Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,065 members, 7,946,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 11:17 PM

Book Review- A Few Seconds Of Panic........by Stefan Fatsis. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Book Review- A Few Seconds Of Panic........by Stefan Fatsis. (586 Views)

Don't Give Up By Stefan / Visible - The Blind By Stefan / A Book Review- A Dialogue With My Country By Niyi Osundare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Book Review- A Few Seconds Of Panic........by Stefan Fatsis. by Thinkerspool: 1:47pm On Feb 17, 2016
CURRENTLY READING --- A FEW SECONDS OF PANIC........By Stefan Fatsis.

INTRODUCTION
Now, imagine our own Bamidele Boluwaji of popular complete sport newspaper becoming a footballer and succeed in his new chosen career, this is what this book is about.
It is a book of over 330 pages, quite voluminous to some people, right? This is why we are here together, as time goes on, I will be telling you how I often find it easy to read huge books. I am sure that other guys (iThinkers) will be sharing their tactics with us too.

Of course, I am a sport lover (jogging) but I never liked American football for once, I got attracted to this book due to the fact that I want to read what seems to be a memoir of a famous sport writer turned famous American football player. If you pay attention, you will observe that a word was repeated twice here famous." I have strong desire to know how a man could become successful in one career, switch to another one and become a force to reckon with again in his new career.

Fatsis is actually a short man considering the kind of sport he delved into, no one gave him a chance to survive in the league. He is the author of the New York Times bestseller Word Freak, trains to become a professional caliber placekicker. As he sharpens his skills, he gains surprising insight on the daunting challenges --- physical, psychological, and intellectual that PRO athletes must overcome.

I will be gisting you guys as I read on. I managed to read 16 books last year and I want to set new record in 2016. If it is not up to 30 books this year, then I haven't read anything. I will stock 25 hard copies in my library and 5 carefully selected eBooks on my PC. I want to shift my attention to papers, because they have intoxicating aroma.

Also, I would love to talk about best 5 most interesting books that I read in 2015, those books has greatly influenced and reshaped my thinking pattern.
➡ Psychology of Gestures and Body Languages
➡ Attitude is Everything (full text)
➡ 48 Laws of power (quite voluminous and interesting)
➡ The Alchemist
➡ 360 Degree Leaders

Sooner, I will be entertaining you guys with great books on a daily basis.
You may follow @thinkerzpool on twitter.
I welcome you all into Bookuary, this is my plan because we intend to transform your February to Bookuary.....lols. Finally, I will not relent on my desire to give you several tips that will make you better readers.

You may want to join Thinkerspool group on Facebook, please search for THINKERSPOOL and send your request. It is my plan to turn nothing less than 200 lazy readers to book lovers before the end of 2016, you've got all it takes.
Re: Book Review- A Few Seconds Of Panic........by Stefan Fatsis. by Niftyrules(m): 7:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
The Innocent Mage
By Karen Miller

The kingdom of Lur is where to use magic
unlawfully means death, summary death.
Doranen haveruled Lur with magic since
arriving as refugees centuries back. Theirs
was desperate flight to escape the wrath of a
powerful mage who started a bitter war in their homeland, so to keep Lur safe, the
native Olken inhabitants agreed to abandon
their own magic. Magic is now forbidden
them, and any who break this law was
executed. Asher left his coastal village to make his
fortune. Employed in the royal stables, he
soon finds himself befriended by Prince Gar
and given more money and power than
he’d never dreamt possible....
See more www.niftyreview.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: CLUB ADVENTURE / All About My Books! / Publish Your Book And Get A FREE Website{for Real}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.