100,000 soldiers if needs be. Now considering the small population of core Benin people, a vast number was drawn from provinces of Non-Edo of Benin empire of which Eastern Yorubaland was at various times a part. Some great Benin warriors were indeed non-Benin people.

Benin has been a melting pot for centuries. My family members are intermarried with indigenous Urhobo, Igbo, Ijaw and family is indeed partly Yoruba. talented (metal, wood, leather works) people from many corners found their way there. It was the Lagos of those days.

The 1914 agreement (pre-condition) with the British was to renounce claims to all former imperial provinces in order to restore the monarchy.

People bringing tributes to Oba Eweka II at coronation from Ondo in 1914 were refused travel to Benin by British colonial officials.

100 years is a long time. A lot has been lost to history to the point that they would be dismissed as lies today. In that time, the large number of Benin people in Eastern Yorubaland have disappeared into Yoruba.

Life in Lagos & urban Yoruba cities may be liberal now, but of old, you had to be Yoruba or remain outsider, though welcome to live but cannot have privileges of an indigene. Once your name changes from Okunbor to Tokunbor or Ojukwu to Ojikutu, to blend in, your initial identity is gone.

Benin was different. Any self-respecting Benin noble man had Yoruba wives, Igbo wives and wives from other tribes.

In Edo, your name can be Ojo, Bode, Eze, Ike, Isah, Yusuf and present yourself as an Edo and nobody would raise an eyebrow.
God bless you jare, very matured & educative. Some shortsighted people will never agree sha
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by aresa: 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
Wyttcat:

You are not part of the house of Oduduwa, What you have shown if your comments are anything to go by is that, you and yours are at best the slaves ones at the backyard of Oduduwa.

And No! Ooni doesn't need to trace his root, he's where his root is, it's you impostors and kids who need to trace your roots!

TKO...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by HammerEvery(f): 10:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Slaves to Benin kingdom

History said so.

U quote me you die

and today's slaves to fulanis. Imagine a whole king going to visit an elected president. Does the queen go to visit Cameron? Even the Oba of Benin can never go visit in Abuja, the president goes to visit him.That only is a proof that yorubas were colonized and accultrated by the Benin kingdom. Benin king is superior to all their so-called kings put together. This king will soon buy his own carton of bleaching cream. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by Dindondin(m): 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Slaves to Benin kingdom
History said so.
U quote me you die
childish act. threatening who ll quote you with death. receive brain!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by Moheat(m): 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
oyalunasamuel:
There is only one Oba. Omo N'Oba of Benin Kindgom. We dont know the rest wanna be Obas.

Thank you my brother!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by rhozaay(m): 12:16am On Feb 17, 2016
social media king
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by femmy2010(m): 12:24am On Feb 17, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Yeye oba

Yeye you
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by Wyttcat: 4:08am On Feb 17, 2016
grin
aresa:

TKO...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by Wyttcat: 4:26am On Feb 17, 2016
Yet every important aspect of your lives has Yoruba written on it. You name your kids in Yoruba, your palace at one time with still traces of language is Yoruba and you have to worship gods in Yoruba. You must have been the ultra weakest kingdom ever. I can't imagine the British speaking, naming and worshipping in a nigeria language. Inferiority complex is your bane, and Yoruba have always been and will continue to be lords over you and your people, it's your destiny to be beneath us and no amount of wishful thinking can change that. Heads will remain heads and tails remain tails forever. Heads will never turn tails.
HammerEvery:

and today's slaves to fulanis. Imagine a whole king going to visit an elected president. Does the queen go to visit Cameron? Even the Oba of Benin can never go visit in Abuja, the president goes to visit him.That only is a proof that yorubas were colonized and accultrated by the Benin kingdom. Benin king is superior to all their so-called kings put together. This king will soon buy his own carton of bleaching cream. grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by Rexyl(m): 5:11am On Feb 17, 2016
God bless the king for being a peace-loving and kind man. He has been going to places meeting people and telling them to embrace and live in peace. He didn't have time for pride. He wants progress for all people

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by EreluY(f): 6:14am On Feb 17, 2016
[size=16pt]Who occupies an equivalent position to that of Ooni of Ife in Igboland?[/size]
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by isalegan2: 6:39am On Feb 17, 2016
EreluY:
[size=16pt]Who occupies an equivalent position to that of Ooni of Ife in Igboland?[/size]

Why always antagonising the Easterners? undecided
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by orisa37: 6:47am On Feb 17, 2016
God bless the King, the President, the VP and Nigeria.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) by orisa37: 6:54am On Feb 17, 2016
That Long stick , he uses to jump huddles in any environment he finds himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

History As Ameachi, Lawmakers Test Run 32km Segment Lagos-ibadan Rail (pics) / Buhari Sacks Usman Yusuf As NHIS Boss, Appoints Sambo Replacement / Who Do you Think Wrote This Letter On Gbajabiamila's Table

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.